Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

In my experience you run around killing stuff while people talk gibberish on the mic. Then you get loot and go to the next phase.

my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Idea: Fishing on the Moon.

For this september DLC they could add some sort of fishing. Weird fish and worm monster would swim on lake of black goo, and we would have fishing equipment. Epic bait would let us hunt giant whales from the black goo.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I already do fishing in the form of tbagging cunts in game and reporting them when they call me a human being

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The, “how many chromosomes do you have?” Question was basically trawling off the coast of Florida.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

article on artifacts
https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...-of-the-undying

- Artifacts will last the season (they're still 3 months) and be replaced with a new one when a new season starts
- They will match the theme of each season
- They'll use them to test new abilities. So if something sucks or is OP they can get rid of it, or bring it back if it's good

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I look forward to one of them being completely game breaking while the others are wet farts

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

BlindSite posted:

I look forward to one of them being completely game breaking while the others are wet farts

They SURELY wouldn't gently caress up artifact balancing again, would they?

(yes they absolutely will)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Surely the brain geniuses who gave us Aeon Swift and Prometheus Lens in the same expansion will get it right!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Give me an Artifact that increases exotic drop rates you cowards

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How about an artifact that deletes weapon telemetries from the game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One of the artifacts is just gonna be the Grenade boost from revelry and they'll pull the same "WHELP i guess PVP is hosed for Season 8, maybe neeeeeext time!"

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

xzzy posted:

How about an artifact that deletes weapon telemetries from the game.

artifact that auto scraps blues

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

One of the artifacts is just gonna be the Grenade boost from revelry and they'll pull the same "WHELP i guess PVP is hosed for Season 8, maybe neeeeeext time!"

An artifact that gives everyone OEM’s abilities.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
An artifact that adds sprint lock back into Destiny

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
What exactly is sprint lock?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Insane Totoro posted:

warlock sprint, duh

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Insane Totoro posted:

it was in D1, remember, where if you sprinted then stopped then sprinted again too much it wouldn't let you sprint for a few seconds

in rise of iron they had an artifact that got rid of that, then in d2 it was gone

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Traction artifact

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Mazerunner posted:

it was in D1, remember, where if you sprinted then stopped then sprinted again too much it wouldn't let you sprint for a few seconds

in rise of iron they had an artifact that got rid of that, then in d2 it was gone

Lol why. Why was any of this even a thing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It sounds more like artifacts are going to replace activity mods. Activity mods don't go away when a new season starts, though.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

oh my god give me a loving doomsday

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Artifact that make titan bubbles refrect supers.
Artifact that make grenades scan enemies and mark them for 6 seconds.
Artifact that make the whole screen grayscale, and enemies red.
Artifact that make rocket that dont hit anything turn into power ammo bricks.
Artifact that make a emote where we shot a imaginary gun with our hands shot a real bullet.
Artifact that create a aura of magnetism that vacuum ammo and super orbs.
Artifact that make our ghost always visible and mark enemies, but can be killed and is killed we are booted to orbit.
Artifact that set the helmet invisible in all area
Artifact that make your teammates visible through walls
Artifact that make guardians run like naruto
Artifact that make lumen drops has legendary shards
Artifact that make lumen drops has planetary mats
Artifact that give 5000 lumen for guardian kills in pvp

Tei fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 23, 2019

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Artifact that lets you open your d1 vault and use the guns in d2

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/zDE9On8.gifv

i stopped moving because i was too busy saying "thanks for the solo super....oh wait"

lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

https://i.imgur.com/zDE9On8.gifv

i stopped moving because i was too busy saying "thanks for the solo super....oh wait"

lmao

This was a fucky lobby

https://i.imgur.com/NveSU0j.gifv

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Artifact that lets you open your d1 vault and use the guns in d2

Artifact that just replaces D2 with D1

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Artifact that uninstalls the game. It also bricks your system and blocks your IP if you try to reinstall.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Artifact that makes your character gender-fluid.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Artifact that makes your ghost your character and your character your ghost.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Artifacts that delete itself and reset your character to level 1, force you to design his look, but give you a permanent bonus damage (30%) to One type of enemy in the game.

Artifact that binds circle to a tea bag animation

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jul 23, 2019

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

oh my god give me a loving doomsday

jesus christ that was way too much reckoning

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I have the weird feeling Bungie is going to ramp-up difficulty for Shadowkeep.

Players at the moment are powerhouse machines, good player can have a lot of fun... I have seen pub groups absolutely annihilate some events in the menagerie.

I have this feeling that for september Bungie is going to make the game hard has nails, and this is cool in a different way.

Anyway, I have not support for this theory.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Tei posted:

I have the weird feeling Bungie is going to ramp-up difficulty for Shadowkeep.
Players at the moment are powerhouse machines, good player can have a lot of fun... I have seen pub groups absolutely annihilate some events in the menagerie.
I have this feeling that for september Bungie is going to make the game hard has nails, and this is cool in a different way.
Anyway, I have not support for this theory.
The vidoc kept saying stuff like "you won't be able to do all the things you used to be able to do" or something like that.

At the very least, since everyone will start at 750 Power on the 17th we won't be running around scaled 40 points above most of the content.

Also I think they're getting rid of levels altogether and it will just be Power, unless they change light back into level or something goofy. They said they were "still tuning" that.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Also it's been speculated that they might get rid of power level and it will just be about upgrading the Artifact every season. I wouldn't bet real money on that happening but I would be really glad if that was the case.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Roman posted:

Also it's been speculated that they might get rid of power level and it will just be about upgrading the Artifact every season. I wouldn't bet real money on that happening but I would be really glad if that was the case.

I don't think this idea has passed trough their mind yet, but is the direction they are moving to. They have this population of people that is going to try the game in september and getting they to buy the full version of the game. And on top of that shadowkeep. Is a lot of work to be done and done right at the first try, I don't think they have time to experiment much.
But what you suggest could be their initial solution, or 90% of the solution for their problems.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 23, 2019

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They can't get rid of power level because that would mean we couldn't complain about how player HUD tags still show character level

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Power Level is the dumbest part of the game because it's not like people don't hit it quickly anyway.

It's relevant for like three weeks of a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Depends on what they mean by pushing more rpg elements too. I think there will always be a level cap of some kind and some kind of gear score but greater customisation would be so and good.

I wouldn't care if they got rid or all subclasses and mods and your artifact was just a big rear end list of poo poo you can unlock and customise with varying trade offs.