Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

looks like switchig mangadex to dark theme broke something for you op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
mangadexhenty

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

DisDisDis posted:

looks like switchig mangadex to dark theme broke something for you op

Nah it's been on Dynasty for about two years Dynasty scans link

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

MagusDraco posted:

Nah it's been on Dynasty for about two years Dynasty scans link

drat....

anyway i like when she says "i'm gonna gently caress the clone too"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

drat....

anyway i like when she says "i'm gonna gently caress the clone too"

Same

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Anyone got stuff like that with pessimistic or jealous partners? I like those characters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is this series good? I've never seen or heard of it before but it's got a good rating on mangadex (though that is absolutely never a guarantee of a series's quality)

https://mangadex.org/title/999

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Is this series good? I've never seen or heard of it before but it's got a good rating on mangadex (though that is absolutely never a guarantee of a series's quality)

https://mangadex.org/title/999

I enjoyed the first two volumes reasonably well. Main duo's very charming, art's pretty good, the side stories at the end of each volume are fantastic.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the shirayukihime anime was fairly popular when it was airing

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Your main issue is that half the series isn’t on mangadex because the scanlators pulled off the site over some dumb drama and they don’t have a good alternative site.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
https://mangadex.org/title/28664/ano-hito-no-i-ni-wa-boku-ga-tarinai

Chapter 14 is out and our boy shares some nice moments with his eldritch girlfriend. But it looks like their moment of peace is up. It really frustrates me that this is a month series because it makes those cliffhangers really painful.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Alrighty, thanks, I'll give it a shot!

And yeah eldritch senpai is really diving down the horror rabbit hole now. It's done some nightmare stuff prior but this one's another level

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Shirayukihime manga was pretty good a while ago but is one of those series where it just feels like it's just spinning its wheels right about now. Series should have ended like 40 chapters ago.

I still read it because it's cute.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

For some reason I thought Inuyasha was a shojo series but it's actually shonen w/female MC. I started the series a long time ago and I realized the romance is super lacking which is awk since it's a huge plot element. The manga-ka does stick to the tried and true formula of tsundere characters who never change after 100 chapters together.

Anyone recc'd manga where the tsundere character who does change become a better person at the end?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Alder posted:

For some reason I thought Inuyasha was a shojo series but it's actually shonen w/female MC. I started the series a long time ago and I realized the romance is super lacking which is awk since it's a huge plot element. The manga-ka does stick to the tried and true formula of tsundere characters who never change after 100 chapters together.

Anyone recc'd manga where the tsundere character who does change become a better person at the end?

speaking of, i forget its been a long while; how close do ranma and akane get?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Honestly, I never completed the series but I do want to read the entire manga b/c it's such a old/classic manga. Akane really deserved better imho.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Near the very end they actually do speak their feelings for one another, in the last chapter they're about to get married, but then all the lovers/fiances on both sides start causing chaos at the wedding postponing it and rendering the whole thing back to the status quo or something like that.

EDIT: Guess I'll tag it JUST IN CASE

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Alder posted:

Honestly, I never completed the series but I do want to read the entire manga b/c it's such a old/classic manga. Akane really deserved better imho.

akane was kind of an awful person, so was every character in that manga really

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Everyone was a jerk, it was great

Except the one sister who was explicitly perfect in every waifu way

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Captain Invictus posted:

explicitly perfect in every waifu way

please stop writing mary poppins lyrics from hell
language will never recover

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I read Ranma 1/2 when I was 13 and it blew my mind, I had no idea they could put boobies in comics. Now I'm gay.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i read it in gradeschool and now i'm gay too

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I liked her newer series, Kyoukai no Rinne, because the dynamic between the hero and heroine was different from her previous works. But then I hit a huge hole in the translated chapters and never finished it.

Rumiko Takahashi isn't exactly original, but I still find her humor funny.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The thing about Akane is that Ukyo is better

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
At least the end of Inyuasha actually had some finality to it after years of meandering.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ranma's ending being inconclusive was appropriate imo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
inuyasha has the best end.

kagome, after like eleventy years of inuyasha faffing about the countryside, getting ever more powerful and yet achieving nothing, picks up a bow and does the needful. the end :v:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

:hmmyes:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all of the completely insane rival girls were better than akane, really. poo poo, so were all of the completely insane rival boys who were after girl ranma. the manga was full of incredibly over the top characters and we are supposed to take the generic standard tsundere seriously?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It took less than a few hours for a pure, righteous elf to be utterly corrupted . Record time Japan.

Truga posted:

inuyasha has the best end.

kagome, after like eleventy years of inuyasha faffing about the countryside, getting ever more powerful and yet achieving nothing, picks up a bow and does the needful. the end :v:

Did they ever let Miroku use his wind tunnel or did the bees just keep showing up?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Clitch posted:

The Bones of an Invisible Person

Last chapter went up yesterday. It's not strictly within the thread's scope, but I feel like it deserves a post here.

I've been following this and liked it. I'm glad it kinda leaves it ambiguous on if she'll go to jail or not, since there isn't really any evidence she could use to prove herself guilty.

That said I had some difficulty taking it seriously considering the father looked like Nathan Explosion and the only other thing I've seen from the author is yuri hentai. :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

arisu posted:

Near the very end they actually do speak their feelings for one another, in the last chapter they're about to get married, but then all the lovers/fiances on both sides start causing chaos at the wedding postponing it and rendering the whole thing back to the status quo or something like that.

EDIT: Guess I'll tag it JUST IN CASE

drat what an ending. I admit I liked all the alt couples than the main one since they worked better in the story.

I just want 2nd boy/girl them to be happy.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

big dyke energy posted:

I read Ranma 1/2 when I was 13 and it blew my mind, I had no idea they could put boobies in comics. Now I'm gay.

:same: It seriously was a big part of my queer awakening

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I did a whole episode of the Retronauts podcast about Ranma 1/2 games and talked a little about how Ranma is definitely problematic at times but also hugely important to a lot of queer weebs :toot: Massively progressive but not perfect!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rody One Half posted:

:same:

The shipping wars of 90s internet fandom live on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Queer Ranma fandom has only ever gotten more powerful, it cannot be stopped.

Re: boobs, my first direct Ranma experience, I'm fond of mentioning, was seeing volume 10 at the library (I would also read the rest there over time), and, because I was curious about it from the 1st movie being advertised on my Disney VHS tapes, taking it home and opening it to the first page, where a cat jumps into a bath tub and a topless lady came out

E2: please note despite previous comment I love Akane and all other Ranma characters, they are all my children

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 26, 2019

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

It took less than a few hours for a pure, righteous elf to be utterly corrupted . Record time Japan.

Did they ever let Miroku use his wind tunnel or did the bees just keep showing up?

hm are there any other nerd tomboy gets a hot 7 foot tall boyfriend wish fulfillment series out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brought To You By posted:

I really wish this updated more often, every single page is great