Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

People who watch the show but not the feeds don't know the kind of person Jackson is. They don't know that besides him being a racist and misogynist, being cruel to people and forcing the house to "walk on eggshells" around his "moods" and fits of rage, and doing things like putting Kemi's bottle in the fridge to cause trouble...

that he also throws food away to mess with or spite people and constantly complains that Big Brother doesn't provide enough food or the right kinds of food to meet his 5000 calorie a day diet.

Ovi on the other hand is everything Jackson isn't as a person and uses his new platform to ask you to remember that every day children go to bed hungry in America.

https://twitter.com/TheOviKabir/status/1154570878635716608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Is that Aquaman Jack or the man formerly know as Jackson?

On TV, to me they make Jackson seem dumb but not particularly malicious. Maybe because he's overshadowed by Jack.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Twin Cinema posted:

Is that Aquaman Jack or the man formerly know as Jackson?

On TV, to me they make Jackson seem dumb but not particularly malicious. Maybe because he's overshadowed by Jack.

He's talking about Jackson, not Aquaman. They're both gigantic pieces of poo poo though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jackson/Michie is an incredibly terrible person who the edit is just trying to turn into a cartoonish Brett-like villain. You know how Kat joking voted to evict Michie on this episode? That's because he treats her like garbage and just hours before the show berated her in a fit of rage and reduced her to tears and made her "feel unsafe." And its far from the first time for that sort of behavior.

"Aquaman"/Jack is also a huge rear end in a top hat for a variety of reasons but he's almost a nice guy compared to Jackson/Michie. Like Jack's a massive prick but he's the kind of prick that people mostly roll their eyes at while Jackson/Michie is the kind of guy who makes everyone uneasy to be around and worried that if they eat the wrong food or say the wrong thing he'll snap into a screaming rant. But they're both huge assholes.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Glad they showed Michie/Kat. Kat is turning to be my favourite player remaining. She's fun.

I was hoping Analyse would win there :\

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only difference between a Holly and Ana HOH would be who gets laid more and who suddenly gets TV time.

Though, Ana articulating her game definitely would have been... interesting.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I was just hoping Ana because of the Holly/Michie connection, but I guess there's the Ana/Jack connection. You know what, forget I said anything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And there's an Ana/Holly "besties" connection and a Jack/Jackson F2 connection and a Ana/Holly/Christie/Tommy F4 and a Jack/Christie/Tommy F3 and a Jack/Christie F2 and a Christie/Tommy F2.

Its all "The 6 Sh66ters". Its all kind of incestuous mess of deals and sex that all results in the same targets and moves.

But Ana probably would have been more entertaining because she hasn't thought of words since 1st grade and thinks vocabularies are an old person thing.

Also Jackson pissed himself in the HOH. Really hugely and to the cheers of the 6. And then he fell in it. I just feel we needed that context since the show left it out.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Oh my god, Kat has cemented herself as being my favourite.

STAC Goat posted:

Also Jackson pissed himself in the HOH. Really hugely and to the cheers of the 6. And then he fell in it. I just feel we needed that context since the show left it out.

drat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm glad Jackson got an episode that showed a little bit of the rear end in a top hat he is.

Otherwise you know an episode/week is bad when the HOH takes up half of it and they actually include a HOH room reveal. Also they really ramp up the soundtrack effort.

"But we're the dumbest ones."

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009
Watching the show tonight I thought of STAC's theory about Jackson learning everything he knows from television and movies when he asked Holly "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?"

I mean, who talks like that in real life? Not to mention the heavy dose of misogyny.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I mean I've heard people say it in real life before. Usually at least half facetiously though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's kind of the thing. Jackson says phrases like that which like, yeah, you hear in real life sometimes if kind of ironically or as a gag. But then he keeps saying them. Over and over. Sincerely. He'll string like 3 into a sentence. Its bizarre once you listen for it, especially on the feeds when you can just hear him talk at length.

I'm totally joking about the "learned english from commercial and bumper stickers" thing. But I don't have another explanation for how someone talks like that. Besides maybe "what a dumb person thinks sounds eloquent."

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Did Jackson go to college? He could have been one of those high school kids that never went to English class but was given a C- because he was on the football team and is effectively illiterate.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

zapplez posted:

Did Jackson go to college? He could have been one of those high school kids that never went to English class but was given a C- because he was on the football team and is effectively illiterate.

He went to Tennessee. You're welcome to debate how much that counts.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

This has been such a garbage season.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah there is just nothing interesting game wise, along with really awful people this year.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, that's the thing. These are awful people playing no game.

Maybe it'll get interesting when the 6 explode?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never really expect it to get fun but that probably depends on if you enjoy toxic people being assholes to each other. I don't really.

But like, if the 6 doesn't implode soon it won't amount to much. End games are rarely as interesting as early games. Once you get down to 6 or whatever its all pretty straightforward and a matter of who wins HOH/POV. The scrambling and gameplay usually gives way to inertia. That only stays interesting if you have a really electric player dodging bullets.

That's what's so terrible about this season (besides the cast being so hateable). Its been the boring "who wins HOH, now we know how the week will go" game from the start.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I swear, these episodes are like a wheel of who I dislike the most. First Nick, then Jack, then Holly, then Tommy, oh, there's Jackson. Except Nicole. I like her. And Sam. And mostly Kat.

The missing dishonesty of the edit this week is that Tommy was actually DQed from the POV because he tackled a sheep. Dick.

That was a really terrible comp idea. Besides the ethical concerns it was incredibly unfair that one person had to play 3 rounds and the other 2. I mean, that's just undeniably unfair bs. They'll never play this comp again because of what Tommy did but I have no idea why they did it in the first place. Its so poorly designed and very fitting for a season that just feels like no one really cares.

Did we mention last week that Jackson was CONSTANTLY cheating on Have Nots and eating and yet BB never enforced their own rules and punished him with penalty noms/votes?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Previously on Biiiiiiig Brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

...I missed last week because I cared that little.

Or alternatively,

Previously on Biiiiiiig Brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

... BB kept up the good pr.
https://twitter.com/peta/status/115...012376455131136

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 2, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Julie: ITS EXCITING NOW! WE PROMISE!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Feels like there's some dumb moves happening recently. Cliff's insistence to lay low and hope the 6 implodes? Like, yeah, maybe. Kat wanting to go up as a pawn? Doesn't everyone know by this point that pawns go home? This is your plan hoping that the other side will like you more?

Also, Tommy and Christie are really annoying. Like, they don't seem as awful as the other 4 in their alliance, but they make up for it by just being tiring.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christie and Tommy are as bad as their allies, they're just smarter so they mask it under really exhausting nice guy acts.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Classic Big Brother to tease us about how the past 2 hours have been amazing even though the feeds were off. You'd think that when the players are excitedly strategizing live in real time behind Julie they might be willing to go off script and give us a minute or so of that with the audio, but nope! Gotta watch Christie and Tommy wash off some paint to silly music...

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

"Christie is good at this game. She's seeing 3 or 4 moves ahead."

Really? I must have missed this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

"Christie is good at this game. She's seeing 3 or 4 moves ahead."

Really? I must have missed this.

Christie is REALLY good at this game. She's emotional and reckless and its gonna be hard for her to keep putting out her own fires all season, but she's done a scary good job of doing it so far.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Christie is REALLY good at this game. She's emotional and reckless and its gonna be hard for her to keep putting out her own fires all season, but she's done a scary good job of doing it so far.

Hm, they haven't really shown this on TV. So far it's just her being an emotional wreck.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OMG Jackson on the couch!

Twin Cinema posted:

Hm, they haven't really shown this on TV. So far it's just her being an emotional wreck.

I mean, i think they've shown it. We've seen her flip targets and convince Cliff to take a terrible deal and generally be at the center of every decision and talk game with everyone in the house.

The emotional meltdowns just kind of distract us from it because we don't usually have someone who is a mastermind AND an emotional wreck. Vanessa would have her moments but she was much more in control of herself than Christie is. Christie has a ton of control of the game and very little control of herself.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am willing to accept that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fan Favorite Nicole gets question.

Oh God, BB, no one watching feeds cared about this dance, why do you?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

How long did they practice that?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah Christie is the only person who keeps her lies straight. She’s good. But is also part of a terrible alliance that has dominated so, eh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

How long did they practice that?

On and off most of the week. Christie and Tommy use house activities like that to discourage and distract from gameplay.

Max posted:

Yeah Christie is the only person who keeps her lies straight. She’s good. But is also part of a terrible alliance that has dominated so, eh.

Yeah, its kind of enigma that is Christie. She tells WAY too many lies and plays WAY too many games, but its really insane how good she is at keeping it all straight and cleaning up after herself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really like Sam, but I wish he could turn it down like 5%.

I also like Kat so this is a sad moment.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Uh, what the gently caress happened?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well Nicole, Christie, AND Jackson voting out Sam doesn't bode well for him having some kind of contingent to save him.

Twin Cinema posted:

SOOOOO much.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Twin Cinema posted:

No way to know because they cut the feeds and won't show any of what went down in the past few hours right now but based off of Christie's vote alone it's probably still Sam going home. Which is fine b/c I like Kat

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I hope I’m proved wrong but literally no one in this game wants to take a shot and wants someone else to do it. It’ll be Sam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That’s that.