Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Jazzzzz posted:

"according to Google it's a 750cc" no wonder the seller can't get it running, they don't even know how to loving use Google.

Is that pink and blue colorway factory? I've only ever seen those old bikes in white with red/blue accents and the Solo Jazz colors with white being the base

I've never seen that color on a 250cc "Inceptor". At least he got the year right. Fun bikes and worth $400-$500 if it has a title. They are still popular for racing, so it has value even as a parts bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010
This seems like a pretty hot deal @$1200. At first, I thought it must be a scam, but it has too many pics and a local phone number.

If I was in the market for a new(er) ride, I'd be thinking hard about this. Is 26k miles a lot for these newer Ninjas?

Also, lol, "Perfect for new riders!!!"

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
It’s a scam.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mhm.

And even if it wasn't, don't buy bikes with monster stickers imo

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010
Bro, the ZX6R Monster Edition is a truly sick beast. Also, I may be a rube.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

A thing I’ve noticed: if the price is crazy good, check the vegetation. That magnolia tree is not in Denver. Nor are those oaks and lush hedges.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The scam bot just copies an existing advertisement, sometimes from the local area.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Do reverse image searches on suspected scam ads and if you don't find the original ads you can at least find other copies of the scam ad thus confirming it is indeed a scam.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
God, those ads drove me nuts when I was shopping for my first bike as i didnt really know prices and fell into 'well maybe its a fixer upper' -itis.

Second purchase was way less stressy, i can spot those ads from a mile away now.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I'm dumb and forgot this thread existed.

But not as dumb as this:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
brb, gonna do the ton on the A406 on my Grom

mewse
May 2, 2006

Let's buy a brand new bike and immediately turn it into a project bike :shepface:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

mewse posted:

Let's buy a brand new bike and immediately turn it into a project bike :shepface:

You gotta be reeeeeaaaal confident in your skills.

Then you gotta convince someone else to have $4K worth of confidence in your skills.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Speaking of projects

https://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/d/cumberland-center-1962-custom-buick/6892669329.html

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That looks so ridiculously half assed. Gas tank? Battery? They're in saddlebags, aren't they

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That ad made my head hurt

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
How do you ride that without ending up in a burn unit.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Are the shifters from a big rig?

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Coydog posted:

How do you ride that without ending up in a burn unit.

Comes with that custom made trailer for a reason.

One Legged Ninja
Sep 19, 2007
Feared by shoe salesmen. Defeated by chest-high walls.
Fun Shoe

MomJeans420 posted:

Are the shifters from a big rig?

It's probably one stick for first and reverse, one stick for second and third. That would be easier than figuring out how to select each fork via cable.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Someone buy this. Right now!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/219620385649555/

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
For 3 grand? No thanks. It's too cool to not ride it and no one in their right mind is going to pay 3 large for a visually pristine 90s artifact that you're going to ride the piss out of.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

That’s been up for at least a month so you should lowball them and see what happens.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

5 years old, 144 miles, $16k

You know what else is no longer made? CX500s, Ford Pintos, and arsenic suppositories.

What’s the deal with CX500’s? My roommate had one and I always kinda had a thing for them.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Rolo posted:

What’s the deal with CX500’s? My roommate had one and I always kinda had a thing for them.

They’re top heavy, slow, and really only interesting because of the engine configuration. They’re not inherently terrible or anything, it’s more the fact that hipster builders gravitated toward them as some kind of inexplicable cafe platform grail, to which they’re really not especially well-suited. They’re a poor man’s Guzzi that’s probably better made but somehow less interesting.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
There was interest in CX500s that weren't the turbo version?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Jazzzzz posted:

For 3 grand? No thanks. It's too cool to not ride it and no one in their right mind is going to pay 3 large for a visually pristine 90s artifact that you're going to ride the piss out of.

what about this?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

They’re top heavy, slow, and really only interesting because of the engine configuration. They’re not inherently terrible or anything, it’s more the fact that hipster builders gravitated toward them as some kind of inexplicable cafe platform grail, to which they’re really not especially well-suited. They’re a poor man’s Guzzi that’s probably better made but somehow less interesting.

I think the only reason hipsters gravitated towards them for their cafe racer builds is because they ran out of cheap cb350/750s

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slim Pickens posted:

I think the only reason hipsters gravitated towards them for their cafe racer builds is because they ran out of cheap cb350/750s

That makes sense. I never saw many until the cafe craze was winding down, and then they were everywhere.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Rolo posted:

I've had both, the turbo and non-turbo, they're both as uninspiring as anything. The turbo one had a p cool digital boost gauge and :krad: decals though?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

I've had both, the turbo and non-turbo, they're both as uninspiring as anything. The turbo one had a p cool digital boost gauge and :krad: decals though?

It just occurred to me that I’ve never heard anybody mention the performance of the CX650 turbo. It’s always just “It’s got a turbo! Rad!” Which is fine.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I think I just like the engine orientation, because Guzzi V7’s are just plain gorgeous to me.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

It just occurred to me that I’ve never heard anybody mention the performance of the CX650 turbo. It’s always just “It’s got a turbo! Rad!” Which is fine.

You\ll never hear that about turbo+carburetor combination.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Not the standard turbo livery, but it was pretty none the less.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nitrox posted:

You\ll never hear that about turbo+carburetor combination.

I'm pretty sure they had mechanical fuel injection?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/d/sumner-1994-yamaha-fzr1000-motorcycle/6936518578.html

I don't know if that's a good price or anything but man that's a :krad: looking bike

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I haven't rode in a couple years and I dont know if I can get back into it but this thing is calling my name

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ADINSX posted:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/d/sumner-1994-yamaha-fzr1000-motorcycle/6936518578.html

I don't know if that's a good price or anything but man that's a :krad: looking bike

That is flat out gorgeous looking.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I haven't rode in a couple years and I dont know if I can get back into it but this thing is calling my name

Those have cam issues, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Those have cam issues, no?

Honestly I have no idea, I just love the looks of it. And I miss my first bike which was a CB650.