Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

ya same here. i never got into stardew, minecraft, or the sims, but this game is just heaven to me. and it just keeps getting better as i upgrade my building tools and unlock cool new materials. minecart rails and glass rooms in particular have like exponentially increased my satisfaction

I played all of those and this is still better

I’m almost done with the desert island and it blows my mind how much time I’ve spent playing this so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i got my new fire emblem copy early (ty germany) ... playing hard casual ... its next level! it loving pwns!. at least compared to recent fire emblems anyway. the characters arent just stupid manga cliches and we will see how complex the maps get but there are obstacles and door keys etc so I'm optimistic

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this is just speculation but... it feels like they just wanted to GTFO lame hardware ever since the DS and make some real poo poo. and now they have. i wouldnt be surprised if they were working on this while churning out all the 3ds bs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hell yeah.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres like this massive school that you can walk around and talk to people in and do sidequests for on a persona style time schedule and somehow every single line is voice acted. weapon durabiliity is back but theres a blacksmith that repairs stuff too. im literally 1 battle after the prologue so i cant really give more deets than that.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

theres like this massive school that you can walk around and talk to people in and do sidequests for on a persona style time schedule and somehow every single line is voice acted. weapon durabiliity is back but theres a blacksmith that repairs stuff too. im literally 1 battle after the prologue so i cant really give more deets than that.

Jelly

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

dont be ... just be happy that someone chained the sex criminal responsible for the 3ds games up or turned him into a born again christian or something instead

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

honestly just glad to hear FE early impressions without having to dip into the darkest possible part of the web. cant wait to add another sickass game to the switch

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

honestly just glad to hear FE early impressions without having to dip into the darkest possible part of the web. cant wait to add another sickass game to the switch

i hope theres enough of the old style sht in there for the freaks to like it too since they prop the company up. theres support convos and stuff, dunno about marriages or weird future babies or any of that poo poo (theres a sauna but i havent unlocked it ... whatever). all the female characters have actual normal sized tits though so far

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that sounds cool. the school setting had me fearing the worst wrt the anime pedo freak stuff but it could be really good if done well. hype

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theyre all basically adults .. its like one of those old macedonian schools for raising military leaders and stuff type settings

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i mean they existed in history but i can only explain it in manga titles .. think like, historie, or cesare.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

glad that they took out the kissing simulation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

that sounds cool. the school setting had me fearing the worst wrt the anime pedo freak stuff but it could be really good if done well. hype

Iirc it's like the first first GBA FE where the prologue is you graduating from the military school and then it jumps forward a half decade after like 8 chapters where you're all on different sides of armed conflict.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
played some more ... its insane how much of a step up it is from the 3ds poo poo. buy with confidence

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
There’s still marriage but only for the mc and no kids. You can get gay married though (big win for all the homos out there). I’m starting to get forreal hyped

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Very nice of the random German retailer to break the street date mere hours after the game leaked online. Super lucky of you.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
unfortunately the main problem with fire emblem is that its a srpg game in the fire emblem series, and that hasn't changed. tragic. back to disgea for me

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
how's the switch port of dqb2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Milkman posted:

its fine. it only ever slows down when youre looking at like 40 torches on screen, you really dont need 60 for this game lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

extremebuff posted:

its fine. it only ever slows down when youre looking at like 40 torches on screen, you really dont need 60 for this game lol

ok i just remember reading the first one chugged bad. which may or may not be true but it's what i read

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Milkman posted:

ok i just remember reading the first one chugged bad. which may or may not be true but it's what i read

it was fine

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

Very nice of the random German retailer to break the street date mere hours after the game leaked online. Super lucky of you.

base.com if u want ti know.. usuallly the ship early but usually it arrives later, maybe worldwide. since its germnay. well not this time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if u wanna accuse me of piracy without exposing your own drat rear end just do it directly. ive hacked loads of consoles but my switch isnt hackable cos its a warranty repacement. not that i want to hack something that hasnt been out for 6+ years anywy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
really annoying when ppl cant just speak straight. no offense, although i am offended -___-

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You got trolled bro.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im annoyed about it anway man. whatever it doesnt mater. fml -___- where do u think those leaks come from anywya. its probably retailers like this

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just busting your balls mate. Looks like it worked. :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

if u wanna accuse me of piracy without exposing your own drat rear end just do it directly. ive hacked loads of consoles but my switch isnt hackable cos its a warranty repacement. not that i want to hack something that hasnt been out for 6+ years anywy

iirc you can still short circuit it and install some sweet homebrow by shoving forks into the joycon slots

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

Just busting your balls mate. Looks like it worked. :twisted:

sry for getting heated... its hot as hell today.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

iirc you can still short circuit it and install some sweet homebrow by shoving forks into the joycon slots

na i looked into it and my old one could but it died while sat in the dock so i got it replaced on warranty and the new ones cant do it anymore. i have a haxed 3ds though so its not like im a saint or anything

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
St. Cashcow of Ninten Do

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
incidentally i think you can brick a switch just by plugging a non official cable into it so even then, its probably risky. mine died in the dock but i was playing with it charging on an anker powerbank with a cable for a bit before it died

Reverend Stupid
Aug 7, 2003

The Milkman posted:

If you visit some of those crazy user made islands from the bulletin board, it chugs heavily. But there's not really gameplay there anyway, so it's not a huge loss.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

na i looked into it and my old one could but it died while sat in the dock so i got it replaced on warranty and the new ones cant do it anymore. i have a haxed 3ds though so its not like im a saint or anything

just jam some forks in there dude. please bro just jam a fork in your switch

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

just jam some forks in there dude. please bro just jam a fork in your switch

im worried enough just plugging it into the loving dock lol

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

played some more ... its insane how much of a step up it is from the 3ds poo poo. buy with confidence

I forgot it was getting released today since I have played over 50hrs of DQB2 since it came out. just ordered online so it'll be downloaded by the time I get off work :D

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
put a fork in it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zee5-T4EFqs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I just want AC Switch already.