Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I think the joke is older and deeper than I previously imagined...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You think we'll ever forget Wiggles dear?

And an update thing for transition stuff. I can cry about things and have emotions! That's cool and good. I've also got an updated prescription, so now it's twice a day for the estrogen. And my alcohol tolerance has dropped down, which is also good.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Also concentrating flavors - vacuum seal watermelon slices to double down on intensity and texture.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Manuel Calavera posted:

I can cry about things and have emotions!
And my alcohol tolerance has dropped down, which is also good.

When I had children, both of these things happened to me. Does that mean I am no longer cis scum?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Why would you want your tolerance lower living in o loving hio?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I went out for a $115/4 course dinner and got saran wrap in my main.

Other that that, it was pretty good.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Why would you want your tolerance lower living in o loving hio?

I like it here tyvm :colbert:. But it used to take me like, two shots of 151 to feel tipsy and I'd be fine an hour later. Compared to now, about two shots of 80 proof moonshine, drank those about 8pm the other night. And I was still really feeling it come 11 when I called it a night for gaming. Passed out at midnight and was still feeling it then.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Scientastic posted:

When I had children, both of these things happened to me. Does that mean I am no longer cis scum?

Fun fact, having kids causes men's t levels to drop and e levels to rise.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Fun fact, having kids causes men's t levels to drop and e levels to rise.

Is there a way to return to my manlier self? Should I punch some sort of large wild animal? If so, what kind?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Nazis?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Oh we've also found what that guy should use his fancy blender for.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

We have quite a few of those in London at the moment, that’s not a bad idea

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

punch nazis erryday

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

My god, it's full of :jeb:!
Never not punch nazis

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

biggfoo posted:

Never not punch nazis

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Punch Nazis, and people who put carrot in Sunday gravy.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Halloween Jack posted:

Punch Nazis, and people who put carrot in Sunday gravy.

What the gently caress?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Made a great tomato sauce. The butter, garlic and onion I started with was almost too good to add meatballs and tomatoes too.

Then I oversalted the linguini :qq:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Azuth0667 posted:

I made black beans in a pressure cooker and they were practically flavorless.

I used this recipe from serious eats. I'm sure a pressure cooker isn't the best way to get good beans but, is there something I could have done in following that recipe that hosed it up?

E: It was an electric pressure cooker.

Any time you make a thing in the pressure cooker, the flavours will bland out really easily. It’s why when we do daal tarka, you add the spices after pulling the cooked lentils/beans from the cooker. All you needed to do is fry some spices in hot fat, and then dump that atop the cooked beans.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

dino. posted:

fry some spices in hot fat, and then dump that atop the cooked beans.

hi dino

also, this is the key to flavorful beans

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

skooma512 posted:

Made a great tomato sauce. The butter, garlic and onion I started with was almost too good to add meatballs and tomatoes too.

The first time I made gravy, the plastic salt grind broke in my hand and dumped a handful of salt crystals in my caramelized tomatoes. I whisked most of it out, but it was still too salty.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

skooma512 posted:

HOW? I dump vast quantities of salt into my pasta water, and I’ve literally never oversalted it. Are you hypersensitive to salt, or did you try to make pasta in a supersaturated solution?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

HOW? I dump vast quantities of salt into my pasta water, and I’ve literally never oversalted it. Are you hypersensitive to salt, or did you try to make pasta in a supersaturated solution?

Maybe they added too much salt after cooking

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Halloween Jack posted:

I whisked most of it out, but it was still too salty.
Use a spoon or your hand silly.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Scientastic posted:

Smh if you don't cook pasta by dunking it in molten salt

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Scientastic posted:

Maybe he made fresh pasta and used too much salt in the dough?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Maybe he salted it while finishing it in the pan? Maybe he likes to retain some pasta water to mix with the sauce and olive oil and there was too much salt in that? The possibilities.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

A whole world of pasta seasoning has been opened up to me

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Why are you assuming it’s a he? I did initially then corrected my post. :smug:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

pour in too much salt

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Scientastic posted:

I was wondering about that. I use like a pound of salt in the water.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I had my first real super proud moment that made me feel like a cook after four and a half years. I bought some prickly pears/nopales/tuna for $1/lb at my grocery store explicitly because they were cheap, and despite never seeing or tasting one before. Tonight I improvised after tasting a bit of one and made a reduction to go over pork chops. And it tasted amazing

Sometimes it's the little victories that make me the happiest :shobon:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Spaced God posted:

I had my first real super proud moment that made me feel like a cook after four and a half years. I bought some prickly pears/nopales/tuna for $1/lb at my grocery store explicitly because they were cheap, and despite never seeing or tasting one before. Tonight I improvised after tasting a bit of one and made a reduction to go over pork chops. And it tasted amazing

Sometimes it's the little victories that make me the happiest :shobon:

In all seriousness, one of my favorite parts of cooking as a hobby is trying to make something delicious with whatever I can find for cheap.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Coasterphreak posted:

In all seriousness, one of my favorite parts of cooking as a hobby is trying to make something delicious with whatever I can find for cheap.

Same, this and whatever is blowing up in the garden at a given time. Some weeks it's like "ok I have 8 lbs of zucchini and green beans, what do" and others it's "I have a ton of cherry tomatoes and peas" etc.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

That Works posted:

Same, this and whatever is blowing up in the garden at a given time. Some weeks it's like "ok I have 8 lbs of zucchini and green beans, what do" and others it's "I have a ton of cherry tomatoes and peas" etc.

I’m assuming this is hyperbolic, but I had a great green bean and zucchini meze that was lightly pickled with a bunch of fresh dill & other herbs

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Enough zucchini to bury a house is no joking matter :colbert:

I haven't grown a zucchini or summer squash in ages cuz everyone else is trying desperately to get rid of crates of it every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Scientastic posted:

Dumped a random quantity of kosher salt in the water while it was coming up to boil and then the noodles tasted salty even though I rinsed them off.

I've never had it happen before either.