Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Stravag posted:

The neighbor could have gotten a baseball bat to break before his hand. Poor planning does not excuse him

Think of the splinters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Who said wooden? You get more speed on the swing with aluminum

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
aluminum also gets you a delightful sound effect

crack ping, motherfucker

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Godholio posted:

I actually laughed when I read that they fired warning shots at the loving Mainstay. I'd love to watch the playback of THAT whole fiasco.

Seems like its very much a thing where a general picks up a phone and says "You did WHAT to a WHAT?!"

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
So an mainstay is an awacski, correct? Is the fiasco not explainable without:nsamad: ?

I assume it’s due to the fact it’s a big asset that is not inherently an offensive threat?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah idgi im dumb army who doesnt know boats

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vasudus posted:

aluminum also gets you a delightful sound effect

crack ping, motherfucker

yeah but wood has that great crack sound.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
would you rather have the crack sound from a wooden bat

or the ping sound from an aluminum bat

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Wood gives you the momentum to keep the swing going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvvJYVL7Bpk

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I cork my bats

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

There is something to say about the sound of aluminum bats...

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Meanwhile, absolutely nothing is happening on the Korean peninsula, why would you ask?

https://twitter.com/JChengWSJ/status/1153802218874630146

https://twitter.com/JosephHDempsey/status/1153611763189014528

https://twitter.com/CovertShores/status/1153715910399713280

Someone in the afterlife keeps letting Clancy into the control room.

If they can actually get that sub into the open ocean for longer than a day or two I'd be astonished.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

If they can actually get that sub into the open ocean for longer than a day or two I'd be astonished.

It doesn't really need to go in the open ocean to be a threat, though. That's kind of the point of it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I think you were mistreated by the Cubs, Sammy. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Bit of an overshare, really

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

It does, but the *ping* of an aluminum bat off a skull is just :discourse:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Natty Ninefingers posted:

So an mainstay is an awacski, correct? Is the fiasco not explainable without:nsamad: ?

I assume it’s due to the fact it’s a big asset that is not inherently an offensive threat?

Yeah, their AWACS. My incredulity is more that the Russians/Chinese let them get close enough to fire their guns at the most valuable asset in the area.

Twice.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
UK still coming down off that Boris high

https://twitter.com/Sseltse/status/1153666600328925184?s=19

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Wasabi the J posted:

It sounds exactly like the home run bat from Smash Bros, holy poo poo.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

So the Lib Dems, or at least this one member/MP, is trying to legalize sex work in the UK? And the Tories are pissy about it?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

So the Lib Dems, or at least this one member/MP, is trying to legalize sex work in the UK? And the Tories are pissy about it?

Sex work is legal in the UK actually.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Sex work is legal in the UK actually.

Time to go make this student loan money.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Lmfao father of five, did no one at all get tired during this whole process?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Viva Miriya posted:

Lmfao father of five, did no one at all get tired during this whole process?

the customer is always right

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

cops walk away from getting doused with ice water and having bucket thrown at them

Of course the police chief says that the officers involved in not shooting everyone who was there will be disciplined.

CNN posted:

The officers in Harlem were responding to reports of a disorderly group when they saw someone they recognized with an outstanding warrant, Monahan told his fellow officers. As chief of department, Monahan supervises uniformed patrol commanders and is the NYPD's highest-ranked uniformed member.

"As they're making that arrest, there are a couple of guys who thought it was all right to throw water and a bucket at the cops," he said. "Well, that ain't all right."

The officers called for backup and the group scattered, Monahan said.

In the Brooklyn incident, the officers were walking away from a call when they were attacked with water, Monahan said. He then criticized the officer, who continued walking away after being doused.

"Any cop who thinks that that's all right, that they can walk away from something like that, maybe should reconsider whether or not this is the profession for them," he said to applause. "We don't take that."

A senior NYPD official told CNN the police involved in the videos "should have taken action and they'll be reprimanded for not doing so."

So wait, the cops didn't shoot a bunch of potentially unarmed men and will now be disciplined for showing restraint.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I, uh....

Theres a middle ground between shooting everyone and walking away.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I, uh....

In American policing sadly there's a lot fewer steps between the two than you would think. Not drawing down, and walking away was the smarter choice, because they were outnumbered 10 to 2. If they'd decided to make an issue of it I don't see an option that ends without someone getting shot, because odds are at least one of the persons who wasn't a cop was armed (either an instigator or a bystander) but wasn't openly showing it off.

American cops have shot unarmed men for far less.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 24, 2019

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I, uh....

So bust out the batons over some water? The cops walking away is the best outcome for everyone, in all honesty good for them for recognizing that (for once).

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Not the first time someone has been disciplined for not shooting someone, either.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/12/stephen-mader-west-virginia-police-officer-settles-lawsuit

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

pigs don't have sweat glands to help regulate their body temperature so they should be thankful for those caring citizens saving them from heat stroke

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Puerto RIco Governor might resign in a few hours.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Not the first time someone has been disciplined for not shooting someone, either.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/12/stephen-mader-west-virginia-police-officer-settles-lawsuit

swine all around

quote:

But amid Mader’s attempts to convince Williams to drop the weapon, two veteran officers arrived on the scene and, almost immediately, shot and killed Williams.

Mader, an Iraq and Afghanistan war veteran, received a termination letter 10 days later, which claimed that he failed to respond to the threat.
The city said in a statement that the decision to settle was a call made by its insurance provider, and that it stood by its decision to fire Mader.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

So where is the policemans union to defend the cop who had the good sense not to draw on civilians for throwing water on him?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

ElMaligno posted:

Puerto RIco Governor might resign in a few hours.

I guess being trapped on an island where a large percentage of the population hates you and are getting angrier about it by the minute can drive some sense into even the densest politician.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Defenestrategy posted:

So where is the policemans union to defend the cop who had the good sense not to draw on civilians for throwing water on him?

cop union is organized crime not organized labor

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So we just need to trap all our politicians on a tiny island with only Russian ultra nationalists and they'll learn something for once?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

hey guys

:ohno:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
seriously yall, take the copchat somewhere else; there's a thread for that

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1153984090712018950

Happy Tweet Storm everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So much about these clowns annoy me but it might be their persecution complex that enrages me the most.