Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Looking forward to trying out new erangel tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I randomly booted up PUBG for the first time in many months a few nights ago, dropped into a Solo FPP match on Sanhok and I somehow snagged the win alongside 6 total kills.

I was baffled by the fact that I was able to pull this off after not touching a shooter for so long.

So now that I got a little taste of victory I went ahead and joined the discord posted on the last page and I hope to catch a few squad games with fellow goons and actually get back into the game without having to drop solo all the time.

Looking forward to chasing that same high for the next few months and never actually getting it again!

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Blowdryer posted:

https://discord.gg/JtTbBJ3 This is the discord people play on.

Quoting because this was at the end of the last page.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Those of us with not top of the line hardware, gtx 1060, how's the new map as far as performance? Have there been any noticable optimizing on Vikendi or Miramar?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Blowdryer posted:

https://discord.gg/JtTbBJ3 This is the discord people play on.

Come play this dead game with us.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
lol
https://clips.twitch.tv/NurturingAmericanPhoneRickroll

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Yep, that's PUBG alright.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It was funny because I got to that compound about 0.5 seconds before she (might) have heard me, the clicky keyboard may have given me another second.... pure circle luck. Amazing to find a non-salt streamer though.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Doors and corners man, that's where they get ya

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Salean posted:

Doors and corners man, that's where they get ya

That bathroom must have changed, gotta look wide left now before checking behind the door.

Or just nade it.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Holy gently caress how can anyone stand using keyboards that loud.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

MX Cherry Blues 4 Life.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Big announcement for OC boys

OC servers have, after loving nearly a year, finally been fixed. Last night we did squads, duos, and a couple of solos (all fpp), and experienced <1m queue times, full games, and all on OC servers.

Jump back in for the boys.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Huh, they actually got around to fixing those servers? I'd congratulate Bluehole but, uh, having the game function is their basic job, so....

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

abigserve posted:

Big announcement for OC boys

OC servers have, after loving nearly a year, finally been fixed. Last night we did squads, duos, and a couple of solos (all fpp), and experienced <1m queue times, full games, and all on OC servers.

Jump back in for the boys.

Most I got was 50 players on FPS Solo in OC. Was around 30 by 9pm. Waiting time was around 4 to 5 minutes, but some were as low as 2.

Been waiting 5 minutes so far as now, went to switch to AS when it offered and it seems broke as it too failed to connect after 4 minutes. Trying again.

Somethings not right somewhere.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I will say I did have one solo game that was like that. Maybe solo is still broken

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hellsau posted:

Huh, they actually got around to fixing those servers? I'd congratulate Bluehole but, uh, having the game function is their basic job, so....

How is population a Bluehole problem?

The servers aren't broken. The player base just isn't large enough in that specific region to get games going on a consistent basis.

TPP/FPP --> Solo/Duo/Squad --> MAP ---> Need 100 people.

That's a lot of variables that people want to play, in a small region. You can obviously reduce this by removing modes and removing map selection and such, but you still need a large base to start populating servers. They could also push the OCE region into other region servers... but then... ping issues. The servers aren't broken.

NA servers at non prime times still horrible queue times for certain modes.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 26, 2019

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

whoa now I think I'm gonna have to revoke your gamer card

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Would you please stop inferring that the game is dead?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

VulgarandStupid posted:

Would you please stop inferring that the game is dead?

The game is alive and well imo. I can get home every night from work and hop on any mode I want. On the weekends I can hop on any mode I want (other than early morning).

But the game takes a large population to run, and if the servers aren't getting that large population, the queue times will be bad.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The servers aren't broken. The player base just isn't large enough in that specific region to get games going on a consistent basis.

TPP/FPP --> Solo/Duo/Squad --> MAP ---> Need 100 people.

That's a lot of variables that people want to play, in a small region. You can obviously reduce this by removing modes and removing map selection and such, but you still need a large base to start populating servers. They could also push the OCE region into other region servers... but then... ping issues. The servers aren't broken.

naw the OCE servers were actual broke where even if a bunch of people queued up at once they wouldn't function, then people just stopped trying so the servers stayed permabroke.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this new russia map is pretty loving great

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm looking forward to when the random map rotation excludes Sanhok, and they desperately need more optimization on Vikendi especially daytime with the persistent snow particles. Always get massive frame drops on that map in the daytime.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Jiro posted:

I'm looking forward to when the random map rotation excludes Sanhok

This but Miramar, bitch

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I killed a popular streamer last night I guess (found on pubg.report) and his chat called me a hacker haha.

edit: the streamer himself also accused me of using radar hacks. The thing was is that it wasn't even that spectacular of a kill.

edit2: vod here: https://mixer.com/Archonaut?vod=KfzxxPeyJUiCrEYRQOhxaQ Skip to 1h 37m 28s

kiwid fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 29, 2019

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

kiwid posted:

I killed a popular streamer last night I guess (found on pubg.report) and his chat called me a hacker haha.

edit: the streamer himself also accused me of using radar hacks. The thing was is that it wasn't even that spectacular of a kill.

edit2: vod here: https://mixer.com/Archonaut?vod=KfzxxPeyJUiCrEYRQOhxaQ Skip to 1h 37m 28s

hacker

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
To be fair had I been in his shoes I would have questioned that kill as well.

Guess you just looked at the right place at the right time!

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kiwid posted:

It looks like you have lock-on during the replay. Was your ping really high?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Replays are still bad for showing anything but positioning and/or health (which you can just spectate right away for health).

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

zapplez posted:

My ping was ~35-40ms.

Vert + comp on M416 + crouching when spraying has hardly any recoil. Crouching being the key. A lot of players don't crouch when they spray and are doing a disservice to themselves.

Oh do you mean my aim snapped to him? I don't know. Like the other guy said replays are bad with that. My stats would be better if I was aimbotting, I assure you: https://pubg.op.gg/user/Mortsy

kiwid fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 29, 2019

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

zapplez posted:

The replays just look like that a lot of the time because they're broken.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

kiwid posted:

maybe you should stop using radar, you filthy hacker

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

please turn your monitor off while playing for a fair gameplay environment

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The Mash posted:

This but Miramar, bitch

Some of us like playing the survival and foraging part of a BR. :colbert:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Weirdest loving poo poo happened just now, two motorcycles one two seater and one three seater just loving burst into literal flames tires popped the works. Anyone else have this happen to them? It was at the set of houses just east of George containers in the garage with the second floor.

Edit: I'm spectating my duos partner and we both think this poo poo is happening to the entire map. Every vehicle he comes across tires popped.

Edit2: No firing on any vehicle, BUT proximity to the George mountain may have been some weird rear end glitch. Happened to every vehicle around it.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 1, 2019

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I've seen a lot of very weird bugs since the Erangel revamp. Going prone sent my partner flying about 15 feet straight into the air. Vehicles flipping for no reason while driving on a straight road. A lot of weird sound glitches - oddly quiet and loud footsteps for a given range is the only one that I've noticed that impacted gameplay. At least one smoke that just never went off.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Servers in NA down for anyone else?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
2 seat motorcycles endo much much easier now it seems. Used to not be too much of an issue but now they feel like a liability offroad.

Last night I buzzed past a group firing on me, endo'd it, bailed midair and took about 2/3 damage. Run back to the bike that is slowly tumbling sideways downhill, furiously hit F before I get shot. Bike somehow just kills me

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Willfrey posted:

2 seat motorcycles endo much much easier now it seems. Used to not be too much of an issue but now they feel like a liability offroad.

Last night I buzzed past a group firing on me, endo'd it, bailed midair and took about 2/3 damage. Run back to the bike that is slowly tumbling sideways downhill, furiously hit F before I get shot. Bike somehow just kills me

Yes but I believe the lean corrections are much more sensitive now too which sort of cancels it out?

I do agree though that taking damage while trying to pick the bike back up is bullshit. Happens to me often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm having a situation where the game basically takes 45-60 seconds to start trying to load the lobby in between rounds, I've moved the install directory, I've uninstalled/reinstalled and done some other poo poo to try and get it to stop, but nothing's taken. Anyone have any idea what is causing this?
https://clips.twitch.tv/SpoopyModernStrawberryOpieOP

Soarer posted:

I have this exact same issue. The time varies for me. Sometimes it really just hangs. Once it hits the "initializing" phase it snaps right to lobby like it used to. Very annoying and I seem to be the only one in my play group that suffers from it.

Trying to fix the game and reinstalling did not help the situation.

After spending entirely way too much time on this bullshit, I have learned it's 100% a bluehole problem that they hosed up in June and haven't managed to address yet since. Essentially for some lucky people (there is no particular consistency with who gets it or why), there's a problem because your game client sends the "Hey I hit ready" signal back to their servers less often than it did prior to an update in June and as a result their shitass lobby server asks once or something and if they miss the window to connect, then a timeout occurs (for unknown reasons, there's all sorts of high end connections/builds having this happen) and it isn't ever connecting the two as being "Hey we're all ready let's go to the lobby of the dolls and look at our missions" now like it did before.

Happening to all sorts of ISP's/routers/modems, connection speeds, computer builds (including AMD, ruling out the nvidia highlights theory), and there's a few stickied threads + a bunch of new/non-stickied's on their support forums now with new posts happening more frequently over the last 2-3 weeks, including many posts today/the last 12 hours as it occurs to more people for no reason.

Some people think you might be able to force an external IP reset to fix it, I haven't tried that yet.

But running the game through a VPN (to my stupid office, lol) fixes it - I think. Not sure how playable the game will be on the VPN until I try in an hour or so.

A guy 'splains this theory more in-depth close to the bottom on page 5 of this thread - where he's doing Bluehole's work for them while they sit there quietly, apparently:
https://forums.pubg.com/topic/334264-getting-stuck-in-lobby-after-ending-match/page/5/