Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Highly doubtful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Is this game gonna get ported to a real system at some point?

Switch is the realest system there is.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I imagine there's about as much chance as their is of Bloodborne getting a PC port.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god Magneto is insane. The AI really doesn’t understand how to play him though.

EDIT: If anyone is wondering how you unlock the last ISO-8 slot, you have to get the 3 special nodes in each hexagon. The ones that cost 100/130 orbs.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 25, 2019

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Using the XP cubes to level up and heal during boss fights makes the game so much easier I wish I had just been doing that the whole game

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh, are the AIM Snipers supposed to do this much damage? What the gently caress. If you don't rush them at the start of the fight all your teammates will be dead within 20 seconds.

EDIT: God help you if you don't have anyone that can fly

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 25, 2019

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Thanos get! Now I finally have my dream team assembled!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did anyone else find the final boss of Asgard to be hilariously easy or am I overleveled/Ms Marvel is too strong?

Also I thought Magneto was going to complicated to gear but turns out you just spam heavy attack so I geared for that.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

RatHat posted:

Did anyone else find the final boss of Asgard to be hilariously easy or am I overleveled/Ms Marvel is too strong?

Also I thought Magneto was going to complicated to gear but turns out you just spam heavy attack so I geared for that.

No, I managed it with Thor, Dr. Strange, Venom, and Ghost Rider and it was still pretty easy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Made it to the fight against Doctor Strange and I think I’m going to cut my losses and stop playing. This game loving sucks in pretty much every way.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Just beat Dormammu and this game fuckin owns. Protip: don't treat the game like the brawler it's made to look like; you'll get your poo poo pushed in. Grind some levels if you need to and make sure you're using your XP cubes. Focus fire on one baddie at a time, and for the love of god abuse the dodge/roll.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

a post this lazy should just get an autoban at this point

The Midniter posted:

Just beat Dormammu and this game fuckin owns. Protip: don't treat the game like the brawler it's made to look like; you'll get your poo poo pushed in. Grind some levels if you need to and make sure you're using your XP cubes. Focus fire on one baddie at a time, and for the love of god abuse the dodge/roll.

the dodge/block is pretty important for a lot of fights especially against any with stagger gauges. moreso than a musou game you have to keep being aware of those stronger dudes and how they can armor over your starting attacks.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Folt The Bolt posted:

Thanos get! Now I finally have my dream team assembled!

Did you use one team for the challenges? And what level/who was on your final team to beat Thanos’ challenge?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The doc ock synergy trial is awful, specifically the bottom left arm that has a small window to hit it during the second phase. Just whiff after whiff of synergy attacks then he'll spend 20 seconds just doing aoe attacks.

I said come in! posted:

Made it to the fight against Doctor Strange and I think I’m going to cut my losses and stop playing. This game loving sucks in pretty much every way.

I have to know what you wanted\expected out of this game.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm starting to understand synergies now, and it is leading to understanding that my favorite go-to, Scarlet Witch, has gotten hosed over on synergies it seems.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Did the Spider-Man clone glitch to power level him through infinity trials and you can use this method to rapidly get other characters close to your avg level by swapping one Spider-Man out with a scrub. Even swapping one out w no XP boost my Spider-Man is now like 15 levels above the story mode progress (from never using him) after maybe an hour or two of messing around in the trials

Also noticed I'm getting like 6-7 small xp cubes now instead of 1 for crushing the early rush trial

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

DLC Inc posted:

a post this lazy should just get an autoban at this point

I mean MUA1&2 got ported to PS4 so I don't think it's that silly a question

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Did you use one team for the challenges? And what level/who was on your final team to beat Thanos’ challenge?

Thor, Dr. Strange, Loki, and Venom. Not too bad, but not too good against the Thanos Challenge considering I was overleveled (and used XP Cubes to replenish health at some point during the match). Also had to get through Deadpool and Star-Lord's Solo Challenges which wasn't too bad, though both made me work for it. Deadpool's is a solo fight against Juggernaut, and Star-Lord needs to solo the Thanos fight. Thank God one of the challenges work good for leveling people up to the 60s-70s range.

I probably would have fared better if I swapped out Dr. Strange for another durable, high-damaging stagger hero, like Hulk.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Insinuating the Switch isn’t a real system makes you sound like a dumbass.

Do the characters have more than four moves each?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Vishass posted:

Did the Spider-Man clone glitch

What glitch is this?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

They don't have more than four special moves each, no, but the basic light and heavy attacks have more variation per-character than the previous games.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Those games were developed under Activision, this one is developed under Nintendo. This isn't going anywhere just like how Spider-Man isn't leaving PS4.

wuggles posted:

Do the characters have more than four moves each?

There's hints of having more moves in the future because you can unequip them and move them around, but no, only four.

Also, the games where there were more than four, people just used 1 or 2 anyway...pretty much like this game. If it doesn't have good Synergy, there's almost no reason to use it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
In fairness, most of the characters I've used have at least one good move, one okay one, and a couple that are situational. I think the only character who's actively held back by their skill arsenal is Iron Man, and even he can dump an entire energy bar into Unibeam and get some work done that way.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I’ve been running Ghost Rider, Storm, Spidey, and Cap.

Ghost Rider’s Hellfire synergy with Storm’s tornado makes...a flaming tornado. Does tons of damage and knocks everyone on their rear end. Storm’s ice ability has a huge area of effect and is awesome too.

Spidey doesn’t do the most damage in the world but don’t sleep on his webs’ binding ability. Has definitely saved my bacon a few times at the end of boss fights keeping baddies immobilized when I’m just trying to get some health drops scattered around.

Cap doesn’t particularly stand out but he is fun as hell to play.

I just reached Asgard after beating Surtur. I figure I’m nearing the end; how much more can I expect?

This game is a lot deeper than I thought at first glance. Its menus could use an overhaul particularly for the ISO-8 bullshit but it’s been fun trying to make the most broken combos possible.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

ThermoPhysical posted:

There's hints of having more moves in the future because you can unequip them and move them around, but no, only four.

Also, the games where there were more than four, people just used 1 or 2 anyway...pretty much like this game. If it doesn't have good Synergy, there's almost no reason to use it.

In other words, there are fewer than four moves per character, which is terrible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ThermoPhysical posted:

What glitch is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA63RmdliRU

You can do this with any character that has a solo trial.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
I wish I knew what was so wrong with XML that required it be systematically hacked to bits for the entirety of the MUA series.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

XML2 is still probably the gold standard and it's a share that one didn't get ported over for remasters (probably because X-MEN). XML2 and the first MUA are still really good. I always liked how characters in MUA1 all got special throws too i.e. Spider-Man webbed people up so you could beat on them, Dr Strange had an incredible telekinetic spinning thing, Captain America decapitated you. Also loved how Wolverine had a SECOND set of specials you gained access to via going into Fury mode. Kind of disappointed we didn't get those levels of complexity. Throwing enemies was always a good way to do crowd control.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Woozy posted:

I wish I knew what was so wrong with XML that required it be systematically hacked to bits for the entirety of the MUA series.

yeah they should really just switch to using JSON

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Cap doesn’t particularly stand out but he is fun as hell to play.

I thought Captain America was great and one of the few heroes who is well-defined through his moveset. A lot of the characters are just four different AoE attacks but his special blocking ability and the synergies that go with it, plus his team buff ability all feels very "Cap" to me. Plus a lot of his animations are pulled straight from the movies and convey his personality well. I don't know whether he's actually a strong character but his solo rift mission has been my favorite part of the game so far.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DLC Inc posted:

XML2 is still probably the gold standard and it's a share that one didn't get ported over for remasters (probably because X-MEN). XML2 and the first MUA are still really good. I always liked how characters in MUA1 all got special throws too i.e. Spider-Man webbed people up so you could beat on them, Dr Strange had an incredible telekinetic spinning thing, Captain America decapitated you. Also loved how Wolverine had a SECOND set of specials you gained access to via going into Fury mode. Kind of disappointed we didn't get those levels of complexity. Throwing enemies was always a good way to do crowd control.

I’ve seen videos where Hulk throws enemies but I’m not sure how you do that.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

RatHat posted:

I’ve seen videos where Hulk throws enemies but I’m not sure how you do that.

It's his fourth special but he can only actually grab staggerless mooks from what I've seen.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Woozy posted:

I thought Captain America was great and one of the few heroes who is well-defined through his moveset. A lot of the characters are just four different AoE attacks but his special blocking ability and the synergies that go with it, plus his team buff ability all feels very "Cap" to me. Plus a lot of his animations are pulled straight from the movies and convey his personality well. I don't know whether he's actually a strong character but his solo rift mission has been my favorite part of the game so far.

They seem to have given Cap this game's equivalent of the old Cyclops role in XML where he primarily served as a force multiplier. Cap's not awful on his own, but 90% of the reason to have him in a group is Super Soldiers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It's his fourth special but he can only actually grab staggerless mooks from what I've seen.

Well that sounds pretty useless then.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

RatHat posted:

Well that sounds pretty useless then.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed after I saw that fully upgraded, it’s A damage and A stagger but just so limited with who you’re able to use it on.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

The Midniter posted:

Yeah I was pretty disappointed after I saw that fully upgraded, it’s A damage and A stagger but just so limited with who you’re able to use it on.

Can't have fun cuz ~stagger mechanics~

Seriously, who the gently caress thought that worked? It's such a lazy way to to balance anything.

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 26, 2019

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Just to clarify, even if Hulk doesn't grab a dude, he still slams the ground hard and does considerable Stagger Gauge damage either way, but it is still somewhat underwhelming.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The whole game honestly feels worse the further along I go. A lot of the setpieces are poorly designed (e.g. the statue sequence in Wakanda ), enemies feel really spongey unless you're aggressively outleveling the content, and the game heavily disincentivizes swapping between heroes if you don't feel like grinding the largely un-fun infinity trials. Also, don't get me started on the camera, it's just really bad.

Game should have been a budget title but we're on a Nintendo platform so here we are.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Reallycoolname posted:

Can't have fun cuz ~stagger mechanics~

Seriously, who the gently caress thought that worked? It's such a lazy way to to balance anything.

Just realised how similar it is to the bosses in Hyrule Warriors. I thought that mechanic was everyone's biggest complaint, and why they made it easier for the Switch version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
One positive point at least is that Miles is in and he's great. His moveset is really strong and I think so far he has the only area denial ability that's actually worth anything. Good normals, good animations, good special effects. Gwen seems cool too but I haven't used her as much. Her web ball variant is like ten times better than Peter's and actually hits things. Peter has some great perks though in being able to stay airborne forever and the fact that his aerial attack generates a shitload of mana.

Shame they all got saddled with the same useless button spamming web ability.