Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Theowulv posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj9vnoCTTpc
They uploaded a video of a discussion between the director, producer and character designer. They mention they wanted to expand on the bond between Thorkell and Asgeir. I always liked Asgeir even if he only has a couple of moments in the whole manga so that's cool.

It's been a while since I read the early parts, so, uh...

Who's Asgeir again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

chiasaur11 posted:

Who's Asgeir again?

Thorkell's second in command

this guy

Theowulv fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 25, 2019

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Thorkell's mom

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
huh neat I just noticed he put an end to thorkell's duels exactly 100 chapters apart. chapter 41 and 141 respectively

Theowulv fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 25, 2019

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Theowulv posted:

Thorkell's second in command

this guy

Ah, right!

Yeah, he's cool.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it took 163 chapters for the best character to be properly introduce in vinland saga

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Can't wait to read next week's Hattland Saga

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Otoyomegatari continues it's backtrack with Mr. Smith and Talas. We're back to the house of the lesbians Sworn sisters and much merrymaking is to be expected.

Talas is best girl I will furiously debate anyone who disagrees. :colbert:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think this chapter explains why Talas has been so much more...reserved than she was before. She's basically been constantly afraid that this is all going to blow up and Smith will die before the marriage actually happens because that's how it's been with all of her husbands, basically.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
man, what a great chapter. I love how mori can consistently spin amazing chapters out of characters having a simple conversation. it's just an absolute pleasure to read

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I love how the pages with the wives are just covered in shoujo flowers

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mori: "Girls? Girls girls. Girls girls gurls! GIRLS!"

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Rody One Half posted:

She's right.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh I agree.

Also tbf this isn't even half as self indulgent for her as that hair chapter.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Speaking of which, I kinda love how the two sworn sisters' hair is basically drawn as a liquid.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

"Also, cat."

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

*Banging desk* "BIG. PERSIAN. TIDDIES!"

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Quote from Dad after watching episode 4 of Vinland Saga:

"I was hoping Thors would stick around longer. :("

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
He was a very good dad, I completely get it.
The best part is now he gets to experience a really lovely dad in the form of Askeladd, so that's fun.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Is Vinland saga the manga where there's a panel with an owl saying something along the lines of, "you took these lands by violence, are you suprised that we have done the same?"

I recall it was in the op of a thread in this subforum, and I think it was Vin.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

always be closing posted:

Is Vinland saga the manga where there's a panel with an owl saying something along the lines of, "you took these lands by violence, are you suprised that we have done the same?"
Yeah it is

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Thanks!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I went back and re-read Planetes again and man it still held up well. A little more japan-centric humor in it than a lot of stuff but still a good story.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

That Works posted:

I went back and re-read Planetes again and man it still held up well. A little more japan-centric humor in it than a lot of stuff but still a good story.
I always remember how strongly it starts with Yuri's story. Some of those panels at the end are gorgeous.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
New Vinland Saga chapter: https://readms.net/r/vinland_saga/164/6136/1

Sigurd made his dad proud and seems to have absorbed Thorfinn's philosophy :allears:

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 28, 2019

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
No wonder Sigurd is such tsundere. He gets it all from his father. :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
sigurd finally gets to be a badass in the form of the No gently caress You Dad tag personified

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That Works posted:

i love planetes so much! i still keep my copy of it safe and pull it out for a read every year or so

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Super good chapter. Sigurd kinda owns.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

:golfclap:

i flunked out posted:

Super good chapter. Sigurd kinda owns.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

i flunked out posted:

Sigurd's mom owns

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Bride's Tale In which Mr. Hawkins writes a letter and we get to meet the Smith Family.
The translator has also decided to drop this series after this chapter so kudos to them for keeping up with this for 6 years.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Thank you Duralumin. Without you and some of my friends back in the day I never qould be found this gem of a manga.
You da best.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I hope someone picks it up. Or my bookstore gets better about having the most recent official stuff regularly, if that’s caught up.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Thanks, Duralumin, for the 6 year translation effort! If they still post here, that is. I think A Bride’s Story was one of my first exposures to the historical manga genre, so I’ll always remember it fondly.

I’ve been slowly picking up the ebooks for this series on BookWalker (along with Blissful Land, excited for the 4th volume next week). Feels great to marathon all the chapters and zoom in on all the art spreads :)

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

How did Sigurd of all people become so cool.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Galvanik posted:

How did Sigurd of all people become so cool.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i don't know if i'll survive if i have to wait for the official volumes of otoyomegatari to drop

by the time i get the day one official release of a volume it's usually my third or fourth time reading the chapters

i get the scanlator's decision, but i need someone else to pick this up asap

GhostofJohnMuir fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 31, 2019

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Thanks for the translation Duralumin! Otoyomegatari is one of the mangas I recommend to everyone who might be interested in manga.

Btw, I've been reading Mukurozumi no Borute after looking at what else you've translated and man is it dark. So much healing required but none really in the offing. Simply more hatred building up as a backlash from previous wrongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat that owned