Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruminahui
Mar 3, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Zesty posted:

gently caress off with this.

Are you seriously not noticing how slow and deaf Mueller is acting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
It's 2019 why don't they use clip-on mics for this?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

lol at Rudy suggesting someone ELSE is now senile or going "what happened to him" and etc. His brainworms have brainworms.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Mueller isn’t senile he is just struggling to answer these ridiculously phrased questions. You can’t grandstand a for a minute straight and ask a rambling run-on question and expect a quick, concise answer. Seems like Collins at least was doing this intentionally to make Mueller look bad.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Chabot got the Trump haircut styling going on

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ruminahui posted:

I could give a gently caress what happens during the Republicans asking questions. They're there to discredit him. Talk fast. Don't let him respond. Talk about irrelevant points.

Mueller is perfectly cogent to good faith questions.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Slowpoke! posted:

Mueller isn’t senile he is just struggling to answer these ridiculously phrased questions. You can’t grandstand a for a minute straight and ask a rambling run-on question and expect a quick, concise answer. Seems like Collins at least was doing this intentionally to make Mueller look bad.

He's also fairly canny in the way he is asking for citations. There isn't a need for it, but it eats up time.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ya'll keep on hoping that a loving cop for life is going to come in and give you the information you want and every single loving time this rear end in a top hat continues to disappoint you

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Ruminahui posted:

He comes off as trying to be as slow and thorough as possible. The format doesn't help that look good at all, unfortunately.

Slowpoke! posted:

This too. Rep. Collins opening by saying that he was going to talk slowly and then blitzing Mueller was particularly egregious.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Slowpoke! posted:

Zesty posted:

I could give a gently caress what happens during the Republicans asking questions. They're there to discredit him. Talk fast. Don't let him respond. Talk about irrelevant points.

Mueller is perfectly cogent to good faith questions.

This is like the argument my wife and I have over whether our dog is actually good at catching treats, or if I just pitch him easy ones.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

mcmagic posted:

Well this is loving useless.

This is crossing the line into blatant ageism and ableism.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It's remarkable how concise he is with slower, better-phrased questions. He even just reminded the current questioning rep to mention the exact section citation in his comment to get it on the record.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
oh god it's gohmert time

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Slowpoke! posted:

His responses are slow. He's fumbling for words and stuttering. Every third word is an "um" or an "uh" as he tries to form a reply. You can hear his words get muddled by saliva in the back of his throat when he speaks. Even if he isn't senile, this is not a man in his mental prime by any measure.

Griffen
Aug 7, 2008
The more I watch the Mueller stream, the more I'm struck by how the Trump era is a demonstration of the breakdown of individual courage. Mueller wrote a report that, in essence, says "impeach him" in legalese code, because while he establishes that Trump committed obstruction of justice, he doesn't want to risk being in the center of the political firestorm of being the one to say "impeach him." Democratic leaders are equally unwilling to take the report and press on to impeachment hearings because "it might backfire" or "success isn't guaranteed given the Senate." So they turn to hearings like these, hoping to create a groundswell of support such that you have someone else make the choice for them, all the while clamping down on junior house members who call for impeachment (the few people in this mess who actually have courage). Republicans likewise are either unwilling to go against Trump and risk the GOP base's wrath and lose their cushy jobs, or are actively aiding the Trump administration out of a desire for wealth and power. Now in this hearing, Mueller is once again given the opportunity to stand up say the truth for the good of the republic, but instead he cowers behind "the report speaks for itself" or "that's not in my purview." Everyone is waiting for someone else to do something, and meanwhile the bad-faith actors continue to plunder and harm. It really is depressing.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

TGLT posted:

oh god it's gohmert time

strap the gently caress in

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
goons tune in to political theater, get annoyed at the quality of the performances

Ruminahui
Mar 3, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Dammerung posted:

He comes off as trying to be as slow and thorough as possible. The format doesn't help that look good at all, unfortunately.

This too. Rep. Collins opening by saying that he was going to talk slowly and then blitzing Mueller was particularly egregious.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/stat...23post496964834

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh good, Gohmert is asking questions. You know this will be good faith.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

gently caress me i forgot the dumbest congressman is on this committee. adding a ridiculous pamphlet to the record lmao

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1154021910033907714

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Herstory Begins Now posted:

strap the gently caress in

You weren't kidding!

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
This is beyond pointless. Both sides are just going to use it as an opportunity to try and get soundbytes for the nightly news/talk radio cycle.

If anything this is more harmful for Democrats specifically because Mueller is repeatedly deferring to a report that people generally didn't read.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah it's pretty obvious these guys are all performing for the dumbest man alive.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Dammerung posted:

You weren't kidding!

Gohmert is probably the dumbest of all Republican representatives.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

TGLT posted:

So dumbest overall.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Everyone seemed to like that he was a strict by-the-book person when he was appointed, now everyone's mad he's not breaking the rules in the way they want.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty
He's not senile. He's a pathetic coward, and the people he's defending are tearing apart his legacy. I think anyone would stumble with their wording while helping their "friends" destroy them on live television.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Wow, we got some eyebrow action out of Mueller. He might actually be getting pissed.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Nice that he will answer all these questions about Strzok but everything else refers to the report.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Gohmert doing that GETTING GRADUALLY LOUDER UNTIL THE END OF MY QUESTIONS AS I GET TO MY GOTCHA LIKE IN THE MOVIES thing. What a moron.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

TGLT posted:

Good lord, his point is literally angry and blithering. He is turning into a tomato.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Holy loving poo poo

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Ah hell yeah 12 angry democrats and a loving Hollywood movie plot hell yeah Gohmert.

VH4Ever posted:

So dumbest overall.

I mean, there's failed Republican candidates that might be dumber? 30% chance of that.

He's very stupid.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
LMAO nice meltdown

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Alright "I take your question" probably made this all worth it

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
what does "i take your question" mean?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

There Bias Two posted:

Mueller won't even speak up for the integrity of his report when a member of Congress stomps all over it in front of his face.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if they don't finish asking a question, he's not allowed to answer, correct? I mean, I'm sure it'd be galling to sit through that but I don't think he's allowed to just tell them off.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Calibanibal posted:

This is crossing the line into blatant ageism and ableism.

This guy was clearly not anywhere near up to the role history placed him in. That is just blatantly obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

“I take you question” is excellent code for “you fuckin crazy”.