Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Yellow team for you.

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I will happily assign a house to everybody who is still undecided upon request, like some kind of idiot forums Sorting Hat.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the empire will judge you all by the end of this weekend

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
No monarchs no masters Golden Deer 4 life

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My dark secret is that I haven't voted in the poll yet and won't until I've completed all the paths

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Kind of surprised to see Black Eagles winning so handily in the poll tbh

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Pastrymancy posted:

Bleagles is the basic bitch vote.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Are we just going to have to assume that every major female character who’s heavily pushed in marketing and thus becomes a big ship with the MC is secretly your cousin from now on?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Just pick the house you think has students who would do their best as a Legends of the Hidden Temple team.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Just pick the house you think has students who would do their best as a Legends of the Hidden Temple team.
I like this subtle Blue Lions propaganda.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

impossible, the silver monkey would ruin everyone

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ROFL Octopus posted:

Bleagles is the basic bitch vote.

They aren't the ones with a pretty boy blond lord :colbert:

Honestly they're probably most popular because they buck a lot of FE trends. You get a female lord, She's also an axe wielder, you're allied with the giant continent spanning empire instead of one of the peripheral break off underdog states, you get the traditional FE evil team colors as house colors and also Edelgard has been pushed heavily in the marketing

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

hopeandjoy posted:

Are we just going to have to assume that every major female character who’s heavily pushed in marketing and thus becomes a big ship with the MC is secretly your cousin from now on?

ive been reading spoilers and I have yet to see anything about this tbh

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pastrymancy posted:

What people write in forums don't represent the silent majority, in any topic.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Zore posted:

They aren't the ones with a pretty boy blond lord :colbert:

Honestly they're probably most popular because they buck a lot of FE trends. You get a female lord, She's also an axe wielder, you're allied with the giant continent spanning empire instead of one of the peripheral break off underdog states, you get the traditional FE evil team colors as house colors and also Edelgard has been pushed heavily in the marketing

it's true they pulled out the big guns for marketing

:3:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

Tbf I don't think the marketing has really been pushing the romances at all. The fact that S ranks only exist for 1 character kinda point to me that it's more a remnant from previous games than something that relevant to the stories they're trying to tell.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Black Eagles have definitely been the most marketed and advertised, both by Nintendo directly along with the official teaser articles put out by various publications/groups, so even without any other reason considered they'd be the most chosen by the silent majority. This isn't really something new.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Raserys posted:

Someone needs to point to a link because I've been diving deep and this is the first I've heard of it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I voted too early before I learned more about all three houses, and now an incorrect vote stands.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Lord Koth posted:

Black Eagles have definitely been the most marketed and advertised, both by Nintendo directly along with the official teaser articles put out by various publications/groups, so even without any other reason considered they'd be the most chosen by the silent majority. This isn't really something new.

have maga'ists ruined fe yet

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Magic house, powerful empress, best colors. :colbert: That she and Byleth can be gay is also cool and good.

Though if everyone's master class is mounted, does that give Blue Lions a big advantage cause their whole thing is mounted combat?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Eimi posted:

Magic house, powerful empress, best colors. :colbert: That she and Byleth can be gay is also cool and good.

Though if everyone's master class is mounted, does that give Blue Lions a big advantage cause their whole thing is mounted combat?

Not really. There are 3 non-mounted Master Classes

Swords/Reason: Mortal Savants
Reason/Faith (Female only): Gremory
Axe/Brawling (Male Only): War Master

And the only person who you might want to have a mounted Master Class but has negatives in both flying and riding aptitude is ironically in the Blue Lions lol.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Bleagles are tempting to me mainly because Empress Edgelady Edelgard seems amazing, but the Golden Deer definitely have a generally more interesting cast to me, so I'll probably go them.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
The blue angryman will kill all of you who pick wrong.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Claude has already planned for that, and will look AMAZING doing it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Why is the lion blue

Someone should go cheer it up

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hey im excited for this but know very little about it, which one is the waifu? Red Team girl seems p cool i guess

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You find to love others, you must first love yourself.

In the end, you are your own waifu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Hey im excited for this but know very little about it, which one is the waifu? Red Team girl seems p cool i guess
Gross

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Mega64 posted:

:wth:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
it's very trump-esque to treat the anime women as glorified sex objects

haha that's fire emblem!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Raserys posted:

i think they just vaguely share an ancestor

a distant one, so it's negligible.

Fox Mulner
Feb 25, 2001

No wonder this clown died, his lungs were filled with CANDY!

Bongo Bill posted:

I will happily assign a house to everybody who is still undecided upon request, like some kind of idiot forums Sorting Hat.

Me next

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Blue Lions for you.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
also actually, I have snooped into the spoiler mines for support'n'ending gay chat and I won't spill the beans on what's actually inside, but;

S-support happens at the end of the game. This also means they reference end game stuff sometimes so uhhh don't look. Everyone has the same support regardless of who Byleth is as far as I could tell, similar to Fates, so who knows if that's another Tree House special. sry endorph. This does mean only Dorothea and Lindhart actually have "gay" supports with their respective other partners. Some of the S-ranks are also completely platonic, it's less of a "let's get hitched winky face" and more of an oath thing, it seems, which usually leads to getting hitched. Alois is your uncle and Gilbert is happily married already, for instance, so they weren't gay options from the start, bizarrely. This is true for either Byleth. Rhea and Sothis aren't platonic, though, so you can smooch the pope at least I guess. Characters' A-supports also aren't outright implicit either, though, so I suspect there's some extra S-rank sort of scene for them in the end game, too, but that's complete conjecture.

Byleth isn't a mime protaganist, too, to squash that rumor. Their character trait is being somewhat terse and unemotive, though. Beep boop. Either gender has technically different personalities and lines like Awakening and Fates, though from what little I saw I couldn't really divine anything specific like fem-Morgan being a god drat menace to society.

Also in non-spoiler chat: I have a feeling Lysithea is going to be the broken crutch unit of the game. Her growths are high enough she could be picking up doubles and, more importantly, her character skill means she'll be getting to those end game classes twice as fast. She also has her two crests, which I assume both mechanically can happen like the others. She also has magic and neo-skill equally, so she's pretty interchangeable in being a DEATH WIZARD or takumi2. probably?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Mega64 posted:

Wouldn’t wish that on anyone, me included.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah i do remember girl Morgan being insane. That was pretty great tbh

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

Their character trait is being somewhat terse and unemotive, though. Beep boop. Either gender has technically different personalities and lines like Awakening and Fates, though from what little I saw I couldn't really divine anything specific like fem-Morgan being a god drat menace to society.

I will not see you insult fem-Morgan like this. She was an adorable god drat menace to society.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

I will not see you insult fem-Morgan like this. She was an adorable god drat menace to society.

She was also probably one of the gods doing the damning.

Still the best Fire Emblem character, and nothing I've seen from three houses has said that's changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Gamerofthegame posted:

Also in non-spoiler chat: I have a feeling Lysithea is going to be the broken crutch unit of the game. Her growths are high enough she could be picking up doubles and, more importantly, her character skill means she'll be getting to those end game classes twice as fast. She also has her two crests, which I assume both mechanically can happen like the others. She also has magic and neo-skill equally, so she's pretty interchangeable in being a DEATH WIZARD or takumi2. probably?
She also has gently caress all for durability, and this game has a lot more things that hit for more than 2 range than traditional FE, so keeping her out of danger will be harder. :v: