Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It’s five plus an autosave slot right? That’s enough for all routes plus an after preparations save plus the autosave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
New Game+ gives decent stuff to not make starting over a complete drag.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It was nice that Fates had 9 save slots if you had all 3 games.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Tae posted:

New Game+ gives decent stuff to not make starting over a complete drag.

Do we know exactly what?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

It’s five plus an autosave slot right? That’s enough for all routes plus an after preparations save plus the autosave.

Fool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNeX_3BnP9I

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Andrast posted:

I'll just go in completely blind and choose whoever I feel l like at the moment

I mean that's definitely what smart people do but I'm not smart and looked at just enough leaks to totally destroy my ability to make a decision and so now I'm all caught up in ~which story do I do fiiiiiirrrrrrst~ stupidity

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Harrow posted:

I mean that's definitely what smart people do but I'm not smart and looked at just enough leaks to totally destroy my ability to make a decision and so now I'm all caught up in ~which story do I do fiiiiiirrrrrrst~ stupidity

I'll choose for you: blue team. Good luck.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Conot posted:

I look forward to enforcing imperial authority on the communists.
the empire are the communists. although not really.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Join me in ensuring that all are equal under the boot of our glorious new axe lord/empress.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Zane posted:

the empire are the communists. although not really.

I think the word you're looking for is "Bonapartism"

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
we got a bunch of real bootlickers in this thread

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The guillotine is Edelgard’s axe

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Harrow posted:

It's hard for me to decide whether I want to do the path I'm most interested in first or save it for later. I know I most want to do Golden Deer and Black Eagle, but I get the feeling that Black Eagle will be the house of the two that's closer to the game's "main plot," as much as there is one. So do I do that first and save the other house for second, or vice versa? Will I enjoy it more if I do the darker, maybe more complex Black Eagle plot first or if I save that for after I do the apparently less interconnected Golden Deer path? This is hard.

I will likely agonize over this long enough that I won't even actually play the game for several days and yes I know that's dumb as hell.

Based on the spoilers, I think the intended story path is Blue Lions > Black Eagles (standard route) > Golden Deer > Black Eagles (alt. route).
Black Eagle explains much more about the main conflict between the Empire and the other nations. But the Church route AKA Black Eagles (alt. route) has the most world-building, and answers questions about Sothis, Serios, and the true history of the Church.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How do Amazon pre-orders work for Switch games? I saw that this can be pre-ordered through Amazon, but I thought Nintendo games could only be pre-ordered through the E-shop. Can you use a code you get from Amazon to download the game to the Switch?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
They'll give you a code when it releases, some of the physical copies have already shipped.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

I'll choose for you: blue team. Good luck.

choose for me too please

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Brother Entropy posted:

choose for me too please

revelations

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Class growths got data mined. They're all fairly low overall though, mostly only adding between 20-60 points in total growths.

Growths overall have been toned down from Awakening and Fates. They're more in line with the GBA games though HP is a bit lower across the board

Also there is a mechanical difference between the Noble and Commoner classes, Noble adds 5% charm growth and Commoner adds nothing.

Zore fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 24, 2019

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gently caress u

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Brother Entropy posted:

choose for me too please

Brother Entropy posted:

after awakening i'd be perfectly fine if i never read a support revolving around food ever again

better pick the eagles

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also the datamine clarified that outside the Lords and Byleth the Master Classes we knew about are the only ones for most of the cast. So Horse Emblem it is I guess :sigh:

Don't train any female characters in Brawl or male characters in both Faith and Reason because none of their Master Classes support that because of the idiotic gender locks.

Zore fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 24, 2019

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Zore posted:

Also the datamine clarified that outside the Lords and Byleth the Master Classes we knew about are the only ones for most of the cast. So Horse Emblem it is I guess :sigh:

Don't train any female characters in Brawl or male characters in both Faith and Reason because none of their Master Classes support that because of the idiotic gender locks.

jesus christ

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

Such bull. I wanted Petra punching dudes.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Such bull. I wanted Petra punching dudes.

then have her punch dudes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I doubt the game will be so tightly balanced that it will require everyone to be in a master class

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My army of Ikes

Noooooooooooo

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

cheetah7071 posted:

I doubt the game will be so tightly balanced that it will require everyone to be in a master class

Most likely so at least on normal/hard, but it just doesn't mesh well with the whole build your army the way you want idea.

Also no dedicated sword using masterclass and armoured class just jumps on a horse.

Though to be fair, I imagine there will be DLC classes.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also apparently Lunatic difficulty is a day 1 patch.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
goddamnit, i heard that on shipping someone is related to you secretly again. can someone who knows tell me so I don't ship byleth with them accidentally?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Pastrymancy posted:

goddamnit, i heard that on shipping someone is related to you secretly again. can someone who knows tell me so I don't ship byleth with them accidentally?

:siren:Big actual spoiler:siren:

Its Edelgard

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zore posted:

:siren:Big actual spoiler:siren:

Its Edelgard

Wait, seriously? Please explain, this kind of greatly changes my shipping plans.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wait, seriously? Please explain, this kind of greatly changes my shipping plans.

Iirc there are connections between your family and hers but I don't believe they are blood related unless the supports reveal more

Edit: \/ I stand corrected

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 24, 2019

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Edelgard is Byleth's cousin

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
how does that even work out? Aren’t Edelgard and Byleth’s crests from Rhea and Nemesis, two mortal enemies from the opening cutscene?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

someone should make a spoiler thread imo

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Brother Entropy posted:

someone should make a spoiler thread imo

I'll do it tonight if no one else does

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

i haven't read anything about this edelgard business. what i have read is that sothis is a super incest romance through some incredibly convoluted metaphysics.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
This seems like a right time to bail from the thread since the post-embargo reviews talking about the war phase will be published tomorrow.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Zane posted:

i haven't read anything about this edelgard business. what i have read is that sothis is a super incest romance through some incredibly convoluted metaphysics.

So is Rhea, as I understand things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

choose for me too please

Yellow team for you.