Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't wait to find out that every time Adam ZETAS he's actually killing himself and is going to be put on trial for killing himself thousands of times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Parallax posted:

married characters beware, you might be the next tom king miniseries

The relationship in MM more than makes up for Batman not getting married.

edit: Tom and Mitch took away the big Eisners yesterday too.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 21, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tom King is doing Adam Strange. There is no goddamn justice in this world.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's kind of a lame announcement after all the X-Men stuff yesterday, but at least we already got that Question comic earlier last week.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait to see Adam Strange talk about his PTSD in nine panel pages over the course of 12 issues while horrible things happen all around him

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

Can't wait to see Adam Strange talk about his PTSD in nine panel pages over the course of 12 issues while horrible things happen all around him

These covers tell me all I need to know. One looks like the Adam Strange comic I've been wanting to read for years. The other looks like the Tom King version of Adam Strange that I don't want anything to do with.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1152941759602671617

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’ve been waiting for more Omega Men.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 21, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

These covers tell me all I need to know. One looks like the Adam Strange comic I've been wanting to read for years. The other looks like the Tom King version of Adam Strange that I don't want anything to do with.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1152941759602671617

I imagine the two artists are doing some duality of Adam Strange thing, so simply skip Gerads pages for a light breezy space adventure :)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just to throw people off the gerads book will be the lighter one and the shaner book will be ultra violent and depressing just drawn silver agey

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
We did a genocide, Itty

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's going to be like Jacob's Ladder where Adam thinks he is having adventures on Rann and Earth but he is really dying on a helicopter trip in Afghanistan.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’ve been waiting for more Omega Men.

Just read about the Iraq war and its aftermath. I am convinced Omega Men is about that.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

It’d be great if the bright happy one turns out to be the more realistic one in universe and the grim and edgy one is a silly teenage fantasy

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Honestly, a B or C lister like Strange seems more like King's speed in terms of how much he should be allowed to touch continuity without too much oversight and how edgy he's feeling. That said, it's probably also meant to keep on with the events in Omega Men that no one else has done too much with.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mr Hootington posted:

Just read about the Iraq war and its aftermath. I am convinced Omega Men is about that.

Without a doubt.

If this is anywhere near Omega Men or Mister Miracle, I’m all over it. His Batman seems to be getting back on track too. City of Bane is off to a good start.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

October solicits: https://www.newsarama.com/46214-dc-comics-october-2019-solicitations.html
Aside from the ton of previously announce new things,
Linewide DCeased variant covers,
Secrets of Sinister House one-shot anthology
JRjr drawing Batman for two issues
Creature of the Night #4 is finally out

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 22, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I forgot about the beginning issues of omega men. Lol it isnt great.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 22, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

October solicits: https://www.newsarama.com/46214-dc-comics-october-2019-solicitations.html

!!!!!

https://twitter.com/uzionmain/status/1153431595040280581?s=20

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Weird. Partial november solicits are up too: https://www.newsarama.com/46215-dc-comics-november-2019-solicitations.html
Apparently it's for advanced ordering of YOTV variant acetate see-through covers.

JRjr moves directly from Batman to Action Comics
Steve Orlando takes over Wonder Woman for six issues

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Are these Giants that are solicited the same as those that were previously available only in Wallmart? I'm sure I remember reading they were being re-launched to be made available everywhere going forward.

I hope this is the case, as I'm in the UK and have been importing the Wallmart comics so this will save me a ton of cash.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Pitwar posted:

Are these Giants that are solicited the same as those that were previously available only in Wallmart? I'm sure I remember reading they were being re-launched to be made available everywhere going forward.

I hope this is the case, as I'm in the UK and have been importing the Wallmart comics so this will save me a ton of cash.

You can buy the former Walmart exclusives as "Superman Up in the Sky", "Batman Universe", and "Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me". First issues of each are out now.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

frameset posted:

You can buy the former Walmart exclusives as "Superman Up in the Sky", "Batman Universe", and "Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me". First issues of each are out now.

Yeah I've got those, but I'm an idiot when it comes to Superman and Flash books so I have to have the first prints of new content no matter the cost.

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

A few other observations:

- Harley Quinn everywhere! I don't get the appeal of this character at all, and never have, even when BTAS introduced her in the 90s.

- Joker everywhere. I guess this is what sells these days.

- What's with the Prestige format books? For the longest time, DC published *nothing* in Prestige format, and now there are at least a half-dozen books this month alone in the format. They've also extended it with the oversized Prestige format used in Superman: Year 1 and Batman: Damned. I don't mind the oversized format, but do wonder if there's enough market for all these Prestige books.

- Batman 1989 Movie Adaptation in hardcover deluxe edition! They don't do these things anymore and I loved this when it came out. Not sure what it means when they refer to scans of original art (this is a good thing, I hope)? I liked the art in this thing and still have the 1989 standard and deluxe editions in an old longbox at my folks' house (I think!)

- Robin Bronze Age Omnibus...I'd really like to see more Bronze Age stuff collected as I've never had the chance to read much of it, but not sure I'm so keen on them pulling apart individual stories instead of doing the entire issue. I don't know if this is the best way to collect this stuff, so would be curious what others think of this approach. I have the Golden Age Omnibuses (Omnibii?) for Superman and Batman and have been pleased with those, and was hoping for more of that for Silver Age and Bronze Age Batman and 'Tec comics.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Which of y'all was crying out for more White Knight?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I get the impression from my local comic shops that it sold very well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thia place just aint the same withour someone White Knighting Jason Todd all the fuckin time.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Thia place just aint the same withour someone White Knighting Jason Todd all the fuckin time.

What happened to Dark_TitsAnime?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pedophile or something.

And when i say it isnt the same i mean that it's better.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

frameset posted:

What happened to Dark_TitsAnime?

iirc they were just a creep to women on some other forum where he stupidly used the same name so everyone just shunned him here

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

TwoPair posted:

iirc they were just a creep to women on some other forum where he stupidly used the same name so everyone just shunned him here

I just looked it up, that is some fine lesbophobia he had there. :captainpop:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
On DC stuff I think I am done with Detective Comics. I like Tomasi but his run just feels....there. Like I appreciate one and dones usually but I just don't feel like the stories are doing much. His recent one with the Joker was....okay? I mean it had some moments that were nice but it felt like it was missing something.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Madkal posted:

On DC stuff I think I am done with Detective Comics. I like Tomasi but his run just feels....there. Like I appreciate one and dones usually but I just don't feel like the stories are doing much. His recent one with the Joker was....okay? I mean it had some moments that were nice but it felt like it was missing something.

Was it missing two additional Jokers? If so have I got a story for you...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Was it missing two additional Jokers? If so have I got a story for you...

I want to post Zdarsky's joke about this, but it seems like it was deleted.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Madkal posted:

A direction? A hook?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Xelkelvos posted:

A direction? A hook?

Yep. Those are the words I was looking for.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've been feeling let down by Tomasi's Detective Comics especially compared to Tynion's run.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

I am so glad he is gone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am so glad he is gone.

I do miss trying to come up with new variations on mocking his name.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

he posted about lesbians needing to get hosed by men, and his response to getting outted was posting """""not"""""-loli so like

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am so glad he is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He was a gross poster for years. He made a claim that Jason Todd being crow-barred was the same manner of violation as a real woman getting raped.