Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I dig the yellow and green rooms a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Badger of Basra posted:

This owns actually

Yea I'm feeling the yellow room

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I like the green room.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Badger of Basra posted:

This owns actually

Yeah I like everything except the lynched dolls in the blue room

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Youth Decay posted:

They had it coming.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

This owns actually

That Works posted:

I dig the yellow and green rooms a lot

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yea I'm feeling the yellow room

PetraCore posted:

I like the green room.

Youth Decay posted:

I worry about you people.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That house needs interior doors.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I could figure out what kind of Stromboli each room was. Every room but the blue andt orange one with lots of small tiles.

Edit:
Cold cuts, mystery stromboli, seafood, chicken, and pesto.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 26, 2019

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
goddamnit as long as I live I will never stop confusing stromboli and spumoni

anyway

i'm gonna toilet post

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

big dyke energy posted:

goddamnit as long as I live I will never stop confusing stromboli and spumoni

anyway

i'm gonna toilet post

BOGA NET NUTZ!
XAXAXA GOTEM

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

big dyke energy posted:

anyway

i'm gonna toilet post

Where can I buy that shower curtain

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Platystemon posted:

We need in-thread polls so I can ask: closed plan or open plan

[X] closed plan
[ ] open plan

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Depends what you want. Both, IMO.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

It already has them. Look at the pink room, then look for that panel pattern at extreme oblique angles in the other photos.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Open plan bog, closed plan everything else.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Open plan bog, closed plan everything else.

The inverse of this.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Mixed use plan, doors for private areas, removable partitions or curtains for places that only need to be closed on occasion.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
A hollow core door every 3 feet

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Networked doors that act as logic gates that control the lights and appliances.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

A hollow core door every 3 feet

mlyp ahaha gottem

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Load bearing, insulated doors

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Double post, but not coming up for a stromboli for the orange and blue Stromboli room is getting to me. Anyone have any ideas?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

So I just bought a house and I'm trying to figure out what to do with a room I've been calling the "basement lobby." Coming off the stairs there's a laundry room on the left, utility room straight ahead, family room to the right, and a door to the back yard on the fourth wall. You can see in the listing photo (the first photo) that the sellers had a piano and a desk in there. They left the piano with the house so it's still in the same spot for now. I'm considering putting my desk around where they had theirs, but perpendicular to the wall so that my monitor isn't visible from the stairs (I hate it when people catch me browsing SA instead of doing something useful). Will probably put the dog's crate down in here too and maybe a shoe shelf/coat rack so the kids have somewhere to put their dirty stuff when they come in from the yard. It's kind of a mish mash of ideas and I'm wishing I had a more coherent vision for this space. Any advice?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Do you usually enter the house through the basement? If not, expecting your kids to go down a flight to take off their coats/shoes is going to be a fight every single day forever.

In general I would just wait and see what uses develop naturally, and plan from there. You don't have to figure it out the first week or the first six months.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 26, 2019

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

That's the only door to the back yard, so I'm more picturing clothes that are dirty from playing back there (snow coats/boots in the winter, etc.), not their everyday go-to-school jackets/shoes/etc.

e:

Anne Whateley posted:

In general I would just wait and see what uses develop naturally, and plan from there. You don't have to figure it out the first week or the first six months.
Agreed, mostly I'm wanting to take advantage of the fact that we'll have professional movers at our disposal tomorrow. Things like my desk are too heavy for me otherwise :shrug:

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 26, 2019

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I think your idea is pretty sound, at least until you get a big inspiration. I assume you’re going to put the “mud area” in the corner to the left of the door going outside, and have the front edge of your desk kind of in a line between the family room door and the post? If so, you probably have room for a file cabinet or something behind the desk (on the piano wall), and you’ll still have pretty open walkways.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

well I mean obviously that spot is too small for a baby grand, so you should put the baby grand over next to the stairs, and then build the rest of the ornate spots for people to casually listen to you playing the baby grand during your house parties around it

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I think your idea is pretty sound, at least until you get a big inspiration. I assume you’re going to put the “mud area” in the corner to the left of the door going outside, and have the front edge of your desk kind of in a line between the family room door and the post? If so, you probably have room for a file cabinet or something behind the desk (on the piano wall), and you’ll still have pretty open walkways.

That's the basic idea, yeah, although I was considering putting the file cabinet in the utility room and a book shelf behind the desk against the piano wall.

Leperflesh posted:

well I mean obviously that spot is too small for a baby grand, so you should put the baby grand over next to the stairs, and then build the rest of the ornate spots for people to casually listen to you playing the baby grand during your house parties around it

Ahh, and the dog crate goes under the baby grand so as to make efficient use of the space. This is coming together nicely :hmmyes:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Tell us more about that framed puzzle? over the piano.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

No idea; the sellers took it with them. Having met them, it looks to me like a photo from their wedding.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

An ArtTM, Wine Edition

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

The lack of glasses makes me think they sit around the table and chug straight from the bottles.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Attention!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

whatheck

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
LOVE a classy shitter

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Is that a motherfucking wizard door? Because I'm digging that motherfucking wizard door.

I think I just decided what room to put that boat chandelier from a few pages back in..

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

luxury handset posted:

LOVE a classy shitter

I feel like the wallpaper is making this way worse than it would be otherwise

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

I feel like the wallpaper is making this way worse than it would be otherwise

I dunno, the sink in the chest of drawers and the toilet appearing to be almost flush with the wall are pretty bad, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I would yell none shall pass at any salesmen that came by.

Also why the gently caress is there a post in front of the garage door?