Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Disappointed there's no talk of an Allison Mack cameo. I wonder what she's been up to lately?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?s=19

They asked but there were branding issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oracle posted:

Now that's a quality joke.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oracle posted:

:discourse:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oracle posted:

:drat:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh sure, that joke gets all the emptyquotes, but when I made my "Secret World of Allie Mack" joke, I got nothin'.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Oh sure, that joke gets all the emptyquotes, but when I made my "Secret World of Allie Mack" joke, I got nothin'.

Sorry, not in the demo for that joke as I'm barely aware of what that is.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DAORNCSkGc

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I knew it was some kind of Disney kids show or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was beautiful.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
live action childrens television

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
How are you possibly unfamiliar with iconic national treasure Alex Mack like :saddowns:

The streams are crossing with films and TV but here's a Zemo first look (well, second look).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

How are you possibly unfamiliar with iconic national treasure Alex Mack like :saddowns:

The streams are crossing with films and TV but here's a Zemo first look (well, second look).

Time to permanently glue a purple ski mask to your face with Adhesive X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcrNsIaQkb4

Final The Boys trailer, does this look faithful

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Boys trailer makes it clear they're changing some stuff but it appears to be faithful to the terrible, terrible comics.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

zoux posted:

Time to permanently glue a purple ski mask to your face with Adhesive X

they better not cover up Daniel Bruhl's face goddamnit

my only actual request of the MCU is to put him and Chris Hemsworth in another movie together and that seems like it's never happening

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alaois posted:

they better not cover up Daniel Bruhl's face goddamnit

my only actual request of the MCU is to put him and Chris Hemsworth in another movie together and that seems like it's never happening

Ehh, I like both actors but Rush wasn't really that good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Ehh, I like both actors but Rush wasn't really that good.

what the gently caress

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

what the gently caress

It's mediocre at best (so probably in the upper half of films with Chris Hemsworth if we're being completely honest).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

It's mediocre at best (so probably in the upper half of films with Chris Hemsworth if we're being completely honest).

And people say I have hot takes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

And people say I have hot takes.

I had to Google to realize Daniel Bruhl had ever been in a film with Hemsworth before, but I'm willing to admit Rush is probably better than Thor 2 and the first two Avengers films. Haven't seen Ghostbusters or MiB: International.

I'm honestly surprised people remember Rush exists.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I had to Google to realize Daniel Bruhl had ever been in a film with Hemsworth before, but I'm willing to admit Rush is probably better than Thor 2 and the first two Avengers films. Haven't seen Ghostbusters or MiB: International.

I'm honestly surprised people remember Rush exists.

People remember it exists because its a really good movie with a particularly standout performance from Bruhl who nailed Niki Lauda's appearance and mannerisms to an impressive degree.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

People remember it exists because its a really good movie with a particularly standout performance from Bruhl who nailed Niki Lauda's appearance and mannerisms to an impressive degree.

All of that might be true except the first four words. This is the first time I've been reminded it existed since it came out. I'm American, so maybe it had a bigger impact on the parts of the world that give it poo poo about F1?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

All of that might be true except the first four words. This is the first time I've been reminded it existed since it came out. I'm American, so maybe it had a bigger impact on the parts of the world that give it poo poo about F1?

I showed it to two of my friends who had absolutely no interest in F1 and they both enjoyed it and got in to the stories of James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rush is a fantastic film. Skwirl you are out of you mind.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its just talladega nights

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bruhl's a really good actor so I'm glad he's getting a second shot and isn't just another great actor marvel has wasted on a one shot villain

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rush loving rules. You’re a goddamn maniac if you think it’s average.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Okay, so Pennyworth episode one is up, I have to say I'm loving the alternate sixties (with blimps and barrage balloons) vibe. Jason Flemyng's overcoat is also top-shelf.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I cannot get a single iota of interest in watching that.

But I was thinking, once Legion is done, that's it for Marvel TV right? Though I'm not sure about Runaways or Cloak and Dagger status.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

But I was thinking, once Legion is done, that's it for Marvel TV right? Though I'm not sure about Runaways or Cloak and Dagger status.

Runaways was picked up for a new season, plus there's a whole mess of new poo poo coming to Hulu including the return of Gabriel Luna as Ghost Rider

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And like 37 Disney + shows.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

twistedmentat posted:

Pennyworth has a serious Man from UNCLE/ I Spy feel.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Agents of Shield gets one more season after the current one

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't mean marvel tv shows, I mean specifically, the part of Marvel that just makes TV shows, Pearlmutters kingdom. All the Disney + shows are done by Feige and the MCU.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
the Watchmen panel at the TCAs was today and

oh

https://twitter.com/deggans/status/1154162530136272898?s=21

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I hate Damon Lindelof the way Rorschach hated cops.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/megsokay/status/1154160222031630336?s=19

This uhhhh... hmm

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
There is nothing that makes more sense than the Alt-Right coopting the Rorschach identity.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I mean, it's fair to question if Lindelof is the guy to tell that story, but he's not wrong.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

howe_sam posted:

I mean, it's fair to question if Lindelof is the guy to tell that story, but he's not wrong.

I'm questioning how he got from there to here

quote:

centers on world where police are hunted by white supremacists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

site posted:

I'm questioning how he got from there to here

He's playing off the superhero/cops tensions of the Keene act from the original books. Every single thing we see
in the Comic Con trailer feels like an inversion or a twist on things that seep from the events of Watchmen. White supremacists
put on Rorschach masks to kill the cops (something that seems to happen in the Regina King character's backstory),
now the cops go masked to protect their identities--it's further ripple effects of how the existence of superheroes affected
"the real world".