Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Cryohazard posted:

Someone I know unwittingly parrots right-wing bullshit, I'll talk to them about it.
Plus it's helpful to know ahead of time which acquaintances will sell you and your community out to the nazis.
Key indicators include unironic use of phrases like "civility," "respect," and "calling them nazis will make undecided people think you're the one being unreasonable."
Of course, this was during the period when the mainstream news still refused to acknowledge the concentration camps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Room temperature watermelon? What are you doing to the best fruit? This is an outrage.

I feel the same about most fruit honestly. I take it out of the refrigerator a couple hours in advance so I don't have to keep it in my mouth until it warms up to the point where I can comfortably bite it.

Invention idea: disposable tooth armor. Kind of like invisaligns that snap on top of your teeth but with no purpose other than preventing my teeth from touching things. Only then will I stop consuming room temperature fruit.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

Plus it's helpful to know ahead of time which acquaintances will sell you and your community out to the nazis.
Key indicators include unironic use of phrases like "civility," "respect," and "calling them nazis will make undecided people think you're the one being unreasonable."
Of course, this was during the period when the mainstream news still refused to acknowledge the concentration camps.

shut the gently caress up no politics, nerd. especially not whatever the gently caress you're spouting out.

also watermelon is a BERRY you absolute rear end in a top hat. if you can't even recognize a tomato as a berry, or watermelon as a berry, you sure as hell can't identify a nazi

edit: opinion time, gently caress coke, pepsi is better

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Jul 25, 2019

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Both coke and pepsi are mediocre at best

The king of beverages has always been,

and will always be

H20

All healthy people consume water in great amounts because it is so good for your body

it helps your body get through the day and makes you feel better. It supports so many functions in your body

If you don't drink water, you die. If you don't drink Coke, you get healthier

Drink more water and live a better and healthier life

soft sugary drinks just annihilate you palate. If you think water isn't "good enough" you probably already wrecked your mouth and brain with poo poo beverages. Time for a change friend

Drink at least 3 large full glasses of pure refreshing water every single day and you will feel better within weeks. Like a whole new person

go on, what are you waiting for

drink some water

Zzulu has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Jul 25, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Or just drink diet coke. The only health risks are old wives tales about alzheimers and cancer that are more or less totally debunked but people still believe them.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Big Corporation chemicals can never be trusted

Drink the lifeblood of mother earth instead and let her strength become yours

water

drink more of it

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Big Corporation chemicals can never be trusted

Drink the lifeblood of mother earth instead and let her strength become yours

water

drink more of it

but what about the chemicals

and the frogs

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Or just drink diet coke. The only health risks are old wives tales about alzheimers and cancer that are more or less totally debunked but people still believe them.

Wasn't aspartam deemed a cancer risk based on one crappy Italian study that was debunked long ago?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

Wasn't aspartam deemed a cancer risk based on one crappy Italian study that was debunked long ago?

yeah but try telling that to older people who trust what they were told by a friend than what's easily verifiable on the internet.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

now THIS i can get behind!!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I like water and all don't get me wrong, but I feel compelled to talk poo poo about it because some friend of mine is always posting pictures of her water bottle a couple times a week with #drinkyourwater #water #hydrate #stayhydrated #onmywaytohydration #dowork #awateradaykeepsthedoctoraway #waterpower #drink #h20 #thirsty #imthirsty #watercrew #drinkit etc

water sucks, gatorade is better.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol just drink vodka

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I drink Mio energy for my narcolepsy. I never drink any alcohol.
I've gotten through this decade without drinking once, how about that?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lol just drink vodka

vodka is boring, you've got to go with gin. Drinking whiskey feels too smug, vodka doesn't taste like anything, at least with gin you can taste the pine needles and people rarely ask you if they can have any of your gin.

also speaking of Mio, mixing water with mio in it and liquor is pretty good. I went through a phase for a few months in college hwere I'd exclusively drink mio water+gin.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lol just drink vodka

alcohol? more like alcoholics anonymous

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I just drink coffee and tea all day. I mean those are mostly water so it counts.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I don't really get liquor like gin or vodka, I don't hate it but i'd never choose to drink those over a nice Belgian beer or a good wine or something. I occasionally drink whiskey as a nightcap but nothing else.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

I don't really get liquor like gin or vodka, I don't hate it but i'd never choose to drink those over a nice Belgian beer or a good wine or something. I occasionally drink whiskey as a nightcap but nothing else.

Eventually you reach a point where you kind of have to switch to liquor because if you keep drinking beer enough to keep up with your tolerance you'll balloon up to like 350 pounds.

I miss the days when a 6 pack of beer was enough for a night instead of barely making you feel a modicum of non-soberness.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Eventually you reach a point where you kind of have to switch to liquor because if you keep drinking beer enough to keep up with your tolerance you'll balloon up to like 350 pounds.

I miss the days when a 6 pack of beer was enough for a night instead of barely making you feel a modicum of non-soberness.

If you “have” to switch because of your tolerance, I think you may have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

christmas boots posted:

If you “have” to switch because of your tolerance, I think you may have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol.

no poo poo. sorry for swearing

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I inherited a stocked liquor closet from my dad when he died, and in there there's a bottle of Stolichnaya from 1984 or some poo poo, like brewed in the Soviet Union. It's opened and about 1/3rd full. Would this be safe to drink at all? Probably not right?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

I inherited a stocked liquor closet from my dad when he died, and in there there's a bottle of Stolichnaya from 1984 or some poo poo, like brewed in the Soviet Union. It's opened and about 1/3rd full. Would this be safe to drink at all? Probably not right?

I've heard you should drink an opened bottle of liquor within 2 years. The error bars are probably pretty large just to be on the safe side, like it'd probably be fine after 10 years, but i'm not sure ab out "longer than i've been alive".

that said, can i have it

e: apparently it'd probably just taste very bad and be weak. but there's only one way to find out

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Jul 26, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zzulu posted:

and will always be

H20

All healthy people consume water in great amounts because it is so good for your body

it helps your body get through the day and makes you feel better. It supports so many functions in your body

Drink more water and live a better and healthier life

soft sugary drinks just annihilate you palate. If you think water isn't "good enough" you probably already wrecked your mouth and brain with poo poo beverages. Time for a change friend

Drink at least 3 large full glasses of pure refreshing water every single day and you will feel better within weeks. Like a whole new person

go on, what are you waiting for

drink some water

were you masturbating while you made this post? be honest.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

My god, how I hate having to activate my organs every morning.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

When i'm at work I drink around a liter an hour. My organs must be super activated.

I get antsy if i'm not almost constantly consuming liquid of some sort.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

When i'm at work I drink around a liter an hour. My organs must be super activated.

I get antsy if i'm not almost constantly consuming liquid of some sort.

Same. I ruined my teeth with Coke Zero for years but now I just drink seltzer waters and the occasional diet Sunkist

In New Girl, Zooey Deschanel breaks up with a dude when they find out they’re third cousins. My phuo is... that’s not gross? It’s a really distant relation and it’s not like they grew up together. Dating your third cousin is fine.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Jul 26, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Same. I ruined my teeth with Coke Zero for years but now I just drink seltzer waters and the occasional diet Sunkist

In New Girl, Zooey Deschanel breaks up with a dude when they find out they’re third cousins. My phuo is... that’s not gross? It’s a really distant relation and it’s not like they grew up together. Dating your third cousin is fine.

That's the kind of thing you just don't mention to anyone. Nobody is going to know. But the second you mention it to anyone, you'll be known as the cousin fucker. It's not that gross but people will make it sound like it is, because that's what they do.

speaking of teeth, I've had it with dentists and orthodontists. They've had since I was 3 years old to gently caress with my mouth and 30 years later they haven't figured it out. I don't have some rare disease, I just have an underbite, but nothing they do work but they always swear the next thing they want to do will fix it. I just stopped going when they were like "you need to spend 30000 dollars out of pocket for jaw surgery otherwise you might be mildly uncomfortable chewing in the next few decades, maybe". Dentistry is probably the most fraud-filled medical profession.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Zzulu posted:

Both coke and pepsi are mediocre
drink some water
Horny is prohibited, but this was an incredibly good use of it and an excellent post, thanks for making it!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm from an Italian and Spanish family so my third cousins are basically as close to us as our first cousins. I stood up in my fourth cousin's wedding. It would be gross if I hooked up with one of my third cousins. I think it all has to do with how close you are to your family.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm from an Italian and Spanish family so my third cousins are basically as close to us as our first cousins. I stood up in my fourth cousin's wedding. It would be gross if I hooked up with one of my third cousins. I think it all has to do with how close you are to your family.

I have first cousins i've never met in my life. I don't even know what defines a second or third or fourth cousin and don't care. They aren't family.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I have first cousins i've never met in my life. I don't even know what defines a second or third or fourth cousin and don't care. They aren't family.

Your first cousin and you share a grandparent, you and your second cousin share a great-grandparent and so on.

If your first cousin (your uncle or aunt’s kid) has a kid, that kid is your first cousin once removed, likewise your second cousin’s kid is your second cousin once removed—that term denotes a difference in generation

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Yeah if you grow up with your third cousins as like, close family then it's a bit weird to gently caress them, if you didn't it's nothing. That's a great great grandparent (1 of 16) in common. It's nothing.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

While I agree, I also appreciate that this is how they broke up those characters, rather than turning the dude into an rear end in a top hat. He was cool. :gbsmith:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just walked out of the new Tarantino movie, it was boring poo poo

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Zzulu posted:

and will always be

H20

These women are inept at drinking water. I don't think they are activating their organs correctly

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

slinkimalinki posted:

These women are inept at drinking water. I don't think they are activating their organs correctly

They're not trying to activate their organs.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

They're not trying to activate their organs.

"Their" organs as in thry own them.,

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

speaking of teeth, I've had it with dentists and orthodontists.

this sentence has incredible "old guy in line at Taco Bell" energy

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Pastry of the Year posted:

this sentence has incredible "old guy in line at Taco Bell" energy

Not everyone's dentists are as good of people as my current one. That post me made sad more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

Not everyone's dentists are as good of people as my current one. That post me made sad more than anything.

It's not that they're bad at their job, it's just that you get tired of being told "this is going to fix your mouth", then a year goes by and they say "well, sometimes it doesn't work, but this more intensive (+expensive) thing totally will" over and over for over a decade, especially when even they admit it might not ever develop into a real problem.

anyway, it's a new day so have a breakfast opinion: pancakes and waffles suck as breakfast food. It has to either be french toast or keep sweet things out of breakfast entirely. And cracklin oat bran is the only cereal worth eating. Cheerios is OK but only dry out of the box.