Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

ante posted:

Unless it's from the Raviol region of Italy, it's simply a type of pasta comprising a filling enveloped in thin pasta dough.

Mmm now I’m hungry for my two favorite raviolis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Busket Posket posted:

Mmm now Im hungry for my two favorite raviolis

those are both sandwiches, not ravioli. the second pic even says so. raviolis are technically sandwiches but they have sauce on top of them

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They're actually calzones, which themselves are just folded pizzas.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

They're actually calzones, which themselves are just folded pizzas.

Pizzas are just open faced sandwiches.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Pizzas are just spatchcocked Hot Pockets.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Samdwiches aren't real. It's just a name given arbitrarily to combinations of food that are eaten at once.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Samdwiches aren't real. It's just a name given arbitrarily to combinations of food that are eaten at once.

Sandwiches are the most real thing in the universe. Anything that is combined with another thing is a sandwich. It's like the protofood.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

DiggityDoink posted:

Sandwiches are the most real thing in the universe. Anything that is combined with another thing is a sandwich. It's like the protofood.

Are pasta dishes sandwiches?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This isn't a picture, but I think this thread's the best fit. This kid lives out the dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2SyAFmavtw

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DoombatINC posted:

"Sparkling Hot Pocket"

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Are pasta dishes sandwiches?

All pasta dishes I've ever had have been served with a side of bread, so duh, it's a sandwich just not formed yet.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

DiggityDoink posted:

All pasta dishes I've ever had have been served with a side of bread, so duh, it's a sandwich just not formed yet.

What about stir fry?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

MizPiz posted:

What about stir fry?

If it's good stir fry it comes with youtiau which is crispy bread. It's still a sandwich.

Also the noodles are made from flour. It's just bread in skinny form.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Samuringa posted:

If it was made there then it's French

hambourgeois

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ante posted:

Unless it's from the Raviol region of Italy, it's simply a type of pasta comprising a filling enveloped in thin pasta dough.

I used to go to this tiny restaurant near our school and they had a hamburger on the menu but whenever someone tried to order the hamburger the cook would shout "I'm not making a drat hamburger" because apparently it takes too much time. The steaks were alright though so :shrug:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sorry to remove some of the funny from the PYF Funny Pictures thread but "Beerepoot" can be translated to "bear's paw". Which is also the name of Dutch/Flemish snack: chopped up meatball with fried onions on a skewer.

Probably looks better when it's been actually deep fried and smothered in peanut sauce. Not a whole lot better.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Also looks like a lot more than just a snack

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mierenneuker posted:

Sorry to remove some of the funny from the PYF Funny Pictures thread but "Beerepoot" can be translated to "bear's paw". Which is also the name of Dutch/Flemish snack: chopped up meatball with fried onions on a skewer.

Probably looks better when it's been actually deep fried and smothered in peanut sauce. Not a whole lot better.

No poo poo I would loving massacre an enormous plate of those, right now, without deep frying or sauce

Deep fry them and smother them in peanut sauce and I might die before I stopped eating them

Dissociative Donut
Oct 9, 2009

by Pragmatica
We get it. You're an infini-fat

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DiggityDoink posted:

Pizzas are just open faced sandwiches.

You bake pizzas in an oven therefore they're uncovered pies. Also they hit you in the eye like the moon, There's a song all about it!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Dillbag posted:

I saw My Cousin Vinnie in French in Montreal on opening night on a school trip. The audience was loving HOWLING at the French/NY accent, which I guess is a thing? Blew our Anglophone minds.

e. I still remember the two minutes of interrupted laughter after the "two yutes" line, but in French:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vp1t6yBpSM&t=3695s

For info they weren't laughing at the NY accent in French (there's no such thing) but because since it was impossible to translate they replaced it with a fart joke

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DiggityDoink posted:

raviolis are technically sandwiches but they have sauce on top of them

What the gently caress

They are still raviolis before they are cooked or plated and they can be eaten without sauce

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Starcade match I always wanted

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The Bloop posted:

What the gently caress

They are still raviolis before they are cooked or plated and they can be eaten without sauce

Yeah and if you cook or toast a sandwich it also is technically a ravioli

e: what's commonly known as a "grinder" is scientifically known as an open-faced ravioli.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Knormal posted:

This isn't a picture, but I think this thread's the best fit. This kid lives out the dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2SyAFmavtw
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/us/toddler-injured-conveyor-belt-trnd/index.html

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Hirayuki posted:

:pusheen: That was one of the links I included on babby's first homepage back in '95.

eta: "Je peut manger," I think

peux

ffs

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

Also looks like a lot more than just a snack

turn

on

your

monitor

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

bike tory posted:

This has actually popped up on my Facebook and that isn't actually the full video. The egg does end up getting smashed

Smash Egg, eat the mouth!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

e: what's commonly known as a "grinder" is scientifically known as an open-faced ravioli.

commonly if you happen to be in New England I guess

Also it's not a grinder until it's heated but a frozen ravioli is still a ravioli

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I thought grindr was an app, not a food? :confused:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

I thought grindr was an app, not a food? :confused:

Technically it’s both :clint:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They both focus on putting meat into buns.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Dissociative Donut posted:

We get it. You're an infini-fat
not yet, but if i got my hands on some Beerepoot...

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

oldpainless posted:

The French are a notoriously difficult-to-like people second only, to no ones great surprise, the Bulgarians

More like old pain-less

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hirayuki posted:

:pusheen: That was one of the links I included on babby's first homepage back in '95.

eta: "Je peut manger," I think

There's a bit of discussion about the proper translation, and they think that "sais" is better.

quote:

French
Spoken in: France, Canada, various former colonies
In French: "Je peux manger du verre, cela ne me fait pas mal."
However: French distinguishes between being able to physically and knowing how to. "Je sais" means "I can" in the second sense. Secondly, French distinguishes between the generic "le verre" ("glass" in general) and the particular "du verre" ("(some) glass"). ie if you know how to go about it properly, you can eat glass without it hurting ("Je sais... le verre").
This may thus be more correct: "Je sais manger le verre; cela ne me fait pas mal."
In modern colloquial French: "Ch'peux manger du verre, ca m'fait pas mal."
In seventeenth-century French alexandrine verse (as spoken by Racine, Boileau, La Fontaine, and Molière): "Je puis manger du verre; cela ne me nuit point."
Note: The previously displayed alexandrine has 13 syllables. Although Classical French tolerated13, 12 syllables was, and is now, the norm.
Thus: "Je mange le verre; cela ne me nuit point."

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

There's a bit of discussion about the proper translation, and they think that "sais" is better.

Isn't this the same in English? Everyone had a smartass teacher who would respond to "Can I go to the bathroom?" With "I dunno, can you?:smuggo:" Forcing you to restate it as "may I".