Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Gripweed posted:

I am excited to meet all the new characters they moved into the prison. They brought in like 20 old people and kids, that's gonna really change the group dynamic and I'm excited to see how that plays out.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Gripweed posted:

I finished season 3. I'm not going to ask why they moved everybody into prison instead of Woodbury. I assume the reason is that all those prison interiors were expensive sets they could only justify building if they got more than one season worth of use out of them

The prison is safer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Elias_Maluco posted:

The prison is safer

They could just shore up the gaps in Woodbury's defense. They got in by like, pulling a bit of metal aside. just push an old car in front of that, let the air out of the tires, boom, impregnable.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The prison is safer, but it definitely would have made sense to take all of Milton's cool stuff from Woodbury

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

The prison is safer, but it definitely would have made sense to take all of Milton's cool stuff from Woodbury

Milton, the only good character in the show

Wait, sorry, forgot about T-Dog

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Johnny Truant posted:

Milton, the only good character in the show

Wait, sorry, forgot about T-Dog

T-Dog, Two-Dog, Three Dog and Tyreese

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Another one bites the dust

https://twitter.com/snoodit/status/1152321754108268544?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

S10 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn1kXp9T9EY

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The film's playing in theaters, not AMC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UxsrVY5O6M

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Episode 8 is out.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Well, since the comic is over, that might be a good time to end the show too

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'd prefer if they kept the show running indefinitely. Ideally The Walking Dead should run longer than Last of the Summer Wine

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Elias_Maluco posted:

Well, since the comic is over, that might be a good time to end the show too

LOL they'll never end the show.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm on to season 4. They really need to get those SS stickers off Daryl's bike. I know it used to belong to Merle, and he was a bad guy and a racist. But it's Daryl's bike now. He should've taken the stcikers off or covered them up by the time he started wearing that loving angel wing vest

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I understand the metaphor of Rick having to sacrifice his pigs to clear the walkers off the fence. But on a literal level holy poo poo is it the dumbest goddamn thing in the world. They established in literally the previous episode That they were able to clear a big area of walkers by leaving a boombox playing. The zombies literally all leave the fence and start following the truck before Rick even pulls out the first pig.

It's the stupidest thing and I hate it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm pretty sure I remember thinking the ex-Governor plotline was one of the better parts of season 4.

On rewatch, it's pretty dull

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I remember the gif where the Governor was juking zombies casually while looking all sad.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

For fun try and remember (no Wikipedia cheating) who killed the Governor and what happened to them afterwards.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The first 8 episodes of season 4 are mostly just resetting back to the finale of season 3. Like, all the new people fuckin die, either by flu or by being put on the doomed bus, the Governor ends up back outside the prison with a mob of people he has lied to get to attack Rick. He even has a new second in command who is the exact same character as Martinez.

If you were binge watching the show and the stream hosed up, 20 minutes away from the end of the Season 3 finale it just jumped ahead 8 episodes, to the last 10 minutes or so of S04E8, what would you miss? Genuinely, what would confuse you as you continued to watch, not knowing the content you skipped?

Bob? You'd have missed the introduction of Bob. 8 episodes, and the sum total they do is introduce Bob?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Holy poo poo, I just remembered; at the end of season 3 there was dark haired Woodbury lady who went along with the Governor but had misgivings and stopped supporting him when she saw the violence at the prison and then ended up joining the Grimes crew. She's literally 8 inches of hair away from being the exact same as Tara.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hershel vs the flu and Carol the stone cold killa happened in the first half of S4. Also the 'very special episode' where Daryl goes apeshit at Bob for taking a bottle of booze.

Can anyone link the old thread from S4? I vaguely remember the MSF chat being hilarious. Particularly the debate on whether or not Tyreese was running away with baby Judith.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That trailer makes the show look great, I'm not falling for this again.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I gotta make a gif tonight of them "trying" get zombies off of the plane

They show Morgan pretending to stomp the zombie in such a gingerly way before theyre like lol oh yeah we have weapons

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Things seem different enough now that I just might watch Season 10 without hating myself.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
FTWD S5A SO BAD.

I skipped a couple episodes this season, something I haven't done since 2A. It's ugly, awkward, stupid through and through. From the heights of S3 to this is just depressing.

One thing irking me to the core is how Try Hard AMC is being with pushing the beer thing. People bought the TWD red wine because they enjoyed TWD. Nobody likes Fear, nobody wants its beer. Since S3, beer has had a more structured arc in Fear than all of its main characters.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
We need a way to make beer

Let's use some esoteric recipes to make The Beer Nerd's Beer

OR

Maybe go into one suburban house and find that one beer kit every single Dad has gotten at least once

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
morgan wants to stay and crawl out through the fallout

https://i.imgur.com/pEfVBQq.gifv

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, I'm glad I stopped watching Fear

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I liked how they shamelessly swaggered up to the guy in the wheelchair who was just crawling along the ground, announcing, "we're still standing"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

After I get caught up on the main show I might give Fear a try, it looks wild.

How is Morgan there? I thought the whole premise of Fear The Walking Dead was that it covered the early part that The Walking Dead skipped over? Did Morgan have a plane adventure before hiding out in the house with Duane where he found Rick?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm wondering how many episodes they are going to go until "ohhhh nooo Logan double crossed us :("

Like why can't they just read the journal

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Gripweed posted:

After I get caught up on the main show I might give Fear a try, it looks wild.

How is Morgan there? I thought the whole premise of Fear The Walking Dead was that it covered the early part that The Walking Dead skipped over? Did Morgan have a plane adventure before hiding out in the house with Duane where he found Rick?

Haha it was the premise and they skipped away from the onset and away from America asap. This is all post Walking Dead at this point.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Last night was kind of a Feel Good ep where Everybody Lived and I actually enjoyed it.

Especially the Strand/Salazar bonding. :3:

Call me a sucker, but I am appreciating this show as coming into it's own as a more hopeful version ot TWD where people like John Dorie exist and don't get poo poo on by life. It's not the Madison Murder Hour with Special Guest Drug/Emo Not Johnny Depp (which don;t get me wrong I loved), but it's not bad. It's basically like we already got a 3rd show with cast members from TWD and FTWD and that is OK.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chronojam posted:

Haha it was the premise and they skipped away from the onset and away from America asap. This is all post Walking Dead at this point.

LMAO I guess they forgot and then immediately remembered how cheap it is to film when you don't need any extras and all your sets are just a clearing in the woods with some tents.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol I just saw some preview on facebook and Logan double crosses them in the next dumbass episode

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Leads cast for the recently-announced currently-untitled third Walking Dead show https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/third-walking-dead-series-cast-1203262504/

Alexa Mansour (Unfriended: Dark Web)
Nicolas Cantu (Gumball in The Amazing World Of Gumball)
Hal Cumpston

Premieres next year, 10 eps

"Revolves around two young female protagonists and focuses on the first generation to come of age in the apocalypse as viewers know it"

Jordan Vogt-Roberts (Kong Skull Island) is directing

Co-created by Gimple :lol:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That premise sounds interesting, and Kong Skull Island had good action and comedy and was very good to look at. I'm optimistic.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The walking dead company is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll keep watching that garbage

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I still can watch FTWD if I skip the Morgan scenes. Who the hell likes his monologues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gimple.