Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tim Burns Effect posted:

i can verify anecdotally that the twist works, i watched it with my wife who knew nothing about it beforehand and she was genuinely surprised

The twist being that Arnie’s a good guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, the whole movie was shot very similar to the first one, so when the bad guy from the first movie turns out to actually be the good guy it would have floored a lot of people.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That one worked very well for me, coming to it a bit late without paying much attention to any advertising. Until the reveal I somehow never even questioned for a second that Robert Patrick was a good guy even when he was ostensibly murdering folks, he was just a robot doing what a robot's gotta do to save the future.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Miracle Mile is another fun movie with a twist that isn't a twist if you know literally anything about the film. It's a romantic comedy for about 20 minutes.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Rollersnake posted:

Miracle Mile is another fun movie with a twist that isn't a twist if you know literally anything about the film. It's a romantic comedy for about 20 minutes.

What an absolutely bizarre film

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Snowy posted:

Yeah that happens to me a lot “where did I see that? Oh a comment on a forum thread” *their eyes immediately glaze over*

thankfully most of my friends are extremely online and are at least aware of this stupid website, if they don't have their own dormant accounts

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What is the twist in T2? That Arnold is a good Terminator this time?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Does anyone have a link to the thread about the guy who got his kids taken away because he spent home repair money on a gaming PC?

bradzilla posted:

What is the twist in T2? That Arnold is a good Terminator this time?

yep

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Does anyone have a link to the thread about the guy who got his kids taken away because he spent home repair money on a gaming PC?

yep

CPS took my kids this morning: do I have a legal leg to stand on?

E: Follow-up (sin spoilers)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Extra credit: the comic someone drew about it

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Extra credit: the comic someone drew about it

I think it's in the second thread, actually.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I think it's in the second thread, actually.

Found it, thank you!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Although the original house photos in the imgur link got replaced by the OP (thankfully somebody reuploaded them in the thread), one detail remained:

SA had a different ammount of traffic back then.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The follow-up is good, but it was 7 years ago. Were there any more updates or news from Floppy Dingo?

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Jul 23, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Oh boy there’s a new low carb thread and we’ve already got “you can’t get fat if you only eat fat and protein”

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Oh boy there’s a new low carb thread and we’ve already got “you can’t get fat if you only eat fat and protein”

Link it! Link it! Link it!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you just get heart disease

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Who was posting the hot takes in Fyad that had the line "the pied piper of ham joints"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

pentyne posted:

Who was posting the hot takes in Fyad that had the line "the pied piper of ham joints"
That's all part of the same screed that forums treasure Triticum Guzzler wrote:

quote:

Triticum Guzzler posted:
its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SubponticatePoster posted:

That's all part of the same screed that forums treasure Triticum Guzzler wrote:

quote:

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Every time I know it's coming, and every time this makes me laugh like an idiot for a while.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

PoopinClumpin posted:

Again, you can't really overeat fat and protein. In the absence of carbohydrate your appetite will self regulate and you'll actually get sick if you try to eat too much of either fat or protein. I know you're worried. I was too I didn't want to get fat AGAIN!, I still don't know how it worked out but it did. I can eat maybe a 1/4 lb steak but if i try to eat any more than that I just feel ill. Though I'm satisfied through tomorrow afternoon. I never counted carbs, calories or whatever, i just found that when i was full it was time to stop eating, gradually my meals SHRANK. This has happened to everyone I have ever known who has tried the Ketogenic diets in the various forms

PoopinClumpin posted:

Dude, keep eating till you're full, that's when it's time to stop eating. That how this diet works. You're not counting carbs or fat grams, you're stopping when you feel like you'll be sick if you eat any more. (of course you're stacking the deck because you didn't include carbs in the meal...)The End. Yes, this is how I have maintained my weight for 9 years up and down of course as life goes on but I always know not to cook too much meat because I know how much I can eat and how much will spoil. I wish I could give you specific amounts, but that's between you and maybe your doctor. The idea of "weight maintenance" never enters into it because my weight hasn't ever changed. Follow the idea of eating healthy fat and protein, and your weight will regulate itself is all I can say, let your body find a healthy equilibrium, get a checkup, then enjoy your long health unless you have some other fitness goal that goes outside of a Keto diet thread

Condiv, the only other thing to be wary of if you like to drink alcohols , vodka, rum, etc have little sugar but beware of flavored versions because they're full of sugar (up to 12x sugar a bottle you might expect from Mtn Dew.)
anyway the critical thing to understand is that once you become keto-adapted you are essentially now a "cheap drunk" the microbes that helped you digest grain alcohol may have been killed off by your new diet! Surprise!
Dont buy that liter of vodka coz 2 shots might gently caress you over now! Whee another benefit?, there's no carbs in grain alcohol, so yeah, your poor insulin creating pancreas isn't directly offended by vodka or other pure grain (non sugared) alcohols (liqueurs). That's up to you!

i don't trust anyone who says "just keep eating until you're sick"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

Yes, this is how I have maintained my weight for 9 years up and down of course as life goes on

quote:

The idea of "weight maintenance" never enters into it because my weight hasn't ever changed.

:confused:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i don't trust anyone who says "just keep eating until you're sick"

I love reading advice about my diet from forums user "PoopinClumpin"

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Every time I know it's coming, and every time this makes me laugh like an idiot for a while.

Is this from a famous trip report or something? Would love to see the original

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

SgtScruffy posted:

Is this from a famous trip report or something? Would love to see the original

IIRC, HondaRider advanced the view that LSD is the perfect antidote to heroin addiction, or something.

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2448

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
As a big time proponent for (responsibly used) psychedelics, you should only trip in a good head space goons, not while recovering from heroin. Also don’t post during

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

As a big time proponent for (responsibly used) psychedelics, you should only trip in a good head space goons, not while recovering from heroin. Also don’t post during

He was arguing a heroin addict shouldn't goto rehab because it would ruin her life. Tapering off with a "lighter" drug would be the right move lol.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
Thinking of TCC, I'm trying to remember the thread about some-or-another Russian research chemical that Goons decided was the best, and one dude's dad found it in his desk. Thinking it was cocaine, the dad rubbed a fingerful on his gums then proceeded to try and fry a bag of bread, asking the Goon if he wanted "some eggs."

Anyone remember this? Where was it?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Counterpoint: do post during.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Exit Strategy posted:

Thinking of TCC, I'm trying to remember the thread about some-or-another Russian research chemical that Goons decided was the best, and one dude's dad found it in his desk. Thinking it was cocaine, the dad rubbed a fingerful on his gums then proceeded to try and fry a bag of bread, asking the Goon if he wanted "some eggs."

lol even if you remove the Russian experimental drugs from this it's still pretty :wtc:

Exit Strategy posted:

one dude's dad found it in his desk. Thinking it was cocaine, the dad rubbed a fingerful on his gums

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

As a big proponent of responsible hitting oneself on the head with a cricket bat, I can't agree more.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Didn't A SWEATY FATBEARD try to cook a chair once while on one of his usual grab bag of drugs?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lmao

Poopclumpin is gonna get another goon on statins

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's sad because a lot of goons in that thread just want to get in shape for the first time in their lives, and poo poo like that can completely derail it. I lost like 45 pounds and gained actual muscle with help from that thread, meanwhile that dude MVL was coming in and recommending steroid regimens to chubby nerds that didn't know how to do bicep curls right. Now it's this weird keto poo poo again.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Exit Strategy posted:

Any thread about the joose or benzos.

Its a drug that caused first time users to outright ruin their lives and have long term side effects and every third post was "where can I get some I'm not worried I'm a responsible user"

MVP was the guy 100% addicted heading to Saudi Arabia for a job and needing to smuggle some in or he'd suffer withdrawals and die. No big deal, just munching 12 bars of Xanax a day. I'll hyper dose the weeks before and withdrawal doesn't kick in before I leave.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Joose is the one that’s like the Ocarina of Time but only for jail or the hospital

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Anyone who hasn’t read the Ukrainian ambulance joose story should really click this link

https://gist.github.com/2073b2457717f0fc7bec

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Who was the creepy awful yearbook goon who asked every woman to text him? Are those screencaps still up anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The thing about low carb diets that so many people miss is that you have to eat vegetables still. You can’t just eat bacon and eggs all day every day!

Of course that thread never mentions that part.