Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

marshmallow creep posted:

Do we still not know what exactly NG+ carries over? If its character levels that would kind of suck because leveling is fun, but if it's, like, your ranks in weapons and magic so you can more easily swap classes or recruit characters, then cool.

No one's allowed to discuss that yet, and the one person who's leaking in spite of the NDA hasn’t beaten the game yet. He got past the timeskip this morning. Someone posted video of playing with low-level Golden Deer characters with their post-skip models, which I think was a mistake, but it indicates a possible “adult costumes” option in NG+.

My money's on being able to keep your renown (or the bonuses you’ve bought with your renown). Those bonuses have effects like doubling your class mastery rate, giving extra experience, and improving your teaching.

I want to know whether there's a lunatic mode.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, Claude and Dimitri will probably be big parts of the other two routes besides their own.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Post-timeskip Edelgard is still only 1.58m tall, or 5'2" in American units.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

golden bubble posted:

Personally it’s heartwarming to see a fellow short person in a position of power

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

Do we still not know what exactly NG+ carries over? If its character levels that would kind of suck because leveling is fun, but if it's, like, your ranks in weapons and magic so you can more easily swap classes or recruit characters, then cool.

The only thing that we seem to know might carry over is possibly the ability to use post-timeskip full body models whenever you want, because we've gotten in-battle screenshots and video of students with pre-skip portrait art and low levels running around with post-skip models.

golden bubble posted:

I've caught some of the visual leaks, and I'm just amazed that Bernadetta apparently gained 6 inches during the timeskip, despite already being 17 prior. She goes from just about the shortest person in the game at 4'11" to a rather decent 5'5".

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 22, 2019

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Lord Koth posted:

I've caught some of the visual leaks, and I'm just amazed that Bernadetta apparently gained 6 inches during the timeskip, despite already being 17 prior. She goes from just about the shortest person in the game at 4'11" to a rather decent 5'5".

I also caught some of the visual leaks, and I'm deeply disappointed that Dorothea loses her hat after the timeskip :(

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Hang on a second. A 30 year old man who goes by the name “Kirbopher” is a creep? You don’t say.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unmature posted:

Hang on a second. A 30 year old man who goes by the name “Kirbopher” is a creep? You don’t say.

as opposed to a 30 year old man who goes by the name 'unmature?'

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

we all have internet aliases, that's nothing to be ashamed about

hello, I am Terper, some time back I found out that was shorthand for "Red Piller", that kinda sucked for me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why does endorph knows unmature's age

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the internet has made all user names suck

especially when gamers keep rising up but are lovely human beings, ugh

ROFL Octopus posted:

Personally it’s heartwarming to see a fellow short person in a position of power

actually most of the female cast seems to be on the short side

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

why does endorph knows unmature's age
i was guessing based on reg date

Gamerofthegame posted:

i mean thats just japanese perceptions of height, sailor jupiter the one thats so tall that thats her defining characteristic is like 5'5''

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
joke's on you i stole my name off a save file from a used game and it doesn't mean anything

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ROFL Octopus posted:

Napoleon was cool

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
napoleon was of average height at the time :eng101: everyone was a bit shorter back in the day due to lack of protein

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

the internet has made all user names suck

especially when gamers keep rising up but are lovely human beings, ugh

Not post-timeskip they're not. In fact I think they're overall right around real world averages, it's just that Japan has the habit in animation of younger people (even late teens, and particularly girls) being super short next to adults, so there's a silly amount of growth between pre/post-timeskip. Edelgard's just short even compared to most of the female cast.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Zane posted:

napoleon was of average height at the time :eng101: everyone was a bit shorter back in the day due to lack of protein

The old French officer corps had a habit of promoting impressive looking (tall) people. So even though he was average sized for a Frenchman, he was short for a French general. Also, the English loved to harp about his height in their propaganda, and they had the printing presses to make it stick.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ROFL Octopus posted:

Huh. The "Evil Empress" outfit makes her look so much larger. I was assuming she was like, five-nine or something.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zoran posted:

Post-timeskip mechanical spoilers:

All four lords do get unique classes. Edelgard has Armored Lord (with armor movement, boo!) and Byleth gets a special infantry class with a name that might be extra spoilery. It seems fairly obvious that Dmitri will have a horse and that Claude will indeed ride a wyvern.

No confirmation on what they specialize in, although the odds-on favorites would be Authority, their respective default weapon types, and their respective movement types. Since Byleth's class is infantry, it might have a third specialization in something else; I would guess Faith, Byleth's hidden talent.

Booo! Give me Griffon Riders! Otherwise what’s the point of putting one on the Faerghus flag?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Potential spoiler question but what’s the gameplay loop like post-timeskip? Certainly there’s not still a calendar system right?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

wuggles posted:

Potential spoiler question but what’s the gameplay loop like post-timeskip? Certainly there’s not still a calendar system right?

Apparently there still is but of course it's less structured. You'll still be training and such but with less/different options and more battles.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zoran posted:

Post-timeskip mechanical spoilers:

All four lords do get unique classes. Edelgard has Armored Lord (with armor movement, boo!) and Byleth gets a special infantry class with a name that might be extra spoilery. It seems fairly obvious that Dmitri will have a horse and that Claude will indeed ride a wyvern.

No confirmation on what they specialize in, although the odds-on favorites would be Authority, their respective default weapon types, and their respective movement types. Since Byleth's class is infantry, it might have a third specialization in something else; I would guess Faith, Byleth's hidden talent.

Most of these are obvious, but where does Claude getting a wyvern come form? I never saw him as the "giant death lizard" sort. Have we ever had an archer wyvern rider before?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Geostomp posted:

Most of these are obvious, but where does Claude getting a wyvern come form? I never saw him as the "giant death lizard" sort. Have we ever had an archer wyvern rider before?

I don't think we had archer wyverns. But new combinations are always cool.

Claude getting a wyvern was one of the more interesting details in the Thanibomb leaks from a few months back.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Geostomp posted:

heroes has given us one or two as alts but Claude is deffo the first canon one

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Geostomp posted:

(On classes) Claude getting a wyvern is in the Thanibomb leak; he’s been shown in Wyvern Rider repeatedly in pre-release footage; and he has a strength in flying.

And no, I believe this would be only the second flying archer class ever after Kinshi Knight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mercedes age

22 pre time skip

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I think considering Edelgard’s strength in armor and Dimitri’s strength in riding, it’s safe to assume that Claude’s strength in flying also corresponds to his post timeskip class. And since pegasuses are again female only but he does have access to wyvern classes...

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have good (high quality) pictures of the full golden deer crew post time skip? - I'd prefer the profile page that shows their history and such but..honestly I'm just wanting something to try and make the choice easier between the eagles and deer.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

The ROM has been dumped and posted to 4chan.

More on post-skip class mechanics: The unique lord classes supposedly have no requirements and are simply added to the characters' certifications after the skip. So, for instance, you won’t necessarily have to train Edelgard in Armor to use the class (although I assume that higher Armor ranks will have significant bonuses).

Zoran fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 22, 2019

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

based on some of the post-skip art, I'm definitely gonna try and get Leonie on the Black Eagles. whew, that's some solid artwork

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if it was futrher to release id look up the post-timeskip art but as it is ill just let myself be surprised

really curious about growth rates tho

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Edelgard is very cute but IRL I’d probably want her in a guillotine. Black Eagles or Blue Lions?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

wuggles posted:

Edelgard is very cute but IRL I’d probably want her in a guillotine. Black Eagles or Blue Lions?

Black Eagles: marry the empress who tries to overthrow the church
Blue Lions: figure out why the blonde kid has an eyepatch

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dimitri wants to smash the state, I think

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
hey we could always use a class traitor or two from the upper classes

so more power to dimitri

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Carlosologist posted:

Blue Lions: figure out why the blonde kid has an eyepatch

This is what I want, but do I want it more than I want to be horny for my lord character

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

smh if you aren’t horny for all the lords.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm gonna marry Dimitri

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I do like scheming, backstabbing, lying dudes with strange facial hair, but I like depressed, self-loathing, constantly tired religious women far too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

4 Difficulties

Normal
Hard
Maddening
Infernal