Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
None of the top teams in the world want him, and not just because of his wages. He's not the footballer he was a few years ago.

Was shocking for us in the last round of qualifiers. When Ramsey's fit I'd drop him for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/1155052728525164544?s=19

Poor Zaha, tapped up for nothing

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

sassassin posted:

None of the top teams in the world want him, and not just because of his wages. He's not the footballer he was a few years ago.

Was shocking for us in the last round of qualifiers. When Ramsey's fit I'd drop him for sure.

He isn't as he once was, but but he's still a really good player, especially if he actually started giving a poo poo. If he went to a team that played him week in and week out he'd do a great job. I just dont believe that with lower wages big teams wouldnt snap him up. He's on 600 grand a week at Real, if he was on say 100-200k I would bet my house one of Man United, Tottenham, Arsenal etc would sign him if we're just talking about the premier league and if not any big Italian side, PSG etc would take him for the reputation alone. Hell Robben was still playing for Bayern at 35 and just retired and Bale would have been a good replacement even for just a couple of years. If he really wanted top level football he could get it. Real Madrid would probably accept next to nothing in this market to get him off their hands too.

Dont know much about this guy, but better or worse than Zaha? Obviously Zaha has prem league experience so there's that.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Congrats on signing the new Gervinho, Arsenal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

God drat that came out of nowhere

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

blue footed boobie posted:

God drat that came out of nowhere

Seriously. All week it was will Pepe go to United? Will he go to Liverpool? Maybe Juventus? PSG? Real? Oh wait, Arsenal. On installments.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Looks like Hamez will be staying with Real Madrid since Asensio is going to miss at least 8 months due to cruciate ligament injury.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

:psyduck:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The grandest of football experiments: three world-class forwards and zero remotely-decent defenders and midfielders

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What?????

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Get French football news dont sound all that reliable but they think we've bid €8m for Stanley n'soki but psg want 12 and talks have been going for a couple of weeks

We've been linked with him for ages which seems odd since he's only 20

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Just Chamber posted:

He isn't as he once was, but but he's still a really good player, especially if he actually started giving a poo poo. If he went to a team that played him week in and week out he'd do a great job. I just dont believe that with lower wages big teams wouldnt snap him up. He's on 600 grand a week at Real, if he was on say 100-200k I would bet my house one of Man United, Tottenham, Arsenal etc would sign him if we're just talking about the premier league and if not any big Italian side, PSG etc would take him for the reputation alone. Hell Robben was still playing for Bayern at 35 and just retired and Bale would have been a good replacement even for just a couple of years. If he really wanted top level football he could get it. Real Madrid would probably accept next to nothing in this market to get him off their hands too.

Lol imagine taking 400-500k less per week for any reason lmao

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Especially given that the China option is apparently paying him close to a million a week, you're asking him to drop £800k every week.

Nah.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I actually appreciate Bale more for milking Real for every dime. All this fan talk of “He should make millions less to play professionally elsewhere because reasons I can spout off online but would never actually do if I were in his shoes” can do one

Nobody is passing on millions of dollars mate

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Has anyone gone to real and had a good time of it? Even the players who were successful on the pitch have been subject to tax lawsuits or done some big time rapes. Cursed club.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Bale won the CL three consecutive times and some people are criticizing him for not going somewhere to do gently caress knows instead of a million a week lmfao

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

hadji murad posted:

Bale won the CL three consecutive times and some people are criticizing him for not going somewhere to do gently caress knows instead of a million a week lmfao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Carroll wants to come home which is cool if gets a pay as you play deal that won't interfere with other transfers too much. We need 2 more strikers realistically anyway

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol imagine taking 400-500k less per week for any reason lmao

Buy what about ~the love of the game~

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The idea that athletes should lose millions to appease fans is one of the weirdest tropes in sports.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Is China actually paying crazy salaries on time these days? I vaguely remember the first few big names to go over had issues with not actually getting paid what their contract said, but no idea if that was common even then or still happening.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

China is similar to Qatar in that the club owners will randomly screw you out of money except they don't keep your documents.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Robert Skov to Hoffenheim. Club record for us and all, but I just want my Robert Skov baaaaaaaaaaack :cripes:

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 27, 2019

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Has anyone gone to real and had a good time of it? Even the players who were successful on the pitch have been subject to tax lawsuits or done some big time rapes. Cursed club.

Steve McManaman

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

The idea that athletes should lose millions to appease fans is one of the weirdest tropes in sports.

Especially because they've only got a limited window to make almost all of the money that'll sustain them for the next 50+ years with their hosed up knees, hips, and backs.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Alonso seemed to enjoy it. Modric too

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1155085444369006592?s=20

Jesus Vallejo to Wolves on a season-long loan is a done deal.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Thomas Gravesen had a good season before nearly totalling Robinho during a training session and then scaring Fabio Capello.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Blinkz0rz posted:

Especially because they've only got a limited window to make almost all of the money that'll sustain them for the next 50+ years with their hosed up knees, hips, and backs.

In real countries, healthcare is a right, and not something people have to save for.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Reprisal posted:

In real countries, healthcare is a right, and not something people have to save for.

Dang bud you really zinged all the people in this forum who passionately defend the American healthcare system

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CyberPingu posted:

Alonso seemed to enjoy it. Modric too

Modric did some big time tax fraud iirc

Alonso is a unique gentleman

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bale scored the winning goal in two CL finals (one of which was the greatest of all time and better than his cranky coach’s goal) so he doesn’t need to prove poo poo to anyone.

If I were Bale I would just learn one phrase in Spanish and Mandarin, and that would be “Cut them checks.”

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
e: nm

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Modric did some big time tax fraud iirc

I thought Modric got in trouble for lying in the investigation to Dinamo Zagreb’s chairman or something.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I thought Modric got in trouble for lying in the investigation to Dinamo Zagreb’s chairman or something.

He can do two crimes at once and get biting remarks from Croatian fans everytime he plays tbh.

Edit: Also gentleman Xabi is indeed in trouble because of taxes, almost all Real players haven't paid taxes on image rights iirc.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 27, 2019

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Arsenal sold a kid

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49140762

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ryan Shawcross transferred to karma FC, breaking his own ankle while Aaron Ramsey lives it up on £400k a week.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If that article is true sounds like be might be really good and went to a poo poo team so he could be in the first team

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

reminds me of some idiot on this forum saying Courtois is better than Kepa

5 goals in the first half... unbelievable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Big Huski Boi posted:

Dang bud you really zinged all the people in this forum who passionately defend the American healthcare system

The “they need the money to support themselves when they get old” thing is a uniquely American Football Watcher’s opinion is what Im trying to say.

The global answer is that they want to get paid and that is normal human incentive at work. It’s not complicated.