Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Spergin Morlock posted:

fat guy in a little coat

little fat man, chubby little loser

( had to just watch that again: https://vimeo.com/217758561 )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

Mogg talks surprisingly fondly of Bercow on the basis that Bercow actively tries to make the House more powerful and has the same fixation on arcane conventions and Hogwartsian minutia that Mogg does. I don't know if that's actually true of Bercow or not but certainly from listening to LBC Mogg thinks its true.

also meme magic is true purest virgin chad imaginable

there are a few nifty conventions which have been lost, for example before WW1 the government only had one or so days of parliamentary time, with the rest being private members bills or debates. pressure of the war eventually gave the government more and more time until now when you have the government dominating almost everything

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I still don't understand him well enough to know if is he actually going to hard Brexit or when October comes or if he is finally going to feel the reality of what he's done and waffle on it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Brexit will get an extension. Brexit is forever.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still don't understand him well enough to know if is he actually going to hard Brexit or when October comes or if he is finally going to feel the reality of what he's done and waffle on it.

Say it once, say it twice, take a chance and roll the dice, howl at the moon in the dead of night

This is Brexiting
This is Brexiting
BREXITING, BREXITING, BREXITING

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Glenn Quebec posted:

Extend it until after the next general election

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BoJo then falls through a door into Syrizatown and then sings enthusiastically about the austerity he finds there

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

He doesn't believe in anything, neither does anyone around him.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Jel Shaker posted:

there are a few nifty conventions which have been lost, for example before WW1 the government only had one or so days of parliamentary time, with the rest being private members bills or debates. pressure of the war eventually gave the government more and more time until now when you have the government dominating almost everything

do you know any books or sites that go specifically into best-bits-of-history vs postmodern parliament conduct? its very annoying to be a pleb that doesn't understand the dumb minutia or the nifty fun bits.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Hexyflexy posted:

He doesn't believe in anything, neither does anyone around him.
They can still fear what happens to their personal standing in a hard Brexit though right?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Glenn Quebec posted:

it's clearly just a new political football, like america with its debt limit. If brexit is ever finalized then no politicians can play with the football anymore

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

They can still fear what happens to their personal standing in a hard Brexit though right?

If they were smart, which they aren't, they would. None of those motherfuckers can see around the next corner.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

brexit means boris

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
borous

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
borstal jortsman

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Ayn Randi posted:

borstal jortsman

I'm still going with Brexit Bronson.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Samurai Sanders posted:

what personal standing, they'll still have money

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Vitamin P posted:

do you know any books or sites that go specifically into best-bits-of-history vs postmodern parliament conduct? its very annoying to be a pleb that doesn't understand the dumb minutia or the nifty fun bits.

Read "Wages of Destruction" - I put it off for years because I didn't think I'd understand it, it's brilliant.

e: And Akenfield by Ronald Blythe - it's about how people in the UK countryside felt before WWI, it's... weird as gently caress. Explains a lot about us.

Hexyflexy has issued a correction as of 00:56 on Jul 25, 2019

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

narrator voice: boris had not thought this through properly

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Samurai Sanders posted:

No? As matey said above, they'll have all the money, and when brexit explodes the country they can blame it on hateful foreigners and remoaners sabotaging Britain.

He's red meat for the gammons made flesh politically, and he's of the aristocracy personally. He'll be fine

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

BoJo has formed a cabinet of horrors. That Priti Patel is particularly heinous. The daughter of immigrants who fled Idi Amin and she loving hates immigrants. Pull up the ladder, Priti, just because your family got in doesn't mean anyone else should!

And it's loving staggering how you can be allowed back in government after being sacked for having shady secret meetings.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I am really here for a pro death penalty Home Secretary. Woo woo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
sayeeda warsi is a tory muslim member of the house of lords lol

https://twitter.com/SayeedaWarsi/status/1154088420895055873?s=20

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Jose posted:

I'd take this a lot more seriously if she wasn't herself a Tory

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jose posted:

Countdown until a Labour member reminding people of this is used in an accusation of antisemitism.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Obliterati posted:

yeah i know lol you can tell she's a tory because she hasn't quit

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They seem lovely

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Obliterati posted:

Yeah, but if she just quit the Tories her criticism of the party's handling of Islamophobia would carry less weight. As it is she's still a Tory and is terrible but is also making life hard for the Tories by refusing to shut up about anti Islamic bigotry in her party.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/MichaelLCrick/status/1154307056373051393

Burn it to the ground.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I am really really not looking forward to every Never Boris Tory getting a column in the Guardian

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

MikeCrotch posted:

I am really really not looking forward to every Never Boris Tory getting a column in the Guardian

'Boris the money beast unleashed'

Boris' spending commitments make a mockery of all the death and suffering the coalition worked so hard for since 2010.....

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

First time there hasn't been some hand wringing smear on Corbyn up top of the guardian website for years

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Call a GE, Boris. Crush the saboteurs, you know you want to.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Call a GE Boris. An elected PM, riding a patriotic tide to deliver Brexit and wrest control of Britain's future from German hands? You'd be just like Churchill.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

today's unnatural warmth can only be described as antisemitic

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm at home unemployed in the dark with my portable air con on. extremely glad i'm unemployed rn. i recommend buying a portable air con unit while you have a job for times like these

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1154331642921725957

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ahhh, the Lib Dems

ahhhhhhhhhhhh