Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Max posted:

He hosed it up.

loving hell Cliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
If Bella goes this week and Jess next week... Hooah boy. Even with Bella going this week, it's not a good look.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Teek posted:

If Bella goes this week and Jess next week... Hooah boy. Even with Bella going this week, it's not a good look.

And then Tommy and then Christie

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And like I can see that easily happening if Sam, Nick, or Nicole win HOH and don't want to take the shot at the 6. They'll take the easy Kat/Jess/Nicole/Cliff noms and the 6 will decide to boot Jess because they don't like her and haven't let her into any of their alliances.

Funny how it just happens that all the POC just didn't end up in the 6's alliances except for the one they immediately turned on. And the thing is, I'm pretty sure the 6 is almost entirely based on then all being horny for each other, but they really weren't horny for the POC.

Max posted:

Yeah the really indefensible part of this whole thing is letting Christie keep that power. Everything else I can understand, but that part of it makes it such a weak sauce move.

Seriously. I don't get how Cliff doesn't realize he just gave the 6 the power to corner next week's HOH the same way they just did him. Its just s very cowardly, self serving move. Which would be fine if you were getting something worthwhile. Which he isn't.

At least it sounded to me like Nicole and Sam were both encouraging Cliff to just break his word. But now even if one of them wins HOH next week they know they have to risk this exact same scenario happening but now they absolutely won't have the numbers to win a split vote.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 22, 2019

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I hope the 6 break their word to Cliff and send him out next. And then Julie can be mean to him.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I guess the next thing to wait for is for it to come down to final 6 and see how that group splinters. Is there no way Jack goes home?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mallratcal posted:

I hope the 6 break their word to Cliff and send him out next. And then Julie can be mean to him.

He hope she slaps him across the head with her card.

SalTheBard posted:

I guess the next thing to wait for is for it to come down to final 6 and see how that group splinters. Is there no way Jack goes home?

We could wait to see who Jackson fucks next. Courtesy of Hamsterwatch/Survivor Sucks:

Jackson delivered his "executive decision" to Holly in the hammock, telling her it's Day 32 (it's Day 33) and "there's 67 days til feeds are no longer a thing. I know it's a tough decision for you to make so I'm just trying to you help you out and make it for you." Holly didn't take it as well as Kat when he dumped her, but she wasn't very effective at getting him to elaborate or even discuss it. He said "I'll just pull the plug for you, it's not a big deal" and she said they could just be smarter about time and place for sexytime. He said there's cameras and microphones everywhere, and that he wasn't taking things personally. She said "well I am." Others in the yard wandered by here and there and Jackson talked with them like everything was fine and normal. They were talking about what great shape Jackson was in at move-in, and things derailed further. Holly peeked into his shirt and said "I miss the old Michie." He said "**** off!" and got up and went up to Camp Have-not.

Holly followed him, and he said he was over today and he was going to bed. She said she hoped he's in a better mood tomorrow, and he said "I don't sit there and crack jokes, especially if you have or had not had any sort of issues or whatever in your past." She said she'd been kidding, and he said "I mean people talk about you having eating disorders.. I don't wanna (nice try) talk about it, I'm going to bed, good night." She left, then returned again with a slop cookie for him, and he said "if you had an eating disorder for five years I wouldn't talk poo poo to you either." She said she doesn't like to joke about things like that, and had said something insensitive but she'd been joking. He said it wasn't the first time she'd said something like that but it was "the (nice try) last." He said she'd hit a nerve and he wouldn't talk about it anymore, and he told her not to "run her mouth" to anyone else about it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So Jackson just doesn't want to bang Holly because of cameras or is it because of the crabs going around the house? Or is he trying to move back to Kat or Sis?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holly doesn't want to bang Jackson because of the cameras (she didn't want to gently caress him because of the crab/rashes but he pressured her into it anyway). And she's annoyed that Jackson told her the camera turn away from it but Kat just told her the truth of it. Jackson's just dumping her so he can be "the man" and say he's the one who ended it. And he obviously doesn't have any respect for women beyond something he can stick his dick into. And she just tried to negotiate for the same reasons she was with the douche and banging him in rooms filled with awake people in the first place.

And yeah, he's clearly into Kat again.

Ana is still kinda "with" Jack and that's Jackson's only real love so he wouldn't go there. And Ana's probably going to get back to being all over Nick. Not that I think she wants him, she just likes the attention and he spent a couple of weeks ignoring her so now she's all worked up.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 22, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He may be an rear end in a top hat, but he's not wrong.

https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/stat...381294434160645

Well, I don't know about the Jack thing.

edit: Also...

https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/stat...397218352586757

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 22, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Come on ladies, girl power that poo poo up and send the guys home. This week at least...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They'll sure show him by.....doing whatever he wants!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't like Bella but it would be funny if she was like 'Hey, Jess, remember when you said you'd never vote out a woman over a man?"

The plan Bella has actually spoken to Nick is going to Jackson and Holly and trying to sell them that they need to get Jackson out while they can and they can blame their votes on Kat and Jess and then Jackson is king of the house. It at least targets th eright snake and plays to his ego, even if there's no way I see it working.

Truthfully I think Bella's mostly checked out of the game now. I don't think she'll admit it publicly but the blindside SHOULD have told her that Nicole was telling the truth last week and she completely hosed up her game. She's been pretty at peace with going home since then. She knows she killed her game.

Also, the more I think about the more I can totally see Jack winning the game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Depending on the veto comps at the end of the game, I can see Jack going on a comp run, yeah.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, but its more that I had Jack pegged as a goat because he's such an rear end in a top hat. But the more I think about it I realize most of the people who really dislike him are dropping like flies. Christie, Tommy, Ana, and Jackson are all in love with him. Nick has a douche crush on him. Cliff's always had a weird blind spot for him, although this week draws it in question. Kat's always seemed to be better with him than Jackson. Sam doesn't really like him but he's the only person in the house as big as him so he doesn't get the direct bullying. Jess is Jess. So yeah... if Jack gets to the end of this game he'll have to have a pretty good resume and a bunch of people who love him in the jury unless he just burns them all on the journey.

Which he might. Because he is an rear end in a top hat.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 23, 2019

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I get the feeling when the group starts turning on each other his inner rear end in a top hat will not be constrained and he will burn people, but anything is still possible at this point. Except for him going home, that's not happening anymore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its definitely possible. Jack's constantly fuming about how much he hates the game because hates being nice to people. Its possible that will eventually totally break down, the people holding him in check will stop, or he'll just turn on everyone as their time comes.

But Tommy and Christie are playing really emotionally manipulative games and that does damage. Jackson's a bigger rear end in a top hat than Jack and has now "pumped and dumped" two women in the BB House/Jury. No one respects Kat, Holly, Jess, or Ana. So I could see Jack's naked assholery as almost a default "eh." Unless he's somehow sitting next to Nicole, Cliff, or Sam but that seems impossible and even then the 6 would control the jury vote. Right now the biggest jury threat to him might be Nick.

But yeah, long game, who knows?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah like, I think Jack's open assholery would do better against Jackson at the end, but I also don't think he's a good enough player to make it to the end strategically.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Me neither but I have my questions about who will ever actually take a shot at him once Sam, Nicole, and Cliff are gone.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Maybe double eviction if he doesn't win HoH or Veto, that seems like a chaotic enough time to make that move.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

But can you see Christie, Tommy, Jackson, Ana, or Kat taking the shot? I'm not sure I can.

Maybe they're playing smarter/less emotionally than I give them credit for but this week doesn't support that idea.

And I'm probably just kind of game depressed today and overly pessimistic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bella still really wants to make a play for Jackson/Holly's votes but Nick is advising against it. He probably correctly reasons that they'll agree to it and then just make fun of her with the others and make a fool of her. He also rationally argues that Nicole wouldn't give them her vote without being sure they had the 5. That's right, Nick and Bella's hopes basically rest on whether Nicole feels comfortable voting for them.

How weird was this week?
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1153461433092337664
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/stat...461619004850177

And Nick once again doesn't understand Big Brother.
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1153463480021708801

I think we see how the next POC gets voted out next week.

Also...
https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/status/1153420975716933636

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 23, 2019

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
One of the dumbest parts of Cliff’s move that I’m not seeing talked about enough is that he told multiple people in the house that it was too early to go back on his word. By saying that, he’s admitting he IS willing to back on his word later... which means his word is now worthless anyway!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a very silly "my plan going into the house" kind of decision. Sure, on paper Week 4 is way too early to be pulling a crazy betrayal and blindside and probably makes your game much harder. BUT YOU WERE EVICTED IN WEEK 3 BY THE SAME PEOPLE YOU'D BE BETRAYING AND BLINDSIDING! You have to adapt your game to what's happening and too many players just can't make themselves do that fast enough.

The reality is that in this house, in Cliff's position, he can't afford to trust the same people who just betrayed him to keep their word and even if they do protecting him for 2 weeks does him no good if his potential allies are picked off in that time. He should have made the move, dealt with the fallout, and gambled that the 6 people he was helping would win out over the 5 people he was betraying, or serve as shields. Someone else would betray someone and things would change again in time.

After all..

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Another very frustrating thing about all this is that even if they, by some miracle, rally 5 votes to evict Jack, Cliff probably is in too deep with this stupid plan to evict Jack on the tiebreaker. :(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, I don't think he ever actually promised a tiebreaker so I assume his personal code could allow him to do that if it came to it.

But it won't come to it. Jess and Kat will never stick their necks out to betray the 6, Nicole is playing on her heels and will wipe her "owed vote" slate clean, and you can't trust any votes from the 6. This is one of those "Does Sam have it in him to stand out being loyal to his friend and have a bunch of people turn him into a villain for it?" votes.

I personally think/hope Sam does. I always have a soft spot for people who do that. I think its why I liked AustinLuchasaurus so early. Even though I can't even remember the name of the buddy he stood by. Something with a J.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

It was also a pretty big part of how Dan won his first season. He was the lone vote to keep Brian in Week 1, and for the rest of the season other houseguests pointed to that as a sign of his integrity

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Holy poo poo I hate Jackson. I mean, I can't stand Jack but I really hate Jackson. This is the first night I haven't been interested in watching the feeds but I probably still will because I like to torture myself.

STAC Goat posted:

I personally think/hope Sam does. I always have a soft spot for people who do that. I think its why I liked AustinLuchasaurus so early. Even though I can't even remember the name of the buddy he stood by. Something with a J.

Jungle Boy :haw:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's drama spewing in the BB House. The gist of it seems to be that Nick had his never really followed through scheme of getting Cliff to make a false deal with the 6, he told Kat, Kat told Ana, Ana says he said Sam was part of it, and now Sam is upset because someone (Nick, Kat, or Ana) is throwing his name under the bus and tanking his game (in reality his game is already tanked). Nick denies he said it so Sam wants to ask Kat and if she denies then call a house meeting to get to the bottom of it.

https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1153479499301834752

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I turned on some feeds when I heard “House Meeting.”

Bella is SO at peace with going home that she’s making really excited plans to get Sam’s wife’s cell number from the DR, so they can become best friends, and she can babysit his kids. Bella, Nick, and Sam basically all feel like their game’s are over and are lamenting that 2 of them might get to go home while 1 of them is “stuck in jury with these people.”

Sam asked Kat if she said or heard his name and Kat says she didn’t and just thinks its a perception the house has of Sam working with Cliff and Nick. Sam still kinda wants to call a house meeting to “clear the air” and just make it clear he wasn’t scheming anything. Kat doesn’t really want a house meeting because she’s been real shady this week leaking info back and forth. Conversation turns to Jack and Christie talking about how well his house meeting went since everyone he was talking about went home (they were already evicted, you rear end in a top hat bullies!) and I lose all taste to be watching.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think I’m checked out for the week. I’ll come back for HoH to see if anyone interesting wins.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm tempted to keep tuning in because I just think Sam's determined to self sabotage with a house meeting because knows his game is completely hosed and is terrified of being first in jury instead of last pre-jury.

And like its possible he just stirs poo poo up with that depending on how much he wants to blow up his game.

Its like some kind of weird reverse "Vote me out" Dr. Will or Dan's Funeral vibe.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sam's holding a house meeting as soon as Jackson gets out of DR.

I don't think Sam really has anything that would cause issues but any house meeting with Christie, Jackson, Jack, Nick, and Bella is probably open to chaos. And who knows what Jess thinks is happening?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 23, 2019

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think Kat is the only one that would sweat it since she’s so solidly in the middle but otherwise I dunno.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sam picking around waiting for Jackson to get out of DR for his House Meeting, asks Jack if he has any issues with him. Jack says he doesn’t have issues but he needs to rebuild trust. Sam’s like “what did I do to break trust?” Jack reveals that he knows Sam told Christie that she shouldn’t use her power and should send Jack home. Sam doesn’t really react to that and Jack rambles about how he was in a similar mess in W1 and Sam is a great guy and blah blah. Jack goes on and on and on and on and on about how Sam should play the game and learn from him and all the usual condescending Gr8ful bullshit.

Tommy and Ana are whining about Nick and the nerve for him to make this scheme to get one of them on the block to counter their scheme to get him and his girlfriend on the block. Its just so disgusting of him and impossible to understand.

I can’t listen to them. Its not worth the small chance that the crazies get crazy.

Have this…
https://twitter.com/TheBryPie/statu...497815919878144

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sam called his house meeting. Sam told jokes. Nick cried. Christie made it about her. The Jacks pontificated. Kat quietly panicked. They all patted themselves on the back about how this is the nicest and most friendly season ever. Nothing happened.

Except this.

And Jackson is totally sneaking food. And doing it very badly.

https://twitter.com/BBFeedsFairy/st...501257409138688

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 23, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Put his rear end on the block BB.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

Put his rear end on the block BB.

Yeah it'd be a pretty cool twist if they actually followed their own production rules.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I'd love for BB to put his rear end back on the block on eviction night...if only to get the feedsters of their back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Yeah I'm sure production is rushing to punish one of their golden boys.