Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Hav posted:

Didn't we say that this mentalist was offlimits due to his instability?

I don't remember tbh. If so, my bad.

I didn't link to him, but I probably should have edited his name out. It would make it more intriguing since the post is the funny bit, not the poster in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

rePool posted:

I don't remember tbh. If so, my bad.

I didn't link to him, but I probably should have edited his name out. It would make it more intriguing since the post is the funny bit, not the poster in this case.

*** Alert Alert Alert *** The secret coordination thread has been blown *** Alert Alert Alert ***

Assemble everything at rendevous fourteen and call back the assets from Brazil. Code Red, he's made us.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Daztek posted:

Judge ruled on the bond, crytek has to cough up $500k

https://docdro.id/QeUAw3h

When all this is done they can finally make Space Citizen

Hav posted:

CiG attempted to raise the bar extremely high, and the courts said 'No, you don't want to disqualify them from participating based on them suffering financial distress that you might be contributing to'.

It is kind of cute that the Ortwin-esque 'teetering on the edge of bankruptcy' stuff seems to have limited the bond.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pixelate posted:

It is kind of cute that the Ortwin-esque 'teetering on the edge of bankruptcy' stuff seems to have limited the bond.

This actually has a sound-effect. Grab a ruler and hold one end down on the desk, then press one end and simultaneously move it further onto the desk.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hav posted:

and call back the assets from Brazil.

Sorry, can't. They are getting shaved right now. Its the only way Sandi will accept them.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

*** Alert Alert Alert *** The secret coordination thread has been blown *** Alert Alert Alert ***

Assemble everything at rendevous fourteen and call back the assets from Brazil. Code Red, he's made us.

:lol:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How could they have discovered this secret thread? Fortunately the hidden one is still safe.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

How could they have discovered this secret thread? Fortunately the hidden one is still safe.

The thing is with redit is they are tiny gaggle of highly evolved idiots, so you could link it right here and they'd be so busy tripping up over each others clown shoes they'd still miss the loving point

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Ixnae on the threadae hiddenae.

Honestly it's like Dad's Army in here.

peter gabriel posted:

The thing is with redit is they are tiny gaggle of highly evolved idiots, so you could link it right here and they'd be so busy tripping up over each others clown shoes they'd still miss the loving point

I want to know why he doesn't :justpost:. We're welcoming and inclusive in our hate.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

It's like those pirates on the XVI century who would attack merchant ships looking for farming equipment for the secret VALUABLE farming spots only they knew about.

Arrr, is that... a thresher abaft? Bring that booty to the poop nest!

Shiver me timbers! A Roberts Space Industries Hoe!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

Ixnae on the threadae hiddenae.

Honestly it's like Dad's Army in here.

I want to know why he doesn't :justpost:. We're welcoming and inclusive in our hate.

goonfear

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

He's a technical genius. At least for a guy that cosplays.

(You don't need a server, you just need to spoof the hostheader)

We did, but then he managed to be the first person to openly fall for the :siren:TOP SECRET:siren: goon ops thread so I mean my hands are tied here.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Daztek posted:

Judge ruled on the bond, crytek has to cough up $500k

https://docdro.id/QeUAw3h

quote:

Such an amount will protect the significant amount of fees that Defendants have already incurred, but will likely not jeopardize Plaintiff’s ability to continue its participation in the action.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm back with some more tales of Star Citizen 3.6.0. Since my last post, where I played 3.6.0 after toxxing myself a year ago and wrote about my experiences, I felt like I couldn't really say I experienced 3.6.0 until I actually completed a mission. Last time, I was unable to finish a mission and ended up crashing and going to bed.

This past weekend I resolved myself to ACTUALLY experience the wondrous 3.6.0 gameplay loop. I was going to do it. I was going to finish a mission and get paid.

Last time, I failed horribly trying to do a fighting mission, so I resolved myself to carrying a box from one location to the other. Things were proving to be a little difficult, however. Numerous crashes and connection losses kept resetting my progress. But, I was undaunted. I was going to find this box and pick it up, all for a whopping 1190 aUEC. The allure of being space-rich was enticing.

This time I figured out some really handy features like scrolling my mouse wheel to control how fast I walk (really?) I've now finally found a movement speed between casual stroll and a sprint. I was feeling pretty good about that. Who knows what other awesome and convoluted gameplay mechanics I'll find that help me out in the future?

Anyways, I eventually made it to the planet in question and flew towards the vending machine I would pick up my box from. Landing was not difficult at all. I don't know why everybody keeps complaining about hover mode. Chalk it up to my elite goon gamer skills I guess, but I landed perfectly and entered the building, picking my box up from the vending machine. I went back to my ship and, not finding any special box area, tossed it on the ground. It clipped and bounced around for a second before jerking into place. Cool. I was worried I would lose my box for a second there.

This has already taken me an hour or so to reach this point, so I am excited at finally getting this done. I try to travel to the next planet over to drop off the package, but I can't quantum travel in the atmosphere. I fly straight up for it bit and try again. No dice. There is no HUD element that I can see that lets me know when I've left the atmosphere, so I keep trying a few times until it finally lets me fast travel. I lock on. I engage. I crash to desktop. I went to bed again.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
I wonder what would happen if Tom Neverwinter got his wish and Reddit admins did scan the votes for the Star Citizen forum and found that vote manipulation was happening but that the votes were upvotes coming from bots located in Santa Monica, Wimslow, Frankfurt, and Austin.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

rePool posted:

Can someone explain his logic? He must see _refunds on the graph. I'm sure the FBI is just around the corner.

Just loving lol at the idea anybody would shell out for AWS just to downvote every post on star citizen reddit

What would that even accomplish? Rating is relative!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

So if a game loop leads you into another game loop, it suddenly isn't a game loop anymore at all, its a sandbox now.

lol.

No dumbass that's what game loop means. You do one type of thing and then you do another and then you come back and do the first type of thing again but in a slightly different circumstance. This is how all games work.

But SC fanboys fundamentally believe in the virtual world. They believe if Chris pounds his keyboard enough times, a virtual matrix will pop into life and allow them to do anything. But that's not how games work, games have a few pre-built loops that you can do, and then funnel you between the loops and change the variables in order to maintain variety.

A mining loop sending you into a combat loop doesn't mean it wasn't a mining loop. But there are no loops in SC anyways because there's no gameplay at all.

Just kidding, there is one single loop: DELIVER BOX!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

Just loving lol at the idea anybody would shell out for AWS just to downvote every post on star citizen reddit

What would that even accomplish? Rating is relative!

You say that but then again you're not the guy who fell for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHCB6btCE_I

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

You say that but then again you're not the guy who fell for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHCB6btCE_I

What did the original video say? I'm missing some part of the joke I think

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hav posted:

He's a technical genius. At least for a guy that cosplays.

(You don't need a server, you just need to spoof the hostheader)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

What did the original video say? I'm missing some part of the joke I think

It's literally just me asking google how to buy upvotes on reddit.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Strangler 42 posted:

I wonder what would happen if Tom Neverwinter got his wish and Reddit admins did scan the votes for the Star Citizen forum and found that vote manipulation was happening but that the votes were upvotes downvotes* coming from bots located in Santa Monica, Wimslow, Frankfurt, and Austin.

*You know CIG would gently caress it up and do the complete opposite of what would help them.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hav posted:

Okay this dude is 100% a goon. There's no way that anyone actually stupid enough to think the premise of that thread is an actual conspiracy would still be capable of clicking a mouse often enough to make coherent internet posts. Also he referenced the platinum spoilers and that's a deep cut, we haven't done that bit in half a year or more.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What if instead of generic yellow boxes you could be a process server and deliver spacemen subpoenas?

CIG would spend two years working on high fidelity subpoena mechanics, which would include dynamically generated subpoenas based on a simulated legal system populated by thousands of subsumption AI lawyers and clerks, with real paperwork physics and mini game that could have you crumple it if your spaceman's hand excreted too much pressure. All while lore writers came up with an elaborate explanation for why spacemen still use paper.

Then they would release some striped down version of it where you just go up to a character and are prompted to press ESC to deliver the subpoena, but 9 times out of ten doing this will result in your spaceman falling through the ground and dying. CIG would then claim its still in tier-0 and then never work on it again, while the Citizenry hails at as an amazing advancement in video game tech which has never been done before.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I thought the Star Citizen gameplay loop was Chris Roberts waving his hands and blubbering poo poo out of his mouth, then idiots opening their wallets and giving him their money, then Chris wasting that money through his inept management, then Chris "absolving" himself of that?

That Sandi's favorite part of Star Citizen for sure.

Are you guys telling me that the box in the box delivery mission is full of sand, there by making this a sandbox game?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

ScreenRant: Is Star Citizen Ever Going To Come Out?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

It's literally just me asking google how to buy upvotes on reddit.

Oh, I get it now :doh:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cacd.696437/gov.uscourts.cacd.696437.81.0.pdf

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/cgxpd7/crytek_gmbh_v_cig_motion_for_bond_granted_500000/

CIG Wins? :munch:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

They found the rake.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Star Citizen: Stupidly Impressive

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Star Citizen: Impressively Stupid

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Dementropy posted:

Cymelion_Head_Cannon.txt

First, on behalf of all Antipodeans, I'd like to apologize for this fuckwit. Secondly, is there any source at all for his soft reboot apologetic revisionism?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Star Citizen: a non-functional exercise in insanity

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

When and how did this most transparent of all projects announce this "soft reboot?"

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
i got a new ultrawide and want to play nerd simulator for a bit with foip and hotas and gameglass and all that poo poo. what're my options so i dont have to install this mess and give croberts a few key bumps. Elite:D?

ty goons

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

queef anxiety posted:

i got a new ultrawide and want to play nerd simulator for a bit with foip and hotas and gameglass and all that poo poo. what're my options so i dont have to install this mess and give croberts a few key bumps. Elite:D?

ty goons

It depends upon what you're after, but yeah. Elite Dangerous, Freespace with mods, X3 or EVE Online will give you whatever you want from SC but not pretend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

beware reddit of our premium features such as paying :10bux: once instead of an insane subscription service that gold stars you like a loving kindergartener.