Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah these guys just look like junkyard warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Those would be impressive costumes for a low-budget retread of Death Race.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
But does his accusing finger reinforce his unquestioned authority? :ohdear:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

drat those guys look boring and generic as hell.

Boring helmets, faceless, entirely grey

Like drat

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Perry bible fellowship weeaboo comic edited to be the knights of ren dot jpg

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The whole desert junkyard aesthetic makes me think these should be Rey's people rather than Kylo's.

Like, these are just "cool" Tuskan Raiders.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Why would people from the junkyard be Rey's people? She doesn't like any of them.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

The whole desert junkyard aesthetic makes me think these should be Rey's people rather than Kylo's.

Like, these are just "cool" Tuskan Raiders.

Not that they look great, but those specific influences seem appropriate enough. Ren and the Knights formed at Luke's Jedi school on Jakku / Tatooine, so it makes sense they've have both a scavenger thing (Jakku) and Tusken Raider thing (Tatooine) going on.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Grendels Dad posted:

Looks like a bunch of guys that need to gaze into the fist of Dredd.
More like the trash-tier mooks that the ABC Warriors carve through before reaching the boss robots that the artist gave a poo poo about designing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

porfiria posted:

These guys are like soccer hooligans or something lol.

Don't see many assault rifles at Millwall tbh.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm forever killing Bibbles,

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Halloween Jack posted:

Why would people from the junkyard be Rey's people? She doesn't like any of them.

Rey doesn't like the people who raised her. One of the big problem of this character from the start.

Also how much hazard pay are those Ren actors getting to wear those poo poo in the desert for 10 hours a day?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Oh poo poo, D-0 has a PRIMARY articulation joint??? That means, he's got to have at least two, right???

Also, lmao that Rey is just picking up the props from the main characters. I assume she will get Leia's power bikini or her commando helmet in the upcoming movie.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The only two acceptable endings to IX are Kylo redeeming himself by time traveling to 1973 and chopping Young George or the real life Current George walking onscreen and saying "they died"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/LoudTrshStrangr/status/1152827490043191296

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

:ck5:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Let's see what we've got here. A Red Stormtrooper, a Tie Interceptor with the space filled in, Low budget Kylo Ren (who was already low budget Revan), Rey in Tatooine/Jedi clothes with Anakins Saber, Just outright C-3PO, Chewies Bowcaster but even less creative and is just now a bow but in space, and unicycle-bot. TRoS seems to be carrying on the sequels fine tradition of having no artistic talent or creativity.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The bow...is made out of a gun?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Mameluke posted:

The bow...is made out of a gun?

Hey, it's JANNAH'S energy bow. And Jannah is DEFINITELY a creative name, and not something that the writers came up with because the "h" and "j" keys are right next to each other on a keyboard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Basically just there to sell toys. I mean, that is what Star Wars has always been, but there's not even a good movie to go along with these new figures.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

I said come in! posted:

Basically just there to sell toys. I mean, that is what Star Wars has always been, but there's not even a good movie to go along with these new figures.

The thing is everything in the OT and PT made awesome toys. They looked cool and did cool things. Who wants a toy of those ugly Salt Speeders that do nothing but suck and die when you could have a Snow Speeder toy that looks cool and lets you reenact the awesome Battle of Hoth on the living room carpet?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

why does the laser bow have the string or whatever? Not even Chewies crossbow or the blind guy from Rogue ones bow had the string on it. what does it even do?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

To be fair the saltspeeders are excellent at protecting you when your anti-suicide stance compels you to commit suicide

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bogus Adventure posted:

Hey, it's JANNAH'S energy bow. And Jannah is DEFINITELY a creative name, and not something that the writers came up with because the "h" and "j" keys are right next to each other on a keyboard.

Jannah is "heaven" in Arabic.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

banned from Starbucks posted:

why does the laser bow have the string or whatever? Not even Chewies crossbow or the blind guy from Rogue ones bow had the string on it. what does it even do?

Should've just airbrushed one of those 90's nerf bows

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
There's a precedent for laser bows in Clone Wars, but I'm not defending them.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the ewoks had bows with strings

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sir Kodiak posted:

Not that they look great, but those specific influences seem appropriate enough. Ren and the Knights formed at Luke's Jedi school on Jakku / Tatooine, so it makes sense they've have both a scavenger thing (Jakku) and Tusken Raider thing (Tatooine) going on.

I guess Kylo's saber also has that assembled-from-junk aesthetic going for it.

...was that meant to be a point of comparison between him and Rey at one point..? Jeez, the NT is a mess.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
A lightsaber that was custom-made by its wielder and looks fitted together from stock industrial parts is pretty much the norm.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Do they ever explain why someone doesn't invent a gun that shoots lightsabers?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

porfiria posted:

Uhhhh spoilers... In Dr Aphra comics its revealed a jedi built a sniper rifle that shoots lightsabers and got excommunicated by the jedi order & killed because he was using it to destroy evil people but like... really blasting em to bits and poo poo and like non-stop. The aphra comics rule.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
...Why would you make a gun that shoots really expensive custom-made swords?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

porfiria posted:

Isn’t that what the blasters already do?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Technically the death star is a gun that shoots lightsabers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jerkface posted:

Uhhhh spoilers... In Dr Aphra comics its revealed a jedi built a sniper rifle that shoots lightsabers and got excommunicated by the jedi order & killed because he was using it to destroy evil people but like... really blasting em to bits and poo poo and like non-stop. The aphra comics rule.

In the Darth Vader series there is also a lightsaber powered rifle that Jocasta uses against Vader.

(Darth Vader #10)

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Zoran posted:

Isn’t that what the blasters already do?

pew pew guns shoot these weak little turd beams that barely shock folks. like leia got shot by one and only had an achey shoulder. lightsabers burn with the inferno heat of hell trapped within them. except lukes in rotj during the jabba escape scene at the point it was on the Low setting and acted more like a pole or rod

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

In the Darth Vader series there is also a lightsaber powered rifle that Jocasta uses against Vader.

(Darth Vader #10)

OH poo poo yea I forgot, Jocasta owns too.

The aphra panel

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 23, 2019

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

You know what would be a lot cooler than this? If they each just had a red lightsaber.

Seven glowing red lightsabers advancing on you is a lot scarier than one red lightsaber, one "vibro-scythe," one rear end paddle, etc

Sometimes simpler is better JJ!!!

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

banned from Starbucks posted:

The string is what launches the energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i don't know why they went with those goofy weapons for the knights or ren. is that a loving cricket bat