Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

queserasera posted:

My father's having non-invasive heart surgery in a few weeks. Found out about it today. Since then every FWP-type thought I've had ends with that. Accidentally have a package mailed to your old address? At least it's not heart surgery.

Being told not to worry just makes me worry more.

At least they’re not doing open heart!

What heart surgery is truly non-invasive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Cacafuego posted:

What heart surgery is truly non-invasive?

not getting a fuckin' valentine

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Apparently they're going in through one of the leg veins? I have no idea what heart surgery can be done that way, unless it's injecting something, and then it wouldn't be a surgery.

Yay playing twenty questions with family until I figure all this out.

And of course, it's just an overnight hospital stay, no need to come visit, etc.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
They finally finished putting my new door up, and the whole thing only took about six hours! Oh, and they have to come back later to patch some holes in the trim and whatever else, because they just tacked that poo poo on with a loving nail gun.

I ordered pizza earlier and when the delivery guy knocked I realized the new door doesn't even have a goddamn peephole, which may not seem like a big deal but I'd like to know if the person at my door is a delivery person, a neighbor, or a creepy stalker before I open it. And before you ask, yes, that last bit is a somewhat legitimate concern. :sigh:

E: Oh yeah, and the new doors have electronic locks with a 4-digit pin. There is no deadbolt or secondary locking mechanism. God help you if someone discovers your code, or worse yet, the master code for all the doors. Like one of my neighbors already did. I don't know how he did it, but he told at least one other person, who demonstrated on someone's door a few nights ago (with their consent) and honestly I'm kinda creeped out by the whole affair. Can't wait til this lease is up so I can loving get out of here.

Bees on Wheat has a new favorite as of 07:09 on Jul 16, 2019

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

queserasera posted:

Apparently they're going in through one of the leg veins? I have no idea what heart surgery can be done that way, unless it's injecting something, and then it wouldn't be a surgery.

Yay playing twenty questions with family until I figure all this out.

And of course, it's just an overnight hospital stay, no need to come visit, etc.

Cardiac catheterization. I used to treat the patients that had these procedures done. It’s really cool to watch. Recovery is usually quick, although when they pull the sheath from your groin, the nurse has to stand grabbing your groin really hard for 20 minutes, so that’ll be fun.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm a 32-year-old millennial and I still write in cursive :ohdear:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

queserasera posted:

Could be installing a stent. Not sure if that’s the same as catheterization, or if the cath is part of the stent procedure, or what.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've been smelling smokies barbecuing for hours but I'm on the clock and can't go get one.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I work in an air conditioned building, but it's so hot outside, I am sweating so much, I look like I just climbed out of the pool.

I think my balls have officially been declared protected wetlands by the EPA.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Could be installing a stent. Not sure if that’s the same as catheterization, or if the cath is part of the stent procedure, or what.

They can put stents in during a catheterization. It’s really cool to watch. My favorite were watching fem-pops where they go in the groin, stick a flexible catheter up your femoral artery and over where the abdominal aorta splits, back down your femoral artery in the other leg and use what they called the “roto-rooter”, which was a high speed rotating blade that blasted through arterial blockages in the artery in the knee (femoral-popliteal artery) area that was blocking blood flow to the feet.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I ran out of soymilk for my cereal mid-bowl so I had to eat most of my shredded wheat like a drat cow and slice my mouth on the crunchy bits.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I impulse bought Stardew Valley sheet music and even though it's digital, the orders are processed manually.

This is important to me even though I can barely read sheet music.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I have a whole bunch internet friends from a number of wildly different time zones, and still there is nobody online on anything right now and I'm loving bored

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Someone bought me a pack of Oreos but they didn't get the double stuffed kind.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There's a certain especially annoying task at my job that gets dumped on me because I'm the one who is used to doing it. I get an insincere "sorry" every time.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Jul 24, 2019

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

There's a certain especially annoying task at my job that gets dumped on me because I'm the one who is used to doing it. I get an insincere "sorry" every time.

I never, ever volunteer to do anything because that is what happens every time.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Two days in a row driving home I get stopped by a train that moves one direction very slowly, stops, slowly reverses, and repeats a few times.

And my dumb sunk cost fallacy-committing rear end is sitting here waiting rather than making a u-turn and taking a long way around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I desperately want to buy TaleSpire but I'd never have a use for it.

If I'm playing a TTRPG, it's always in person.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I got a sound bar and there’s a slight delay between the audio and the video so lip syncing is off

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

lord help me I am back on my bullshit

don't start a very plot-heavy video game you've been looking forward to when you're already neck-deep in whiskey

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

oldpainless posted:

I got a sound bar and there’s a slight delay between the audio and the video so lip syncing is off

My sound system runs through the Blu-Ray player.
Watching Netflix through the BR is extremely laggy but watching it through the TV app means I can't use the sound system.

Or maybe there's a way and I'm too dumb to figure it out.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I swatted a mosquito that was perching on a wall.

It had just eaten.

I had to clean the wall posthaste, lest my flat look like a crime scene.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mikl posted:

I swatted a mosquito that was perching on a wall.

It had just eaten.

I had to clean the wall posthaste, lest my flat look like a crime scene.

Hey that's your blood now. You earned it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My relief is an hour early because their car broke down and this is the only time they could get a ride for.

So I can't listen to music for the last hour of my shift and have to sit in awkward silence because I'm bad at conversation.

Also this is in fact the person who was supposed to relieve me those two days I was four hours late being relieved so that's probably not helping

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
It is 112-114F degrees outside.

My ac is pumping out air about 75*F.

My house is chilling at 87*F.

My friend doesn't understand this because he has three window ac units, lives in a double-wide and his house is always 77 degrees max. I have a two bedroom house that is over 30 years old and the fucker has vaulted ceilings in the living room, and the air ducts have been cleaned....never.

I should probably do that but what if the ducts are being held together by the dust alone?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cowslips Warren posted:

It is 112-114F degrees outside.

My ac is pumping out air about 75*F.

My house is chilling at 87*F.

My friend doesn't understand this because he has three window ac units, lives in a double-wide and his house is always 77 degrees max. I have a two bedroom house that is over 30 years old and the fucker has vaulted ceilings in the living room, and the air ducts have been cleaned....never.

I should probably do that but what if the ducts are being held together by the dust alone?

Have you at least changed your filters? Those need to be done much more frequently than you may think.

Do you have a large open floor plan or what?
A large house without central air is rough but if you have a little finesse (and blackout curtains) you can drop the temp but quite a lot.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Inzombiac posted:

My sound system runs through the Blu-Ray player.
Watching Netflix through the BR is extremely laggy but watching it through the TV app means I can't use the sound system.

Or maybe there's a way and I'm too dumb to figure it out.

Route the video through the sound system, it probably has a delay setting you can use to then sync the audio up with the video if your TV is slow processing the signal and is adding lag.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Have you at least changed your filters? Those need to be done much more frequently than you may think.

Do you have a large open floor plan or what?
A large house without central air is rough but if you have a little finesse (and blackout curtains) you can drop the temp but quite a lot.

Oh yeah we change them at least once every two weeks.

The other thing is we had our backyard tree trimmed back a poo poo ton so we lost all the shade from it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Route the video through the sound system, it probably has a delay setting you can use to then sync the audio up with the video if your TV is slow processing the signal and is adding lag.

Oh, I meant that navigation is laggy and it takes forever to load anything.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There’s some upcoming Total War: Warhammer 2 DLC. All the races in it have the same number of lords now, so I’m curious what they’ll add. They’ve only announced that more info is coming. I wanna know what they are noooow!

Got an upgrade for my old iPhone for my birthday. No more headphone jack so I gotta have a big awkward dongle hanging from it if I want to listen to watch videos and keep it charged at work.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

Dr Christmas posted:

Got an upgrade for my old iPhone for my birthday. No more headphone jack so I gotta have a big awkward dongle hanging from it if I want to listen to watch videos and keep it charged at work.

Airpods. I bought mine halfway intending to return them after a day, but they are now an indespensible part of my media consumption.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

e:wrong thread

oldpainless has a new favorite as of 10:15 on Jul 29, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Mzuri posted:

Airpods. I bought mine halfway intending to return them after a day, but they are now an indespensible part of my media consumption.

Those seem so loseable though :sigh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mzuri posted:

Does the iPhone support all Bluetooth headphones or are they being jackals and only allowing Airpods?

Get some Anker rechargable headphones. I have some and they last a whole work day.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Just what people need, another device with a battery to remember to charge.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's easy to remember because the carrying case charges them.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

But you have to charge he carrying case

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Do you guys not habitually plug all of your stuff in before you go to bed?

A related first world problem is the beach house I’m staying at only has double pronged outlets in my room so I can’t do stuff and charge my computer at the same time unless I’m in the common room.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Star Man posted:

Just what people need, another device with a battery to remember to charge.

I mean, it's micro USB so I'm drowning in charge cables and places to plug it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
My Pixel XL 2 will not hold on to anything I plug into it. I clean the poo poo out of the port all the time and it's just not enough. My $20 Sony headset is a perfectly fine pair of headphones. I'm not buying a $100 headset just because phone manufacturers don't want to include 3.5 mm ports anymore.