Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Endorph posted:

We dunno yet. Could be you only get one A support, but that'd suck for post-timeskip stuff. Could be that you get the paired ending of the first A support you do. Could be some weird system where you choose the ending. Could be that it's determined by how many support points they gained after hitting A. There's lots of systems they could have gone with for this, and we dunno yet.

Given the talk about the tower you go to that like... confirms your relationship? Could be that's just a mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
I want to play this game

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Endorph posted:

there's non byleth f/f romance stuff that seems generally decent

also m/m stuff actually

this game doesn't seem that bad about this stuff at first blush minus some issues, it just seems like the angles its decent at it from come in a different direction than people expect. ofc we'll see when its actually out instead of from a disjointed text dump

I haven't read the actual supports for those two m/m S ranks, just the endings; but I think they were probably experimenting with non romantic S ranks and ended up with this extremely nagl situation due to hype/leaks about S ranks etc. Of course, it would still show their ignorance in not realizing it would happen when m/m only have one choice. But I think it is mostly that. Like, i dont think the controversy would exist if say, there had been 2 or 3 options.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want a big loving orgy.

I've only played Blazing Blade, a third of Path of Radiance, and bits and pieces of various other games, so I'm excited to give this a try. Leaning toward Golden Deer because they're giant loving dorks like me.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Endorph posted:

rhajat and niles were okay

they were very barebones and the lack of getting a kid was stupid but like, as characters they were fine. it wasn't the worst thing in the world or anything. and soleil was stupid but felt more like a victim of how tacked on kids were than anything, and i like her a lot as a character.

the soleil A to S support had really weird and messed up conversion therapy vibes

it was p bad

Lessail posted:

drat best not expect any kind of good story to ever come out of fe again because of fates

also any kind of good gameplay

i liked fate's gameplay

General Morden fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 24, 2019

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Got the game early. This is going to take up so much of my time I can already tell...

Bernadetta is best girl btw. Already pulling out the 2% crits.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

wereboat posted:

I want to play this game

This.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Endorph posted:

rhajat and niles were okay

they were very barebones and the lack of getting a kid was stupid but like, as characters they were fine. it wasn't the worst thing in the world or anything. and soleil was stupid but felt more like a victim of how tacked on kids were than anything, and i like her a lot as a character.

Rhajat having C+P of the supports in the translation was not fun, I really liked her A/S rank with F!Corrin in the Japanese

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
I found text of some of the S supports and some of the pairings that don't really mention romance in their ending text are much more obviously romantic in the S support itself, but some are still just subtext or fairly directly platonic. It doesn't sound like any of the S supports available to both Byleths change their contents based on your gender though.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Which is the most optimal run to get the most same sex couples in one play through

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Major localization change between dorothea and edelgard

Doreatha Japanese doesn't sing at all during their c support.....

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
That sounds like a good change though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The only romance I will promote between my students is the love of greatswords

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I'm glad that there's more characters who end up wanting to smooch people after Fates, more so because it was pretty clear that Camilla and Soleil were pretty into girls. And Selena was still Severa.

It's kind of weird that some of them don't want to smooch the PC in the context of it being a video game, but that's whatev.

Tae posted:

Major localization change between dorothea and edelgard

Doreatha Japanese doesn't sing at all during their c support.....

tree house doing good

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Honestly I'm bummed that the Amiibo' don't unlock their characters like they did in Fates.

I totally understand why. But still, kind of a bummer.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Japanese Bernetta is a weapon of mass destruction. I don't mind high pitch but....that's too high pitched.

Warning for those that want to keep youtube history clean

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2F4bszi-0IrGk%3Ft%3D23

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Famitsu Cover for Three Houses (ignore the reality that you're horribly maiming a third of them)

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Tae posted:

Famitsu Cover for Three Houses (ignore the reality that you're horribly maiming a third of them)

and you're killing the rest!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't wait to kill my friends.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Black Eagle House best House

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Honestly, being able to fight the people you went to high school with during a class reunion is a dream most people have.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Conot posted:

Black Eagle House best House

that's a weird way to spell Golden Deer

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Arrrthritis posted:

that's a weird way to spell Golden Deer

I look forward to enforcing imperial authority on the communists.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
One way or another, this game is going to destroy me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Korean version because apparently just wanted their own version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNM-bwBw8PM

Kosume Shezaki
Feb 23, 2006

Tae posted:

Having been an adjunct instructor I am comfortable with determining which students I would actively drown.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Help me, I'm dying over here waiting for this game

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I want to, play it

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Amppelix posted:

Help me, I'm dying over here waiting for this game

:same:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's hard for me to decide whether I want to do the path I'm most interested in first or save it for later. I know I most want to do Golden Deer and Black Eagle, but I get the feeling that Black Eagle will be the house of the two that's closer to the game's "main plot," as much as there is one. So do I do that first and save the other house for second, or vice versa? Will I enjoy it more if I do the darker, maybe more complex Black Eagle plot first or if I save that for after I do the apparently less interconnected Golden Deer path? This is hard.

I will likely agonize over this long enough that I won't even actually play the game for several days and yes I know that's dumb as hell.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Harrow posted:

It's hard for me to decide whether I want to do the path I'm most interested in first or save it for later. I know I most want to do Golden Deer and Black Eagle, but I get the feeling that Black Eagle will be the house of the two that's closer to the game's "main plot," as much as there is one. So do I do that first and save the other house for second, or vice versa? Will I enjoy it more if I do the darker, maybe more complex Black Eagle plot first or if I save that for after I do the apparently less interconnected Golden Deer path? This is hard.

I will likely agonize over this long enough that I won't even actually play the game for several days and yes I know that's dumb as hell.

I have basically the same issue, but I figure I'd probably do Black Eagles first because I'll probably do them twice or just go with whoever looks coolest once I boot up the game because I have no self control?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'll just go in completely blind and choose whoever I feel l like at the moment

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Axe Lord! I wanna find out Dmitris and Claudes deal respectively, but Axe Lord!!!

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
As someone who doesn't particularly care about the overarching plot of the game, has anyone dug up whether or not the three houses have unique missions in each path? (Like Fates)

Or is it just the same missions for each house, only with different playable characters and dialogue/interactions?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
they have completely different story routes so probably

edit: post-skip, anyway. During the school it may or may not be the same, you pick your house at the start so.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It definitely sounds like they're going to have a lot of unique missions but it's hard to tell from what has leaked.

Like for example the last mission of the first act is the same mission but changes a lot based on your house decision.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Gamerofthegame posted:

they have completely different story routes so probably

edit: post-skip, anyway. During the school it may or may not be the same, you pick your house at the start so.

Apparently the story starts changing even during the school phase. Also different paralogues.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The bastards could have given us infinite save files but no

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The Switch has infinite save slots. Just make a new profile and you get however many more slots the game has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

One profile per house is how I'll work with it.