Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So is it for sure that Three Houses goes live at EST Midnight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
well

it's on right now, so yes.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just checked and you are right.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm playing the video game

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I like my class of colossal dorks and just want them to be happy and grow strong.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

It keeps telling me I can't play the game why this

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I'm in, boys and girls

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Akarshi posted:

Same here. LET ME IN DAMNIT.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, I still can't get in :(

EDIT: And complaining made it work lol

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

drat this menu text be tiny as gently caress

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Akarshi posted:

It telling me the same thing :(

*edit*

now its working, complaining always helps

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Akarshi posted:

try turning the console off and on again, that did it for me.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I'm in! Really digging this subdued organ/piano arrangement of the main series theme. Won't be putting much time in though, I've got work at seven in the morning.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

you bastards I can't play until tomorrow night, I'm clearing out have fun

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The Walmarts around here stopped being open 24 hours a day due to theft so I'm just watching streamers play it, this game looks way more RPG than the last couple did but it could be entirely because the Switch has a lot more space to work with than the 3DS and GBA

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Mine has shipped so I will get to enjoy killing all my students when I get home from work.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Important info: the soft-reset button combination is L-R-Plus-Minus

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Important note,

you can move Byleth around on the load screen using the gyro in your controller

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Zoran posted:

Coincides with the release date of the very first Fire Emblem in Japan. They also made Lucina's birthday 4/20 for the same reason.

Does Lucina Smoke Weed

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
have fun you shitlords

I shall join you tomorrow

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

drat they have no brakes with setting up the scenario this time

"oh hi robin you're in a field we're the shepards what's up hey some zombies are coming that's weird hey let's go save the kingdom"
"lady corrin wake up alright let's have a duel on the loving roof tops here's dad he's an rear end in a top hat alright time for a suicide mission
"bandits done, here's your job."

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I feel like the guy that voices the chapter intros might be the same guy they had do the Warioware: Smooth Moves pose dialog.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/canyoupetthedog/status/1154615157240324096?s=21

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I noticed you keep the item the boss drops in the prologue, so I went back and looked into it. Turns out you definitely can trade away the inventories of the house leaders you aren't going to use right before you kill the boss to get two extra weapons and two extra vulneraries for free! :)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a link to the page that listed all the units you could poach from other houses?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Of course Edelgard is #1 on this month's activity participation.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hunt11 posted:

Does anyone have a link to the page that listed all the units you could poach from other houses?

everyone's on the table except for the house leaders and their retainers, so Edelgard, Hubert, Dimitri, Dedue, Claude, and Hilda

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Holy moly move after attack on fliers is insane. I trained two Phys attackers as armored knights -> wyvern riders and they are both absolute beasts. Hilda in particular is my best unit, the only things that can really hurt her are archers and now she can just fly away after doing her thing?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Someone said something earlier about Byleth, and what they said got me thinking about this game's themes, but I'll spoil it:

Is this game a deconstruction of the idea of 'heroic bloodlines' and the idea of powerful, ancient weaponry tied to ancient heroes that FE loves to use?.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Junpei posted:

Someone said something earlier about Byleth, and what they said got me thinking about this game's themes, but I'll spoil it:

Is this game a deconstruction of the idea of 'heroic bloodlines' and the idea of powerful, ancient weaponry tied to ancient heroes that FE loves to use?.
not exactly imo. but you could say it stages a debate over how the idea of heroism should be manifested within social/political institutions. is it inherited from the past (tending towards hierarchy & tradition) or should it be reconstituted by every generation (tending towards equality & innovation)?

Zane fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 26, 2019

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Going to bed now because I have to get up in the morning for work, but man the load times are not great in this game, even from SD.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Talk to me about promoting. So it looks like going from base class to a promotion is always a good thing, and you can change back/sideways without any downsides?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I have completely avoided all news in regards to this game outside of the basics that got shown at E3. What is the difference between each of the houses and how significant is the difference between the story/gameplay paths of each house

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
played for three hours, time for bed, game good

current faves: sothis, ingrid, byleth. Having a sarcastic dialogue option goes a long way to endearing me to silent protags

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Looking at reviews, seems some of my worries were well founded. Graphics are bad, UI is messy, and the dialogue doesn't spark like in the 8-4 localized games. (That actually worries me more now, since people who were fine with Fates line by line dialogue are saying this feels stiff).

There seems to be a lot that's interesting too, but it's disappointing if I was right on those.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The Monastery is honestly maybe too big, but the fast travel options + documenting who is where and if you've spoken to them is really generous. I never would have actually located the Library on my own, but it was mercifully available on the fast travel menu without me having to visit it first.

Claude being kind of a dick is fun.

cheetah7071 posted:

played for three hours, time for bed, game good

current faves: sothis, ingrid, byleth. Having a sarcastic dialogue option goes a long way to endearing me to silent protags

Me, watching Byleth lose support points because I picked the sarcastic option: It's worth it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
chapter 1 on hard mode was definitely harder than a newbie could reasonably be expected to complete. I wouldn't be surprised if their idea was that normal mode was for people whose first FE was 3H and hard mode was for vets

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Looking at reviews, seems some of my worries were well founded. Graphics are bad, UI is messy, and the dialogue doesn't spark like in the 8-4 localized games. (That actually worries me more now, since people who were fine with Fates line by line dialogue are saying this feels stiff).

There seems to be a lot that's interesting too, but it's disappointing if I was right on those.

Sorry you won’t be buying the game friend.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Switch sucks, handheld mode lasts for barely 2 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Switch owns