Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Anyone who creates a "man-" phrase needs to take a good hard look in the mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Just the other day I was thinking "well, I may live in the city now, but I often find myself needing something more than my Mazda 2 for hauling things around" and I fondly remembered one of my old trucks. I remember my old Isuzu Hombre. 2wd, no a/c, 5 speed, and which I sold after putting a quarter million miles on driving down dirt roads, hauling firewood, taking the dog to the pond to hunt geese, loading up all my gear for a week in the Sierras, etc. It never let me down. It was a good truck.

But then I remembered that it made me look like a femme communist and decided welp I should just go get a Silverado 3500 (probably with duals) and a powered liftgate for when I go to Sam's Club so the other dads won't make fun of me.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Can you get a small trailer?

Nov 6, 2002

Wrar posted:

Can you get a small trailer?

A... small... trailer? In America we only buy 12' or larger and they have to be towed by at least an F150.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

KillHour posted:

In the hatch with my groceries.

You have the yellow one, then? I love my red one, but I'm super jealous.

Yeah, no problem with the respray so far, aside from whatever rear end in a top hat opened their door into mine.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Mr. Wiggles posted:

But then I remembered that it made me look like a femme communist and decided welp I should just go get a Silverado 3500 (probably with duals) and a powered liftgate for when I go to Sam's Club so the other dads won't make fun of me.

Actually an appliance white Ford Ranger is considered one of the most masculine vehicles around

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

JK Fresco posted:

Actually an appliance white Ford Ranger is considered one of the most masculine vehicles around

I, too, am a fan of unicorns.

Nov 6, 2002

Uhhhh...

quote:

Nissan’s Q1 operating profit plunged 99 percent, the company has announced it’ll cut 12,500 jobs globally instead of the aforementioned 10,000, and it’s also reducing production capacity by 10 percent while struggling to replace an aging car lineup.

“This is really a crisis,” said Koji Endo, an analyst at SBI Securities Co. “Management is chaotic, there is a lot of restructuring pressure, and the most important thing here is to downsize.”

Saddled by aging car models such as the Juke and Murano, Nissan sold 6% fewer cars in the latest quarter, a total of 1.23 million units.

Nissan is planning to refresh all core models, introduce 20-plus new products and focus on American retail sales over the next three years.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Mmm, layoff 12,500 people while embarking on big engineering projects? Sounds like a solid plan :thumbsup:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It is pretty traditional for Nissan to repeatedly gently caress the dog until their auto-industry management is removed and replaced by bankers, who actually run the company better.

It's a little unusual for them to fire two inept auto-industry management structures in a row, but something something the new economy.

Nov 6, 2002

Apparently turning your brand's image into a hot turd by building cheap cars to sell to rental agencies is not a long term strategy.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Everyone in this thread said I was crazy for predicting Nissan's demise in the next 5 years (or less!)...

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Anyone who creates a "man-" phrase needs to take a good hard look in the mirror.

manpenis

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

TheWevel posted:

Everyone in this thread said I was crazy for predicting Nissan's demise in the next 5 years (or less!)...

Well I havent been posting in the off topic thread for a long time but in other threads we don't have a very favorable view of Nissan's current situation. I actually don't think that they'll die or anything but they have to be bailed out or have radical changes or whatever.

Edit: I'm very confused about what thread I'm posting in. I'm stuck in a mini heatwave, I blame that.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 25, 2019

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

They will have to pry my cold dead hands off my Juke's steering wheel before I give it up.

I love it dearly and it's drat fun to drive. I have a 2016 Juke SL and it's a blast, and I LIKE the way it looks God dammit.

Nissan is OK in my book just for that thing alone. gently caress the Altima though. Nice car but as my wife and I call it, the "ME TOO" car because it's everywhere like a plague. Same with the Rogue. The Rogue Sport is actually pretty comfy but has no power to speak of, AWD though which is nice.

They can make a nice car/truck, if they want to. There's still Sentras I see on the road from the 90's in decent condition. I still see loving Pulsars out here in Queens, NY.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
If you think the Juke is a blast to drive then you’d probably jizz in your pants if you got to drive a CX-3 or C-HR or anything else in that size segment (except for an ASX, that’s somehow even more dull than the Juke)

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
The only good car that Nissan or Infiniti makes right now is the Leaf. They are Japan’s FCA, but without a Jeep to keep them afloat.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Mistayke posted:

They will have to pry my cold dead hands off my Juke's steering wheel before I give it up.

I love it dearly and it's drat fun to drive. I have a 2016 Juke SL and it's a blast, and I LIKE the way it looks God dammit.

Nissan is OK in my book just for that thing alone. gently caress the Altima though. Nice car but as my wife and I call it, the "ME TOO" car because it's everywhere like a plague. Same with the Rogue. The Rogue Sport is actually pretty comfy but has no power to speak of, AWD though which is nice.

They can make a nice car/truck, if they want to. There's still Sentras I see on the road from the 90's in decent condition. I still see loving Pulsars out here in Queens, NY.

You are a sick person and need help immediately.

Nissan sells nothing bar SUVs and Utes in Australia these days. The Pulsar is barely on a lifeline and was boring as poo poo compared to even a Corolla and everyone has forgotten about the Altima and Maxima since they haven't been updated in years.

Mitsubishi is doing the same thing in Australia, but also seem to be doing well with sales (out selling Ford).

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The only things Mitsubishi has going for it is the PHEV version of the Outlander (not a particularly good vehicle but the only thing available it it’s niche) and the Triton.

The normal Outlander, ASX and Eclipse CUV are all seriously outclassed.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
new eclipse shitbox has continued the decades long tradition of extremely bad rear wing/spoilers

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

drgitlin posted:

The only good car that Nissan or Infiniti makes right now is the Leaf. They are Japan’s FCA, but without a Jeep to keep them afloat.

new altima is pretty good but lol at releasing a sedan in the year of our lord two thousand and 19

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

dissss posted:

If you think the Juke is a blast to drive then you’d probably jizz in your pants if you got to drive a CX-3 or C-HR or anything else in that size segment (except for an ASX, that’s somehow even more dull than the Juke)

I don't think your choices would get me hard. I'm sorry, the Juke is fuckin' quick. AWD-Vectoring along with 2WD and full time AWD and a Turbo charger blow all of your choices away.

Mazda CX-3
Engine And Power
Engine 2.0 L 148 HP In-Line 4
Horsepower 148 hp
Torque 146 N·m

Toyota CH-R
Engine And Power
Engine 2.0 L 144 HP In-Line 4
Horsepower 144 hp
Torque 139 N·m

Nissan Juke
Engine And Power
Engine 1.6 L 188 HP In-Line 4
Horsepower 188-215 hp
Torque 177-210 N·m

Mistayke fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 26, 2019

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Good thing it has the AWD vectoring with all that torque

Sorry. I had to say it.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
My boss has a stick turbo Juke and it seems fine? Neither of those things are available on anything else in the segment.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Mistayke posted:

I don't think your choices would get me hard. I'm sorry, the Juke is fuckin' quick. AWD-Vectoring along with 2WD and full time AWD and a Turbo charger blow all of your choices away.

Mazda CX-3
Engine And Power
Engine 2.0 L 148 HP In-Line 4
Horsepower 148 hp
Torque 146 N·m

Toyota CH-R
Engine And Power
Engine 2.0 L 144 HP In-Line 4
Horsepower 144 hp
Torque 139 N·m

Nissan Juke
Engine And Power
Engine 1.6 L 188 HP In-Line 4
Horsepower 188-215 hp
Torque 177-210 N·m

i’ll be honest, it’s kind of nice seeing a juke enthusiast actually excited about a juke instead of it being the butt of every joke

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've been tempted to drive a manual Juke, there are a few for sale here and very reasonably priced, but I just can't get over how they look way too fugly for me.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Kinda hosed up to go 'lol Juke', especially one with a manual box. Is there something wrong with it on a mechanical level? Or is it strictly style?

I love seeing a Juke out and about and knowing that there is a possibility that the person driving it truly enjoys it is great. You know how many people are out there driving incredible pieces of mechanical wonder like AMGs or BMW Ms (or jesus even Ferraris and Lambos where I am) and do not give a poo poo besides what the badge says?

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I've been tempted to drive a manual Juke, there are a few for sale here and very reasonably priced, but I just can't get over how they look way too fugly for me.

That's the same thing people say about xBs.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
My parents had a 96 Altima when I learned to drive and I loved that car. Great stereo and it was like forest green. They swapped it for a silver stripper 2000 civic and I was pretty bummed.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I do have mad respect for the juke for being the alternative to the car with the dancing hamsters in the ads

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Some guy in my old ‘hood had a modded juke. Exhaust, blow off valve, rims, who knows what else. He clearly loved it which I respect. poo poo I modded a dodge neon back in the day

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

skipdogg posted:

Some guy in my old ‘hood had a modded juke. Exhaust, blow off valve, rims, who knows what else. He clearly loved it which I respect. poo poo I modded a dodge neon back in the day

Modded caliburs are still a pretty regular sight.

On the subject of little shitboxes

The baby bronco might have a removable hard top

Also, the diesel 3.0 straight six silverado is rated at 23 city/33 highway. It might ACTUALLY be the first diesel engine that will pay for the option cost in fuel savings.

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

You Am I posted:

The Pulsar is barely on a lifeline

Wait, they STILL make the Pulsar over there? It was discontinued here in North America back, I think 2000. It's why I mentioned it, 19 year old Pulsars are still a sight here and a testament to Nissan's ability to make a long lasting vehicle.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
It’s obviously not the same pulsar, it’s a different name plate for the Sylphy/Sentra

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

prom candy posted:

My parents had a 96 Altima when I learned to drive and I loved that car. Great stereo and it was like forest green. They swapped it for a silver stripper 2000 civic and I was pretty bummed.

My first car was a '94 Sentra. I loved that car. My first new car was an '03 Altima. That car served me well, had it for five years and 100k miles and I think it's still on the road somewhere. I went to the Chicago Auto Show in 2001 just to see the new 350Z concept. I convinced my mom to buy a Rogue when they came out since it was basically a lifted Altima.

I used to be a fanboy but there's so little they're putting out to be excited about.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

KakerMix posted:

Kinda hosed up to go 'lol Juke', especially one with a manual box. Is there something wrong with it on a mechanical level? Or is it strictly style?

It’s just fashion-obsessed AI goons. The Juke was fine when I test drove a stick one.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The Juke has soft lines and no angry eyes, so is doesn't project sufficient manliness for the car afficionado

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
Has anybody seen any real photos of the upcoming mk 8 golf R without bumper camo? I've seen leaked photos of the regular golf but I'm really curious what the R bumper will look like

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Lord Stimperor posted:

The Juke has soft lines and no angry eyes, so is doesn't project sufficient manliness for the car afficionado

'soft lines and no angry eyes, so is (sic) doesn't project sufficient manliness...'

The most beautiful cars in the world are all soft lines. The difference between a Juke and a beautiful car is purely that the designers of the Juke ain't poo poo.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

hifi posted:

I do have mad respect for the juke for being the alternative to the car with the dancing hamsters in the ads

How is KIA not still running that ad where the crazed baby (turbo) Hamster escapes the hospital to the sounds of Motörhead. :colbert:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

sunaurus posted:

Has anybody seen any real photos of the upcoming mk 8 golf R without bumper camo? I've seen leaked photos of the regular golf but I'm really curious what the R bumper will look like

Just found this about the regular Golf:

quote:

The big change, we expect, is going to be inside. The rather dreamy VW design chief Klaus Bischoff has told the press that it’ll be super digital inside, as CarAdvice.Au reports. “It’s a revolution. It’s really a total digital environment; the only analogue aspect is basically the steering wheel,” was the quote from Bischoff, back in January 2018.

:barf: