Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Did you know you can drive the car into the water and jump out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Did you know you can drive the car into the water and jump out?

It was a weird situation, in a shotguns+vehicles custom game, where we were going to drop on a compound and three other squads were there and two more just to the south, so we veered off northwards onto three UAZs - actually driving into the water to ditch one of them would have been tremendously more dangerous than rolling it downhill since it would have taken an extra ~20 seconds to go down and back up all just to potentially deprive someone of a vehicle.

It'd be better if vehicles didn't continue to roll, or rolled every time you hopped out without stopping the vehicle.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm having a situation where the game basically takes 45-60 seconds to start trying to load the lobby in between rounds, I've moved the install directory, I've uninstalled/reinstalled and done some other poo poo to try and get it to stop, but nothing's taken. Anyone have any idea what is causing this?
https://clips.twitch.tv/SpoopyModernStrawberryOpieOP

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm having a situation where the game basically takes 45-60 seconds to start trying to load the lobby in between rounds, I've moved the install directory, I've uninstalled/reinstalled and done some other poo poo to try and get it to stop, but nothing's taken. Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Shouldn’t you be fetching a beer between rounds anyway?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

Shouldn’t you be fetching a beer between rounds anyway?

He’d be blackout drunk in an hour.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Ether Frenzy posted:

Defrag hard drive (if applicable)
Use a registry cleaner
Update Graphics Drivers
Check firewall settings (PUBG menu has a weird web-browser-type thing going)

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

drat

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

VulgarandStupid posted:

yeah, but I have friends to play with so they get antsy if we take 45 seconds getting back into a round. I know you don't have this issue

Willfrey posted:

Defrag hard drive (if applicable)
Use a registry cleaner
Update Graphics Drivers
Check firewall settings (PUBG menu has a weird web-browser-type thing going)

Have done 2 of the first 3 (SSD) but haven't done the firewall settings stuff yet, saw it on a suggested list of things to try from another person with a similar problem. It definitely feels like a failure to connect to whatever web server is handling the lobby.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Ether Frenzy posted:

I have this exact same issue. The time varies for me. Sometimes it really just hangs. Once it hits the "initializing" phase it snaps right to lobby like it used to. Very annoying and I seem to be the only one in my play group that suffers from it.

Trying to fix the game and reinstalling did not help the situation.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Got stuck playing some pub groups the past week as I search for a good discord group. Got team killed deliberately after like 5 minutes in in 2 of the 10 matches. Fantastic.

Although the reporting system seems to be working better because one of the guys got banned already. Fuckstick. I got quite a bit of satisfaction of knowing this dummy just lost 30 bucks because of his trolling.

vincentpricesboner fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 2, 2019

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Soarer posted:

I have this exact same issue. The time varies for me. Sometimes it really just hangs. Once it hits the "initializing" phase it snaps right to lobby like it used to. Very annoying and I seem to be the only one in my play group that suffers from it.

Trying to fix the game and reinstalling did not help the situation.

Yeah, exactly - the time it takes varies, almost seems tied to game length but isn't definitively related - but once it hits the loading/initializing stage it resolves it in seconds like usual and no one else in my group has the issue. It started maybe 2 weeks ago after never having this happen before.

I've verified the game cache a couple times before/after reinstalling, it did find a missing file the first time around/re-attained it but made no difference, I've rebooted my router, tried putting a specific inbound/outbound rule for the game into the Windows Firewall (I don't use any other anti-virus), updated the nvidia drivers, and did the large-ish Win 10 update (to add the capacity to use the Xbox App) in the interim, and none of those things has fixed it, and it's getting pretty annoying.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Check for a Nvidia or Xbox app that captures your video automatically is disabled. Sometimes those can lock up the cpu for games restarting pretty bad.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

zapplez posted:

Check for a Nvidia or Xbox app that captures your video automatically is disabled. Sometimes those can lock up the cpu for games restarting pretty bad.

Yeah, make sure the "game bar" is disabled in Windows. I believe the game bar completely hosed PUBG up in the past, and it may have reenabled itself.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I've tried (almost) everything on this list:
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-pubg-stuck-on-loading-screen/

I also did the suggestions on this page, including the user recommendations in the comments:
https://forums.pubg.com/topic/289974-freeze-on-loading-screen/

I uninstalled/reinstalled the game
Put it on a different drive
Updated system-wide drivers,
Checked nvidia video drivers/just did another update,
Created inbound & outbound rules on the firewall,
Flushed DNS cache etc.,
Deleted the C++ executables in the game's folder/then verified and re-downloaded them
Deleted/re-acquired everything here: C:\Users\{UserID}\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\ (this is the game's config files)
Disabled overclocking
Disabled Windows Defender
Disabled the firewall on Windows 10
Disabled the firewall on my Asus router
Disabled the Xbox game bar as per the last couple suggestions
Disabled the nvidia overlay/Experience (although I've been playing with that going and no problems forever)
Rebooted my router
Rebooted the cable modem
Updated the router's firmware
Changed the router's DNS to google's. I did all of these things in order one by one and checked it after each attempt, no changes. There's now been 1 or maybe 2 updates to PUBG itself since this started happening.

The only thing I can't get accomplished per that first link's suggestion is killing the BEServices process while the game is running - The only account on this computer is an administrator one, but I get an "Access is Denied" error when trying to kill it via the task manager (even when TM is run as admin), I've tried killing it via the command line (run as Administrator) with taskkill /im beservice.exe /f and that won't stop it either.

code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>taskkill /im TslGame.exe /f
SUCCESS: The process "TslGame.exe" with PID 17316 has been terminated.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>taskkill /im BEservice.exe /f
ERROR: The process "BEService.exe" with PID 17296 could not be terminated.
Reason: Access is denied.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic process where name='BEservice.exe' delete
Deleting instance \\DESKTOP-46NL1L7\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_Process.Handle="17296"
ERROR:
Description = Access denied

C:\WINDOWS\system32>
I deleted the entire BattleEye folder and re-downloaded that, I'm still not able to kill that process/am still getting the same delay after games issue (and am not even sure it has anything to do with this problem.) My friends seem to be able to kill the BEService process though. The delay also happens the same after watching a replay as it is after an actual game, and the length of the delay length seems to be directly proportionate to how long the round lasted in both circumstances.

I have zero other issues with this computer, or in fact with PUBG itself aside from this.

Argh!!!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Some other software could be installed that BattlEye is mistaking for something sketchy. If you have a spare drive lying around, install Win10 on it, install PUBG, and try to see if it still happens. Even just making a fresh install on a HDD would work, in case it's a hardware issue.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Lol.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GorgeousPowerfulAntelopeStinkyCheese

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

worth it

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Extremely worth it, if my gun hadn't been empty I would have tried maybe bailing out and trying to save BC but figured if the car missed, I was dead anyway. Like 30 seconds later a 3-wheel motorcycle crew comes blasting through, oblivious to what just happened but with all the dead bodies still visible.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
new patch notes are out, the most massive change:

quote:

Healing and Boost Item Improvements
Healing and boost items can now be used while moving.
You’ll be limited to walking speed only.
Press the use or run/jump keys to cancel healing/boosting.
Bandages will now be used continuously until the player fully heals to the maximum of 75% health, or runs out of bandages, without the need to manually use bandages multiple times.
Press the use or run/jump keys to cancel healing.
First Aid Kits can no longer heal additional damage you receive after the healing starts.
Previously, if damage was taken after the 2-second healing period had started, any additional damage received would be healed if the total healing amount was still 75% or less.

quote:

Since launch, millions of players have dropped into Erangel to take part in PUBG’s heart-pounding take on Battle Royale. It’s with that same passion that we dove into this visual update with the goal of bringing our most classic map in line with our more recent offerings, all without losing the magic that made it a fan favorite in the first place. To the players that helped us fine tune the island during our recent testing, we salute you. This island is your home, too. From standard complexes to major landmarks like Mylta Power, we’ve improved the graphical quality of Erangel's various areas and terrains across the board.

There are plenty of secrets to find and updated areas to explore once you drop in, but here’s a quick look at some areas with major updates compared to previous versions of the map:

We’ve updated existing terrain, signage, and buildings and have added a small number of buildings to some areas as well.
To better illustrate Erangel’s history, terrain elements have been added or revised.
Trenches, blast marks, camo nets, and abandoned tanks have been added across different areas of the map.

Added barriers along the shore in some locations.

Based on player feedback gathered during the testing period, we’ve made the following changes:
Grass density and color saturation have been reduced.
Overall brightness has been reduced.
(survivor pass poo poo nobody cares about snip)

quote:

Gameplay
"Equal opportunity looting."

For PUBG SEASON 4, we rebalanced many of the game’s weapons and vehicles. The patch includes balance adjustments to not only existing weapons and items, but also our first rebalance on vehicles. As always, we will be listening to feedback on the balancing, so please let us know how the all the changes feel together.

There are a whole lot of changes in this patch, so be sure to check out everything below! Because knowing is about fifty percent of the battle.

Weapon & Item Balance Update
Buffs
Increased base damage of Kar98k from 75 to 79.
Increased per pellet base damage of S12K from 22 to 24.
Increased per pellet base damage of Sawed-off from 20 to 22.
Increased per pellet base damage of S686, S1897 from 24 to 26.
Increased effective damage over distance for all SMGs.
Slightly increased damage multipliers for SMGs:
Torso 1.05 (previously 1.0), Limb 1.3 (previously 1.25).
Increased damage multipliers for Crossbow:
Torso 1.4 (previously 1.0), Limb 1.2 (previously 0.9).
ADS zoom for default crossbow sight increased by 3%.
Laser sight attachment dispersion multiplier for pistols was decreased from 0.5 to 0.3 (non-ads shooting with pistols will now be 70% more accurate when laser is attached).
Nerfs
Reduced base damage of M24 from 79 to 75.
Reduced base damage of Beryl M762 from 46 to 45.
Reduced base damage of AKM and Groza from 49 to 47.
Reduced base damage of M416, G36, QBZ, SCAR-L and AUG from 43 to 41.
Reduced maximum bullet travel distance of all shotguns from 1000 m to 150 m.
Changes
Duckbill attachment now distributes bullets vertically instead of horizontally.
Crossbow will now have a visible tracer following the trajectory of the bolt for easier aiming.
Added top rail to Uzi to allow Red Dot and Holographic Sights attachments.

Vehicle Balance Update
Buffs
Improved handling of RWD vehicles (Buggy, Mirado, Rony, Motorbike, Snowbike, Snowmobile, Scooter, Tukshai).
Regular and three-seater motorbikes stabilization improved.
Increased maximum speed of Scooter from 90 to 105 kph.
Greatly improved handling of Buggy and Increased Buggy’s wheels durability by 50%.
Increased max speed of Buggy from 92/115 to 100/125 kph (no boost/boost).
Increased HP of UAZ from 900 to 1200.
Increased HP of Tukshai from 500 to 1000 as well as increased max speed of Tukshai from 70 to 85.
Nerfs
Decreased HP of Mirado from 1000 to 900.
All motorbikes will now consume roughly 50% more fuel than before.
Decreased acceleration and boost multiplier rate for Dacia. Maximum speed will stay the same.
Dacia and Mirado vehicles speed will now be reduced by around 15% when driving on surfaces like sand, mud, grass, dirt.
When driving on rocky surface with any vehicle, friction will be decreased by 10% leading to more difficult control.
Introduced BRDM-2 specific vehicle damage modifiers per game mode.
Increased damage taken in Solo mode by 80%.
Increased damage taken in Duo mode by 40%.
Changes
Implemented new Buggy and Mirado sounds.
Visual effect while using boost has been removed and replaced with high RPM engine sounds.
Improved aiming while inside vehicles to be more steady.
Improved the FPP camera view inside most vehicles.
New Features
Added auto-acceleration to vehicles (identical to auto-run feature).
Auto-Acceleration can be activated with '=' key just like auto-run.
Added "locking" mechanism to BRDM-2.
Only teammates will be able to enter BRDM-2.
When all teammates exit the BRDM-2, it will unlock, allowing any player to enter.
Added Car Audio feature to play preset music while inside a car.
Only the driver can control this feature.
Car audio will stay turned on even after players exit the vehicle.
Turning the audio On/Off while inside a vehicle will play random music every time.
Use F5 key to play or stop the music, Use F6 to change music. The mouse wheel can be used to control music volume.
Music will stop playing automatically after a full song.
Music can be stopped by destroying or flooding the vehicle.

quote:

Visual Effects Improvements
Optimized and reworked the visuals of the Molotov Cocktail.
Optimized and improved weapon and vehicle shaders.
Optimized and improved Frag Grenade explosion effects.
Different effects will be used depending on the surface the Frag Grenade explodes upon.
Optimized and differentiated muzzle flash effects for each weapon.
Radio Message Marker Distance Adjustment
The maximum range of automatic marker placement using Radio Messages has been reduced from 500m to 300m.
Implemented Solution to Alleviate FPS Affecting Rate of Fire

In February, we announced our plans and begun testing a solution to help alleviate FPS Affecting RoF[https://www.pubg.com]. From the results of the testing period and after additional development work, we’re now adding the solution to the live server.
Weapon rate-of-fire is now less affected by FPS.
Improved rate-of-fire consistency at low FPS.
Erangel Blue Zone Balance Changes

We’re making changes to the Blue Zone on Erangel thanks to player feedback and changes in gameplay since the most recent Erangel rebalance. The experimental Blue Zone was trialed on the test server during the Erangel Visual Update, and based on player feedback we have applied a few more adjustments.
The size of the safe zone in early phases has been reduced.
Blue Zone waiting time in early and mid-game phases has been reduced.
Movement speed of the Blue Zone during some mid and late phases has been decreased.
Blue Zone waiting time for the final phase has been reduced.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

er, does that change make crossbows oneshot level 1 vests?
SMGs do even more limb damage, cool, aim for their thighs when using the Vector.
Kar/M24 damage swap is whatever
Nerfing the Groza and AUG is lol
Duckbill should probably just get removed from the game
Uzi snipes incoming
Love all the vehicle buffs, hate the nerfs
BRDM is, uh, pointless if it gets blown up by a single magazine from an AR in soloes
I don't understand what they wrote about the blue zone changes, but the circles have never been better than those ~12 hours where they changed them then rolled them back, so whatever.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
When will it be on live servers?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Vahakyla posted:

When will it be on live servers?

Next Tuesday night will be maint most likely. Probably ~8+ hours. So... Wednesday morning.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

quote:

Added Car Audio feature to play preset music while inside a car.
Only the driver can control this feature.
Car audio will stay turned on even after players exit the vehicle.
Turning the audio On/Off while inside a vehicle will play random music every time.
Use F5 key to play or stop the music, Use F6 to change music. The mouse wheel can be used to control music volume.

We GTA now boys

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

No Safe Word posted:

We GTA now boys

Apparently this has been a thing on the mobile game forever. I fully welcome that change. Also there are turntables you can pick up and play music on as well...

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The fall of the M24 from crate weapon, to non-crate weapon but better than the Kar98, to now straight up worse than the Kar98 sure is something.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 17, 2019

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Ice Fist posted:

The fall of the M24 from crate weapon, to non-crate weapon but better than the Kar98, to non straight up worse than the Kar98 sure is something.

Now now, it has an extra attachment slot that allows it a 7-bullet magazine therefore it is not strictly worse. I am very smart. :pwn:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Bullet drop is still relevant. It's just essentially entirely personal preference now... as it sort of always has has been...

k98 & m24's have always been about the headshots and still are. It's still going to be personal preference for bullet drop.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'd still rather have the bullet velocity of the M24.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I don't think it's a big deal. I just find it kind of an interesting journey. It's like they never really had a real plan for that gun, although that shouldn't really shock me I guess.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ice Fist posted:

I don't think it's a big deal. I just find it kind of an interesting journey. It's like they never really had a real plan for that gun, although that shouldn't really shock me I guess.

For sure, it's definitely an odd change that essentially affects such a small amount of hit boxes at weird ranges (mainly limbs on level 2 vests at 400m+ and the small upper chest hit box on level 3 vests at 0-150m).

I want them to take the AUG out of the crate and replace the M4 with it on just Miramar. I also want them to add a new crate gun, preferably a super OP SMG like a p90.

What I am *really* hoping for is "New Miramar" being in the works for Season 5 around holiday time.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 17, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

My dream for New Miramar is they take the boring stuff in the middle of Miramar and just swap it for the cool stuff around the edges - swap Military and Pecado, swap Ruins and Hacienda, swap those edge cities that no one knows the names of for San Martin and Los Leones, etc.

Also crate SMG and crate pistol would be cool, their implementation of the Deagle is shameful.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Just put a deagle in every crate

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hellsau posted:

My dream for New Miramar is they take the boring stuff in the middle of Miramar and just swap it for the cool stuff around the edges - swap Military and Pecado, swap Ruins and Hacienda, swap those edge cities that no one knows the names of for San Martin and Los Leones, etc.

Also crate SMG and crate pistol would be cool, their implementation of the Deagle is shameful.

Valle del Mar is the coolest loving town and it sucks that it's on the edge. Put a dirt bike in miramar, make them plentiful, and have people drop farther away. Also dynamic blue zones!

Pistols in general will always be worthless. They need to have a fast switch mechanic like CS:GO where it's almost instant to take out after you fire off a whole clip of an AR. They also need to have really great hipfire accuracy with a really nice crosshair design like CS:GO (for pistols only). These are the only things that will make any pistol good and/or useful.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Big patch and no one talking about it? Game dead?

I still play it but where did everyone go?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
servers are down until 3 am est, it's a 7 hour patch deployment

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yeah game will be broken in all new exciting ways in an hour or so.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Tenacious J posted:

Big patch and no one talking about it? Game dead?

I still play it but where did everyone go?

I'm not talking about it as much but still playing loads. Still love the game, still best BR clone.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
https://discord.gg/JtTbBJ3 This is the discord people play on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
I still put in tons of hours in this game. We've settled out with a 6 person play group that works out nice as people rotate in and out through the evening.