Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

mabels big day posted:

quick question: if i have multiple profiles on my switch, can I tie different NNIDs/Nintendo Accounts to those profiles? Or is it just one NNID/account per switch?

You can, that's how you have accounts for different regions if you want to use different eshops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Funktor posted:

Can anyone say anything about games for a 3 year old on the switch? I'm wondering in general but also specifically licensed property stuff (Barbie, Paw Patrol, etc). What's worth considering? Wii / Wii U recommendations will also work.

All my 3 year old wants to do is play Kirby with me. Sometimes she's too scared to run under spinning blades and she's not great at getting Kirby a power on her own, but she likes throwing hearts and making friends.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
Civ VI expansions to be released this year:

https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1153731845843931136

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Agrias120 posted:

After spending more time with it, I feel confident in saying MUA3 is not a good game.

That's unfortunate. My 6 year old was really looking forward to it. Maybe we'll rent it or something instead.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What’s the Dark Souls of musou games?

Getting your money's worth from Koei.

Because you'll fail over and over.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 23, 2019

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What’s the Dark Souls of musou games?

Berserk Musou (in terms of aesthetic)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thinking about it, I definitely enjoy Musou more than Diablo style games.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I had been wondering about that, the cross save stuff is kinda getting obsoleted without those expansions.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Thinking about it, I definitely enjoy Musou more than Diablo style games.

It's not even a contest.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Beastie posted:

Is there something I am missing about this game? I played it for a few in-game days and kept getting the shittiest loot that nobody was buying. Is that just how it goes? I tried all kinds of stuff.

Quick and dirty:

Try to sell everything at first and watch how people react.

Sad: Price is too high
Happy: Price is good
Coin eyes: A great deal (for them)

Your log will automatically show you the reactions you've gotten for certain prices.

If you sell a gem for 100 and people think it's a great deal, sell the next for 200. If they get sad, relist it for 150.

The prices of things never change and the shoppers don't have real preferences or acceptable price points. It's all baked into the item.

So sell your twigs at first to get a feel for the system and then do the dungeons until you nearly die, teleport back and sell your best items the next day.

You can also flag a crafted item and the components will be flagged in your inventory. A good way to set important stuff away in your personal locker.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Solid, thanks. I just fell back into Stardew Valley so I'll keep those in mind.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

Agrias120 posted:

After spending more time with it, I feel confident in saying MUA3 is not a good game.

I'm feeling the same. I'm not even out of the initial jail area and I have to force myself to play the game. It feels like I've fought about 10 bosses already and I can't find a character I like playing as. The action is just a mess. I'm super disappointed.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

MUA is quite like Diablo.

Diablo without loot.

Diablo without loot sucks.

tensai posted:

I'm feeling the same. I'm not even out of the initial jail area and I have to force myself to play the game. It feels like I've fought about 10 bosses already and I can't find a character I like playing as. The action is just a mess. I'm super disappointed.

Also all of this. I liked Venom the most, but overall did not enjoy my time with the game.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Mister Facetious posted:

where did you get them and is there a guide

This is a pretty good guide from Nintendo Life. As for the sticks themselves, I ordered these for the job, although any brand is good enough? Check the comments to be sure.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

PneumonicBook posted:

That's unfortunate. My 6 year old was really looking forward to it. Maybe we'll rent it or something instead.

Your 6-year old will be fine with it. Remember all the lovely games you played, and still loved, when you were 6? lmao kids don't have the kinds of standards adults do.

For what it's worth I played some MUA over the weekend with a bud and it seemed fine to me? You like hack and slash gameplay with superheroes, you'll like this. Especially if you're 6 years old.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

tensai posted:

Yes, all of this. I also cannot fathom why they wouldn't give you access to all four abilities until level 20. The combat is so intensely boring and a slogfest with just light/heavy attack and one ability in the beginning. Especially when the gameplay boils down to "wear down these stagger meters, stagger enemy, deal damage for 2-3 seconds, repeat".

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
MUA3 gets much better once you start getting characters will full suites of cost-reduced abilities to play with and start to get to some of the later enemy groups and boss fights, but starting most of the cast below 20 with one or two powers and having no EXP leeching from the back seems like... a bit of a whiff there. EXP cubes help but it still feels bad to want to shuffle my team around but whatever foursome I’d been loitering on is now five levels ahead of the rest of the team and getting anyone else up to speed takes a limited resource.

I’m enjoying my time with it by I totally get why folks aren’t. I’ve been spending time in the Infinity Trials as I’ve worked through the story doing the challenge runs to mess with new faces and get ‘em up to speed, so maybe that’s helping my fun a bit.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Hooray

Just got through a second game of Civ 6 with the largest world map and max amount of other cpu players and it ran perfectly acceptably, but then my last frame of reference for the series is playing Civ 4 on an average laptop so maybe my standards are lower.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Never buy anime

drat, the BotW fire rises again

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

You can have multiple NNIDs tied to different profiles on one Switch, with one NNID per profile

thank you.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Are there any good reviews of Fire emblem yet?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Not until Thursday

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Digital Jesus posted:

Diablo without loot.

This is making me actually kinda interested. I hate loot based games.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Digital Jesus posted:

Diablo without loot.

Shame that Marvel Diablo game is dead, would have loved to play it on switch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

When I was 6 I played lovely games all the time cause they had characters I liked, you'll be fine

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1153816678670581764

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Terper posted:

Hey y'all, just thought you should know fire emblem: three houses has been dumped online and it's a spoiler breeding ground, well, take care

Stay safe on dem Fire Emblem streets friends.

I thought for sure I'd be done with DQB2 by the time Fire Emblem released but here we are. DQB2 is so drat good and I don't want it to end. I hope it does well enough that they keep making more.

Edit: MUA3 is more like a brawler than anything resembling Diablo.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 24, 2019

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

It kinda does have loot, sorry.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
MUA3 is a good game and all my friends loved it, and two of them picked up their own copies after our first play session. Yeah, the first little bit is a little sucky as you don’t have much characters or powers, but after about 2 hours of play we had a huge amount of characters and different power sets. The game really rewards setting up affinity combos to break stagger meters quickly and I find the boss fights are fun puzzles.

If you’re going in expecting super deep gameplay and Diablo level of power choices, I can easily see someone being upset. It’s a light, pretty fun game. Kids would probably love it, and it’s probably playable for them if you shove it on easy mode for them if they’re a bit young.

There’s definitely problems with camera for sure, it’s horrendous if doing any split screen multi, but overall I’d give the game a pass and recommend it for people wanting a fun superhero brawler.

At least it’s going to be better than that horrible rear end Avengers live service game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's got the most boring loot imaginable, gemstones that add 2% ice damage.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Awesome. Now I won’t have to feel like I need to baby mine.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if they’ll manage to actually solve the issue. What’s the problem? The sticks wearing down the contacts?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My joycons are great so far, though just today, I finally got the 8BITDO SN30 Pro. Therefore, I now expect my joycons to die almost immediately.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

hatty posted:

I wonder if they’ll manage to actually solve the issue. What’s the problem? The sticks wearing down the contacts?

They are cheaply made and of low quality, same as the pro controller which is inferior to other brands offerings in virtually every way.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Shammypants posted:

They are cheaply made and of low quality, same as the pro controller which is inferior to other brands offerings in virtually every way.

Show me them Brand X Joycons

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
also worth noting from the article

quote:

Additionally, if someone previously paid for Joy-Con repairs—most reports from people who’ve contacted Nintendo in the past peg the price at $40—they can be issued a refund.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd do it but fire emblem is out soon and I want my joycons

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Nice, gonna wait for the new switch to be out then ask for my new set so I know they're the latest.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Junkie Disease posted:

Show me them Brand X Joycons

I was referring to the pro controller there but If Microsoft or Sony made joycons theyd probably be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
certainly, neither microsoft or sony have ever had console hardware manufacturing issues