Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Ok so I have been monitoring my throttling situation with gigabit ATT (no data cap).

I stopped downloading, and my monthly billing rolled over to the new month. At that point I was back to 70-80MB/sec.

Then after getting some more stuff in a short duration, I am back down to 25MB/sec. Which to be fair is totally doable. I don't NEED those max speeds, I am describing these differences for anyone who may be interested in the service.

Given what I've seen so far, it appears that once you are on the "downloads a shitload" list, you can easily get back on it when downloading hundreds of gigabytes, but if you keep your downloading below downloading so much, you may never get on that list.

One of the weird things that happened is that my internet price went from $80 a month for unlimited gigabit to $40. I have absolutely no idea why, but I checked my billing when the cycle rolled over and here we are. Nothing has changed EXCEPT my data speed has been cut down, practically speaking.

This creates more questions than it answers, but I was charged half price for my broadband this month, which again, I get that makes no sense but it's a data point that confuses the poo poo out of me.

Use this information as you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

At&T billing are useless. I’m heading into the store for the 3rd time tonight to try resolve my issues of either being out on the wrong tiers, or being charged the wrong amount. At least yours seems to be in the right direction as long as they don’t end up screwing you.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

EL BROMANCE posted:

At&T billing are useless. I’m heading into the store for the 3rd time tonight to try resolve my issues of either being out on the wrong tiers, or being charged the wrong amount. At least yours seems to be in the right direction as long as they don’t end up screwing you.

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I actually checked my history after you brought this up and it's unbelievable if you view it as a whole (though I've only been subscribed for 2 months).

So the gigabit internet is actually $70 a month, not 80 as I thought. But here are my service invoices, with setup being free:

First month $70
Random mid-month completely unexplained charge $13??
Second month $40

What the poo poo...? Ok so I go even deeper into the billing and they lay out your promotions. The original charge was $100, but they reduce it by $30 which is where you get the $70. But they double applied the $30 promo.

So it looks I was charged the right amount the first month, then the promo somehow doubled up and now I'm $40 a month (I think that's just for the first year). That still doesn't explain the mystery $13 charge, and the bill itself doesn't say what it's for, it just says "for internet" which makes no sense. There are no data caps so it's definitely not a case of charging for extra usage.

Good times. Like you said at least it's in a good direction, but I would rather just know that my bill was correct because for all I know they're going to keep three stooging this poo poo. So I guess I'll just have to keep a close eye on it from now on.

For all I know they'll realize their mistake and just poo poo out a $300 invoice at the end of the promo period, who even knows at this point.

Taima fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 27, 2019

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Opinions on Tweaknews? Bout to pull the tigger on their sale they are running for an unlimited account

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

canyonero posted:

.in seems to be a complete port of .org and includes the inline image previews.

Can’t be a complete port, it doesn’t have my account :v:

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Syano posted:

Opinions on Tweaknews? Bout to pull the tigger on their sale they are running for an unlimited account

I use their block accounts. Seem fine.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
I flaked because I saw some other reports in other spots indicating Tweaknews wasn't the best. I did pick up a block from them though so there's that.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
I lost my drunkenslug password and the link to remember it doesn't send anything. Is there a way to contact them?

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
They have a little form for emailing them. If you want to pm me a username, email and message I'd be happy to send it on your behalf.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Syano posted:

They are great for a block backup, not sure about unlimited but was fine in the past. They are slow to pull down stuff so as a backup they often have stuff others don't.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Posting in both here and the Plex thread as hopefully positive news from TVDB for everyone :

quote:

Flexible Seasons
Over the years, we've heard your complaints about how our episodes don't match up to what you'd expect. We know that some series, like “Firefly,” make far more sense sorted by Joss Whedon's preferred order rather than the order the episodes were aired. We know that our old air date, DVD, and absolute ordering system was restrictive and at times annoying.

To get around these issues, we've implemented what we’re calling flexible seasons. Our moderators are now able to enable any number of alternate orders for specific series (at their discretion). The episodes exist outside the season structure, which means each episode can be attached to various types of seasons without needing to recreate the episode (and cause management issues).

Not only does this allow us to handle things like Director's Preferred and Popular season types, but also gives us flexibility over series that use joined or split episodes depending on the format. For example, “Looney Tunes” episodes that were originally aired individually, but later joined into two-part episodes, can now be structured both ways. It allows “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” to be split in both the official structure (by seasons) and the common sense structure (by parts).

As with everything else in Version 3, adjustments will be necessary to streamline this approach for both users and moderators, but we think it’s the best long-term solution to the biggest issue that has plagued the site.

I'm sure the people who run the place will still find a way to cause nothing but headaches, but it feels like it might be a step in the right direction at long last.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What does “common sense structure” mean in the context of Sabrina? All the episodes are chronological by “parts” which are just another word for “season” so I don’t get it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't watch the show, but maybe what Netflix considers S1 and S2 other people would consider just S1? Or perhaps the opposite?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't watch the show, but maybe what Netflix considers S1 and S2 other people would consider just S1? Or perhaps the opposite?

Well, Wikipedia says “Part 1” and “Part 2” are technically “Season 1” but one was released in 2018 and the other was released in 2019, and both parts are ~11 episodes long with more or less self-contained storylines.

I mean I guess “other people” might consider it all S1 and officially it is but… potato potato

This seems like a weird thing to get stuck on that you have to implement new functionality into software for and using it as an example of why it was needed.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 31, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm guessing it's because it's TheTVDB and there's no way they'd mention a show that people have been hounding them for years about for being laid out in the most moronic of ways. Just pick something recent that could have a different interpretation and walk away as fast as possible.

e: looking at thexem.de entry for Sabrina, it looks like the scene labels it all as S01 and it's The TVDB who decided to split it as S1 and S2, so it is actually one of their dumb things afterall.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I hope that this means that someone will come up with an easy solution to fix American Dad because I am so done trying to manually wrangle this loving show

VV even without having sonarr automate it and trying to find the right episodes with the right names manually was too much of a pain, I still don't know which releases are doing it properly and which aren't and I can't be arsed anymore :cry:

Fano fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 31, 2019

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Fano posted:

I hope that this means that someone will come up with an easy solution to fix American Dad because I am so done trying to manually wrangle this loving show

This is the one show I have off in sonarr and just manually do.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I'm about to find out if Sonarr using XEM has done the last season or two of AD! correctly, it *usually* does but there was a bunch of episodes earlier this year that appeared way too early so we shall see. It's almost like DVRing the drat thing would be easier.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Ghost Adventures is all messed up, too, production order vs air order or whatever. Not that I watch it. :colbert: I think a lot of Travel Channel stuff is weird.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I've been trying to figure this out and just can't seem to come across an answer that doesn't end with :shrug:

I grabbed 2 episodes via NZBHydra. NZBGet shows them as complete and downloaded to C:\ProgramData\NZBGet\complete\. I check there, it's empty. I check where Sonarr should've put the files. They aren't there.

I recently changed my NZBGet folders to D:\NZBGet\. I check there, nothing. Where did these files go? I don't have anything blacklisted aside from NZBGet defaults so it isn't deleting the files AFAIK.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Open Powershell
Get-Childitem –Path C:\ -Include *MOVIENAME*,*.MP4,*.MKV -File -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
Get-Childitem –Path D:\ -Include *MOVIENAME*,*.MP4,*.MKV -File -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Mustache Ride posted:

Open Powershell
Get-Childitem –Path C:\ -Include *MOVIENAME*,*.MP4,*.MKV -File -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
Get-Childitem –Path D:\ -Include *MOVIENAME*,*.MP4,*.MKV -File -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Didn't find them with those. I can only assume it deleted them for some unknown reason. I have it happen on rare occasions so I wasn't sure if it was something I misconfigured or not.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Irritated Goat posted:

Didn't find them with those. I can only assume it deleted them for some unknown reason. I have it happen on rare occasions so I wasn't sure if it was something I misconfigured or not.

Sonarr has log files, the default INFO level sometimes helps, better if you can change to DEBUG though for detailed views on its decisions.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I was wondering if i could get some educated input on sane values to put in the Sonarr/Radarr Quality Definitions size limit settings? 60gig+ movies files and etc seem a bit large to me, i cant really tell the difference between a 15gig movie and a 60gig one (watching on a giant projector screen with max 1080p only).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Most of them can be left as a default unless you find they start causing issues - I often find it's more the minimum size that's a problem than max. Standard blu-ray rips that aren't specifically marked as .REMUX. will for most movies stay under the 20gb mark even with high quality soundtracks, which is often where a lot of filesizes get big. Even remuxes tend to max out around the 40gb mark for the most part too. The only stuff that tends to break this are 4K remuxes which can jump up to around the 80-90gb area.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
But they will probably be tagged with 4k tag yeah? If, so i can just reset everything to default and make a profile that won't get anything bigger than 1080p.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep, most stuff is tagged pretty well these days so Remuxes* will have REMUX tags, and 4K will have .2160p. tags. Radarr is pretty smart about what it will grab, add a few movies in then do a manual search and it'll bring back a list of what it finds and it'll mark out the ones it won't grab due to quality reasons.

1080p including WEB and BLU-RAY with BLU-RAY as my cut off is generally my default. I'll then bump specific things up to allow remux or 4K as I see fit.

* I forgot to mention in the last post that in case you didn't know what a remux was, this is when you take a blu-ray disc and essentially make a bit-perfect copy of the video with whichever audio tracks you want, plus subs. No extras, menus or anything. Just one large video that matches the original disc.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I have a compulsion to get the highest quality possible of everything whether or not I have the equipment to display it...whether it's a stupid sitcom or The Big Movie Of The Year.

Who knows, one day I just might have an 8k projector with a 20 foot screen?!?!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m fighting against that compulsion with archiving stuff. HEVC has come on really well, and it’s quite impressive how good a 2gb 1080p movie can look. I don’t dare A/B it to the source, but if I’ve seen something already then it’s usually fine for a second watch and I know I can always get a better version if I need the best quality for a rewatch. I just consider it a cable/netflix quality archive of what I want.

Also 720p sitcoms at 1/4 the file size means I’ll keep stuff without too much worry. 1080p versions first time around, of course.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Do you just search yourself, or do you use something other than Sonarr? Would love to give myself fully to HEVC, but Sonarr doesn't support it and I don't think it's universally available enough to require it in searches.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That stuff I tend to do by hand, then manually import into Sonarr and set it to be unmonitored before it gets any wise ideas.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

The Modern Leper posted:

Do you just search yourself, or do you use something other than Sonarr? Would love to give myself fully to HEVC, but Sonarr doesn't support it and I don't think it's universally available enough to require it in searches.

Can't you set keyword preferences in profiles? Make two profiles and set the hevc one as preferred.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I've only really played with keywords in radarr, and I think that only sets them at the indexer level. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

Use the beta branch Sonarr v3, it is very stable. It has a new thing called Release Profiles which lets you add keywords and values to further rank what it finds with the traditional Quality Profiles. With that you can prefer HEVC over x264 if it finds them in the archive. I also use to to prefer certain multi-channel audio variants over others. It works pretty good.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Has NZB Cat died? Last I heard it was having provider issues.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I'm seeing that it's down. Last activity for me was weeks ago.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
Yeah, I had to turn off cat in Sonarr and Radarr. Luckily I've got three other indexers setup after org went away.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I might need a new one too. Lost nzbs.org too. Only have a free account at DrunkenSlug which is open now btw https://drunkenslug.com/register

What should I get?

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Cat's back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

KingKapalone posted:

I might need a new one too. Lost nzbs.org too. Only have a free account at DrunkenSlug which is open now btw https://drunkenslug.com/register

What should I get?

I've found that nzbnoob has a fair amount of unique stuff, specifically old adult swim shows.