Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Gimmie a dang Splatfest themed track.

They'll give you Moray Towers in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

They'll give you Moray Towers in that case.

Moray would be a rad track.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

LethalGeek posted:

I really am glad I don't know WTF you're even talking ab out.

An April Fool's joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3TtRfeDrE0

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
NA players, you might want to check the My Nintendo site if you're interested in that gear that came with the shirts in the other regions:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 23, 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh gently caress why the hell ISNT Flounder Heights in Splat2?!

It better be in 5.0 I swear to god

This but Museum d'Alfonsino

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Araxxor posted:

NA players, you might want to check the My Nintendo site if you're interested in that gear that came with the shirts in the other regions:

Awesome. Is this the first time My Nintendo has offered something like this for the Switch? About time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same. I dont see a reason for another one on Switch unless theres major innovation.

A spin off would be dope to bridge the gap though.

Single player Splatoon campaign with the exploration of Mario Odyssey, make it happen Nintendo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Amppelix posted:

If 9 was literally 8 but with new tracks I would get it. You want an influx of new stuff every now and then.

at this point what I want out of Mario Kart is a Smash Ultimate style edition with every track and every character from every Mario Kart and also the option to have the Double Dash gimmick.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Araxxor posted:

The gently caress? We had to order the Final Fest t-shirts for those. Nintendo screwing Europeans yet again. :argh:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The gently caress? We had to order the Final Fest t-shirts for those. Nintendo screwing Europeans yet again. :argh:

You need to get some kind of online points for these though.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Cocoa Crispies posted:

You need to get some kind of online points for these though.

100 platinum points is laughably easy to gather, you'd have to be criminally stupid not to get enough.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I checked the European Mynintendo thing and they had real life posters that they would send over.

Just tried to get them and they're already gone in France at least.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat I only just realised I had enough points for the poster set and now it’s out of stock

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Just a quick heads-up for EU residents: If you preordered the Final Fest t-shirts, the code is in your assigned e-mail inboxes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that splatfests are over and I have 250 shells I'm never going to use, I've decided to tackle a new goal: getting a pure piece of gear in every slot for every ability

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want Kojima to write Splatoon 3.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Lets take an IP notable for its many, good women characters and hand it to the Quiet man.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Serenade posted:

Lets take an IP notable for its many, good women characters and hand it to the Quiet man.

Yeah good point.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Serenade posted:

Lets get Yoko taro to write (and only write) splatoon 3 instead

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ohtsam posted:

Lets get Yoko taro to write (and only write) splatoon 3 instead

You're just thinking about how much you want to **** Callie, aren't you?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Serenade posted:

I agree!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Takoluka posted:

You're just thinking about how much you want to **** Callie, aren't you?

Emotions are prohibited, Agent 8.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Octo expansion ending pretty much mirrored the ending of MGS2 as it was.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Jonas Albrecht posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Become as Cods

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Flounder heights was a very fun map, but it could be difficult if you were a brush player and your teammates didn't paint paths on the walls. Which is why the inkbrush should have had wall running.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

it could be difficult if you were a brush player and your teammates didn't paint paths on the walls.

good

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Flounder heights was a very fun map, but it could be difficult if you were a brush player and your teammates didn't paint paths on the walls. Which is why the inkbrush should have had wall running.

I'd be very curious to see how the devs would fix it for 2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

the kentucky quid posted:

Octo expansion ending pretty much mirrored the ending of MGS2 as it was.

Holy poo poo, you’re right.:eyepop:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When I played Splatoon 2 today, I found my pro controller had dead spots on going forward with the sticks, recaliberating didn't help. I'll have to get some rubbing alcohol and if that doesn't work I'll send it in for repair, but if it comes to that, I can take solace in that it lasted me through the splatfest. :unsmith:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Flounder Heights was an extremely enjoyable map that was horrible for S1 rollers.

Somehow, even with no way to navigate walls, that stage was one of my favourites, and if it made the jump to S2, probably would have been the best drat map with the improvements to rollicity that we have gotten.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Still waiting on a sword-like ink option

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

When I played Splatoon 2 today, I found my pro controller had dead spots on going forward with the sticks, recaliberating didn't help. I'll have to get some rubbing alcohol and if that doesn't work I'll send it in for repair, but if it comes to that, I can take solace in that it lasted me through the splatfest. :unsmith:

This happened to mine and cleaning did nothing. There is a way to replace the joystick but you need a soldering iron. You might also be able to get it repaired by Nintendo, but I never looked into it because I got lazy. I ended up selling my borked controller as is to someone on Craigslist who needed a project, and got a new one for myself.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Serenade posted:

Why would you want to put anything in the hands of Joe Kelly? :confused:

Yes, I know.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Hey EVA was a fine female character, as so was The Boss.

The Boss rules hard.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zeruel posted:

Hey EVA was a fine female character, as so was The Boss.

The Boss rules hard.

Meryl, Fortune and Sniper Wolf are cool too. Can’t really defend Quiet though, she sucks even after the ridiculous male gaze. The Beauty and the Beast Corp are pretty bad too in that way but at least they look cool before you break their suits off...

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Meryl, Fortune and Sniper Wolf are cool too. Can’t really defend Quiet though, she sucks even after the ridiculous male gaze. The Beauty and the Beast Corp are pretty bad too in that way but at least they look cool before you break their suits off...

I got Quiet a nice outfit when I could.

But I also hosed around with the Naked (Blood) version for :black101:

Look at this scar. This is proof that I was once a Squid. I gave up my body and my ink for my Splatfest. There is nothing left inside me now. Nothing at all. No hatred, not even regret. And yet sometimes at night I can still feel the pain creeping up inside me. Slithering through my body, like an eel.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Holy poo poo, you’re right.:eyepop:

There was way too many similarities for it to be a coincidence imo. Minus the long drawn out incoherent babbling about AI of course.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Kojima stopped coming up with interesting characters as bosses after 2 btw. The bosses of MGS3 were boring, fight me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

the kentucky quid posted:

Kojima stopped coming up with interesting characters as bosses after 2 btw. The bosses of MGS3 were boring, fight me.

They’re the best ones!:ocelot: