Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Well now I know how Sheila felt!!!

sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

tarlibone posted:

That's all well and good, but do you have enough pickle forks for the party?

I believe that I actually do.

One of the neat parts of getting married after both of you have been established as adults for a long time is that you already own everything you need, so you can just register for all sorts of insane stuff you'd never buy for yourself but you really want.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Serration is excellent for eating sausages, since the toothed edge will bite into the casing where a smooth (if sharp) edge can often just sort of smush down the casing and produce a ragged, inconsistent cut.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This thread has the best derails, especially since you can read them all in-character.

Bust Rodd posted:

Why on Earth not?

The entire theme of S8 is going to be Fratricide

We did already have the hero/villain brothers finally confirmed earlier this season, it's totally foreshadowing. I mean hell, I bet it happens so often the Guild has bylaws for it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

i have one bigass chef's knife i kept sharp and used in my taco truck for everything. i still use it for everything. well, everything except bread. I've got bread knives for bread.
You had a taco truck? That is so cool!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m really excited for the potential of The Monarch and Doc are perhaps forced to work together and become closer while Hank and Dean are fighting. I’m hoping Hank uses his dopey friend to break into OSI and steal his Sphinx battle-suit back and just destroy the city and Dean has to reinfect the nannites to fight him.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m really excited for the potential of The Monarch and Doc are perhaps forced to work together and become closer while Hank and Dean are fighting. I’m hoping Hank uses his dopey friend to break into OSI and steal his Sphinx battle-suit back and just destroy the city and Dean has to reinfect the nannites to fight him.

That suit got destroyed when they faked Molotov's death a couple seasons ago

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LividLiquid posted:

You had a taco truck? That is so cool!

For about four years, yeah. I made food for some goons who gave me thumbs up.

Food trucks can make you a decent living, but it has to be your passion and takes a ton of work.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

uber_stoat posted:

"Finally someone who understands that serration is only good for bread."

This line has been stuck in my head for years, and pops up pretty much every time I slice bread. I completely lost my poo poo when they called back to it in S5, I had no idea that it stuck out for other people.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

pablo gbscobar posted:

This line has been stuck in my head for years, and pops up pretty much every time I slice bread. I completely lost my poo poo when they called back to it in S5, I had no idea that it stuck out for other people.

It's a good line. The one from that scene that always sticks out for me is the one about possibly not having enough pickle forks. It sets my mind wondering what kind of party would need more than zero pickle forks, and it just goes on from there.

It might partially be because I've done some wrenching in my day, and a pickle fork is a tool used to separate ball joints on car suspensions. I never considered that there was an actual fork meant just for pickles.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

pablo gbscobar posted:

This show has so many of those. I introduced my wife to it and months later I still hear "hope you brought your rubbers because a storm is coming" whenever it rains. That and "he wears a lot of purple for a white guy," as appropriate.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

My gf and I will keep repeating the word dab anytime it comes up.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

TK-42-1 posted:

My gf and I will keep repeating the word dab anytime it comes up.

That's funny, because I often have to beg my wife to "stop wailing on my junk!"

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Im such a dork with my friend because his name is Byron and we always reference lines from Dr. Oprehus alllooot.

GET ME MY BLUE WIND BREAKKKKERRRR

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
That makes me think that we need a Dr. Orpheus app. It lets you continuously play that dramatic music that frequently plays behind his lines as long as you press the button, and then it cadences when you let off of it. For Android and Apple.

How about it, superscience?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Shindragon posted:

Im such a dork with my friend because his name is Byron and we always reference lines from Dr. Oprehus alllooot.

GET ME MY BLUE WIND BREAKKKKERRRR

Does he ever warn you that he had TACO BELLLLLL for lunch?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

tarlibone posted:

That makes me think that we need a Dr. Orpheus app. It lets you continuously play that dramatic music that frequently plays behind his lines as long as you press the button, and then it cadences when you let off of it. For Android and Apple.

Maybe slip in a friendly warning about radon into it, while you're at it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

tarlibone posted:

How about it, superscience?

Also online coupons for Moxie.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

pablo gbscobar posted:

I think of it every time I cut bread (which I always do with a serrated knife).

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

Pope Guilty posted:

Also online coupons for Moxie.

There is a snack shop near me that carries some unusual sodas, including Moxie.

It is not good.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Moxie was disgusting as a kid, it tasted like motor oil, I think it's a palate change thing. I tried it again for some ungodly reason and all of a sudden, it's great.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Birch beer, however, rules.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Pope Guilty posted:

:hfive:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

Pope Guilty posted:

I need to try some. Can't remember if that shop sells it or not.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I thought I grew out of soda, but then they did all those throwbacks like a decade ago and suddenly pop was delicious again and I realized it was the switch to corn syrup that turned me off 'em.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

pablo gbscobar posted:

I can hear it with perfect crystalline clarity in my head. it's up there with "my name is mr. burns, I believe you have a letter for me" in my personal mental archive.

moxie and gin is good.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sash! posted:

All of my cutlery is Wusthof.

My parents got a Wusthof set. I'd just seen a certain episode when I came to visit. I opened the drawer and confuse everyone by exclaiming "PHANTOM LIMB! He was HERE! In my HOUSE!"

Sadly the fridge does not make it look like someone's been dumpster diving at Dean & Deluca, more the local organic co-op.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

LividLiquid posted:

I thought I grew out of soda, but then they did all those throwbacks like a decade ago and suddenly pop was delicious again and I realized it was the switch to corn syrup that turned me off 'em.

Yeah, I like Coke way more than Pepsi but while they were available I was constantly buying that throwback Pepsi with the real sugar. If you're in an area that has it, imported Mexican Coke is still made with sugar cane, but it's like $3 or more for a little glass bottle of the stuff. I will still pick one up for the novelty sometimes.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, I like Coke way more than Pepsi but while they were available I was constantly buying that throwback Pepsi with the real sugar. If you're in an area that has it, imported Mexican Coke is still made with sugar cane, but it's like $3 or more for a little glass bottle of the stuff. I will still pick one up for the novelty sometimes.

I, on the other hand, much prefer the current pops and when I tried the throwbacks with real sugar went "yeah, this is OK, I guess, but I prefer the current."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sorry your tongue was lied to about flavor

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If you stop drinking soda for about 2 weeks, then you can appreciate the taste a lot more.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"You abandoned me! You abandoned MY HATRED!"

Followed by the Ventures literally abandoning Hatred to the front lobby

Pope Guilty posted:

Serration is excellent for eating sausages, since the toothed edge will bite into the casing where a smooth (if sharp) edge can often just sort of smush down the casing and produce a ragged, inconsistent cut.

A very sharp knife is better for those, too; in my experience a serrated edge creates the ragged cut you've described, generally tearing at the casing, whereas an actually sharp knife will just create a nice clean cut

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 25, 2019

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The "throwback" formulas out there have much more changes than just the sweetener for what it's worth, and also different formulas with cane sugar in other countries than the formula with cane sugar they used to use in the US. Like the mainstream US Pepsi formula now contains more citrusy flavor than old Pepsi did, for instance.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

fishmech posted:

The "throwback" formulas out there have much more changes than just the sweetener for what it's worth, and also different formulas with cane sugar in other countries than the formula with cane sugar they used to use in the US. Like the mainstream US Pepsi formula now contains more citrusy flavor than old Pepsi did, for instance.

As I recall, the Throwback formula used *beet* sugar, which had a tendency to crystallize under certain conditions. That's why it said "Made with Real Sugar" on the side of the bottles/cans instead of "Made with Cane Sugar."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I liked how Coke tasted in the EU more than Mexican Coke. Something seemed different in Italy, but I don't know if that was my imagination or a byproduct of the bottler.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Mr. Nice! posted:

For about four years, yeah. I made food for some goons who gave me thumbs up.

Food trucks can make you a decent living, but it has to be your passion and takes a ton of work.

Can confirm, food was great!

Also, I too am a Wustof user now :v:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Sash! posted:

I liked how Coke tasted in the EU more than Mexican Coke. Something seemed different in Italy, but I don't know if that was my imagination or a byproduct of the bottler.

The flavor profiles for almost all international brands are different depending on where they’re sourced from. It can be the sweetener used, the preservatives, the local water, any number of things. Especially if it’s a fountain soda from concentrate.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I cut tomatoes with an obsidian blade

(It helps them heal more quickly)

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Rewatching the last season after getting deep into the Epstein case really fucks with your mind. Makes you wonder what Publick and Hammer know. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What do you mean?