Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ben and Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Now I want ice cream. Curse this thread!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

NewMars posted:

Now I want ice cream. Curse this thread!

It is Miracle Treat Day today, in an extremely odd coincidence. Not sure if there are any Dairy Queen's near you, but if there are you can support children's hospitals and get ice cream at the same time.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

AweStriker posted:

It is Miracle Treat Day today, in an extremely odd coincidence. Not sure if there are any Dairy Queen's near you, but if there are you can support children's hospitals and get ice cream at the same time.

Alas, for me it is 1 in the morning.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Salt and Straw Snickerdoodle

Or Tillamook cookie dough

I am 100% a shill for PNW regional creameries.

Taberquol
Jun 16, 2012

Raspberry Rumble

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Fudge. Every Good Boy Deserves it, as Jimmy should have learned in Legato.

For those who aren't familiar with the mnemonic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EGBDF

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Traditional-style Moose Tracks. It was one of my favorites as a kid; saw a container at Target a month ago and got it only to realize it had a caramel base instead of vanilla, which was consistently kind of gross for the first couple of bites.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Leroy Dennui posted:

Traditional-style Moose Tracks. It was one of my favorites as a kid; saw a container at Target a month ago and got it only to realize it had a caramel base instead of vanilla, which was consistently kind of gross for the first couple of bites.

They had that in the cafeterias on campus when I went to college.

There's a reason why I was, let's say, not at my fighting weight when I left college.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
let's get one of my favourite flavours in general, salty licorice, up in here

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

Oh man, salmiakk is one of those acquired tastes. Oof

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

hey, just be glad I didn't suggest tar ice cream

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Salted caramel or anything with tiny peanut butter cups.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Dash Rendar posted:

Salted caramel or anything with tiny peanut butter cups.

Someone needs Moose Tracks!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

Oh god, I hate licorice in the first place so I can't even imagine it being salty too and my family is from Finland.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The colorful kind with chunks of bubble gum that are too brittle to actually be chewed as gum.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Seconding salted caramel and cookie dough.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Superman ice cream!

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

DiggityDoink posted:

Oh god, I hate licorice in the first place so I can't even imagine it being salty too and my family is from Finland.

This sounds more appealing to me than normal licorice, weirdly enough, but I don't like the flavor of star anise so it'll probably be a wash anyway.

ArchWizard posted:

Fudge. Every Good Boy Deserves it, as Jimmy should have learned in Legato.

For those who aren't familiar with the mnemonic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EGBDF

Unless his teacher was in the Elephants Got Big Dirty Feet camp, that is.

Pretty much all of my favorite flavors have already been suggested, so I will state squid ink ice cream, as I can 100% imagine Jimmy getting real excited about it staining your tongue black.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Empty Garbage Before Dad Flips

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

Grape sherbet and blueberry lavender ice cream.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Salted caramel

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012
I'll always be a basic b*tch and go with Chocolate Chip

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013
Even though I hate black licorice, tiger tail will always have a special place in my heart:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Jimmy strikes me as a Rocky Road type of kid.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Episode 24 is up!

Faantastic joins me after that harrowing drama of last episode. And man, he's the perfect guy for it.

This episode makes me want to take my niece to the beach. Except for the fact that she's terrible.

I have VERY strong feelings about the tonal shift with Lars occurring immediately. It kind of ruins the dramatic tension he created.

On the plus side, I'm very happy with the art direction and our new friend.

Also I guess the Simpsons references are nostalgic.

Last note: Japan really does eat whale meat still. They get in a lot of trouble internationally for it.

Commentary On

No Commentary

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

loving weeb

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Were you referring to this? :V

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

GrandmaParty posted:

Were you referring to this? :V

Ye :v:

Peak Goon.

Kad
Jun 2, 2019

(I'll add your guys ice creams in a couple hours)

Honestly I wish the Asian girlfriend line was left out bc it really ruins the moment.

But I guess it also reminds you it's a dream and weird poo poo happens in dreams..?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Annointed posted:

Ye :v:

Peak Goon.

Yeesh, take 10% off the top there, Squirrely Rivers.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

There's no real excuse for the tonal shift...

...but if you wanted to make up an excuse, the scene itself is meant to be discordant. It is designed to illustrate a complicated relationship. Lars and Jimmy's time brief beach scene is structured in such a way that you're supposed to feel some compassion/empathy for Lars, then immediately repulsed by him. "Aw, they went to a beach together and they're playing with a Throwing Disc(tm). He spends time with his sick little nephew....and is now taking the opportunity to use it to hit on ladies on the beach. Poorly." And, "Wow, he really is depressed and much more self aware than he lets on. He really just needs to get out of this rut and find love.....oh gently caress this weirdo loser."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Lars depresses me the most out of all the party members

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
here i helped

:unsmith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dash Rendar posted:

Lars depresses me the most out of all the party members

Between Jimmy, Steven Universe, Lars and the Real Girl, Metallica, and one Mr. von Trier, it's like the name Lars is cursed to render its bearer an absolute hosed up sadsack trainwreck of a human being.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I saw GP set up his recording bot and mistook it for an invitation to join his chat channel. Whoops!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

GrandmaParty posted:

Last note: Japan really does eat whale meat still. They get in a lot of trouble internationally for it.
So does Norway; they just aren't as brazen about it.* Japan claims it's for research or cultural purposes, but that's basically nonsense. (In fact the mercury levels in whale meat are high enough that it shouldn't be given to children.) Instead their whaling program is mostly around due to bureaucratic inertia, budgetary chicanery, and a certain degree of nationalism. Modern Japanese whaling was first a thing in 1900, naturally based on the Norwegian style, and it soon collapsed the local stocks to the point that Japan was sending factory ships far afield in the 1930s. Apparently they did a lot of whaling after WW2 to make up for food shortages, since we bombed the crap out of a country that already had issues with food supplies, and it just stuck around as an institution even after the need had passed. Indeed several government organizations still depend on whaling money to keep up their funding, supposedly because the industry is in the red (which it is) but really to offer cushy jobs to old bureaucrats.

*Indigenous whaling also exists but is far more limited - usually hunters have very small quotas and are required to use traditional methods.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Waaaait, was that even the real Lowtax?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

You complain about the asian girlfriend line as if the writer made a mistake, but I think he did exactly what he intended. That's Lars. Lazy, nice, depressed, and yes, racist. It's not like that's a viewpoint that's unique to Lars - there are absolutely people who believe that and would be willing to say it to a kid.

We get to see how Jimmy views people, and sometimes we see the bad sides. Sometimes we get to see those bad sides and it's not clear that Jimmy even knows they're bad, because he's a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

in the next zone, you find a computer. lars sighs in relief. "finally, I can post on r/braincels about how that stacy shot me down, probably for a chad"

DiggityDoink posted:

your av text but it's about not liking salty licorice