Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

orange juche posted:

While he's not wrong that west Baltimore sucks pretty hard, lots of people live there, and he's a hosed up person for mocking the people who live there.

I haven't seen it mentioned on here, but he was basically regurgitating the racist poo poo he saw on a Fox News segment, again, plus a little of extra racism for that bit of spice.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1155075727483637761

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1155098467695550465

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

“I’m running out of polite ways to say this...”

So stop being polite about it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

I haven't seen it mentioned on here, but he was basically regurgitating the racist poo poo he saw on a Fox News segment, again, plus a little of extra racism for that bit of spice.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1155075727483637761

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1155098467695550465

Yeah fox news basically has about a 30s delay between poo poo on screen and POTUS tweeting about it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

IDF going to take the hitting tires with sledgehammers from Crossfit and instead cave in Palestinian children's skulls with sledgehammers

The last video I saw involving IDF and a tire, the tire won.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Conveniently ignoring that his district also contains one of the wealthiest areas in the country. Not that that even matters and I'm sure Trump doesn't know it anyway. For the sake of this argument let us forget Marylands hilarious gerrymandering.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh my god I've found it. The most snowflakiest tweet ever

https://twitter.com/danemayer/status/1155203588534071296

Haha holy poo poo

The Inner Harbor area is highly policed and brightly lit, and clean. Your biggest risk there is having someone snatch your wallet or purse.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 27, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1155205025121132545

many sides, many sides

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I guess he had some bad oysters?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What the actual gently caress. Straight up protecting far right street thugs. They may as well start wearing brown to the police know to ignore them.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

:yooge: Antifa, who regularly go around painting picture of tunnels onto the side of rock cliffs so that our brave American patriots smash into it at full speed thinking it is real. Very sad, many such cases.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

orange juche posted:

Oh my god I've found it. The most snowflakiest tweet ever

https://twitter.com/danemayer/status/1155203588534071296

Haha holy poo poo

The Inner Harbor area is highly policed and brightly lit, and clean. Your biggest risk there is having someone snatch your wallet or purse.

My daughter loves aquariums and we always have to go there for the National Aquarium when we visit family in DC. I guess I must be running out of luck going so often.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

My daughter loves aquariums and we always have to go there for the National Aquarium when we visit family in DC. I guess I must be running out of luck going so often.

I guess if you are afraid of seeing people whose skin color is darker than freshly driven snow, Baltimore would be absolutely terrifying?

My "survival strategy" in Baltimore for the last 3+ years has been pretty loving simple. Stay out of areas with high gang activity, and stick to areas that are well lit after nightfall if you're going somewhere unfamiliar. Also, stop being so loving afraid of people I guess, because people who want to gently caress with people will gently caress with people who look scared before they mess with someone who isn't jumping at every shadow. Still keep an eye on poo poo happening behind you though, it's pretty prudent.

Basic street smarts, basically.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 27, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
These pearl clutching dolts don't know how actual humans live their lives. I've gone to north Saint Louis for a loving bacon sandwich.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

e: nm

colachute fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 27, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

colachute posted:

People picture Baltimore, Southside Chicago, Detroit, and the other predominantly African American cities as looking like Vietnam did in the Full Metal Jacket sniper scene.

White bums are way scarier than any black people you will run into in Baltimore.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 27, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

orange juche posted:

White bums are way scarier than any black people you will run into in Baltimore.

Absolutely nothing on earth says "I'm a completely irredeemable piece of poo poo" louder than a french crop haircut.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I -still- know white people who are afraid to go to the city for sporting matches because a riot happened like 5 years ago.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

If you are that terrified, only stay within the blue cop cams. drat.

Don't get me wrong- I grew up in Baltimore, and I know there are areas you just don't gently caress with, but that is every city.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I can barely post these words without violating forums rules.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

IDF going to take the hitting tires with sledgehammers from Crossfit and instead cave in Palestinian children's skulls with sledgehammers

lol over time the average height of the IDF will tend towards 5ft

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

I -still- know white people who are afraid to go to the city for sporting matches because a riot happened like 5 years ago.

I'd like to go to more sports poo poo in the city but I work 2-10 tuesday through saturday, so I only get to deal with the traffic instead of getting to check out cool poo poo happening in the city.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

LingcodKilla posted:

What the actual gently caress. Straight up protecting far right street thugs. They may as well start wearing brown to the police know to ignore them.

Basically yeah, it's working towards the return of brown shirts and making anyone not a Republican illegal.

There is no antifa headquarters to raid, there's no leadership to lock up, there's no membership to hunt down. It's composed entirely of a street movement that springs up to oppose fascism from neighborhood to neighborhood. Saying antifa is illegal is about as coherent as saying anyone who is a fan of punk rock is illegal.

It's not about antifa, it's about setting up a "threat" to "national security" from "radical leftist terrorists" so they can move towards dictatorial suppression of the opposing party. The literal definition of fascism.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

bulletsponge13 posted:

If you are that terrified, only stay within the blue cop cams. drat.

Don't get me wrong- I grew up in Baltimore, and I know there are areas you just don't gently caress with, but that is every city.

East Baltimore is worse anyway as per this post which tbh I'm really just looking for an excuse to share

quote:

I grew up in Da 70's ova eastside born raise Orleans st and collington then late 70's moved on east eager st and bond st. We call it east Afghanistan Da middle east it sit right in Da middle of s.e and n.e Baltimore city any st in dat middle east section frm fed n dad boulevard to chapped hill dash lb. L.a one summary set flag house Hartford road latrobe.greenmount.ave north ave monument st any where in those middle east areas was hardcore living n surviving back in my era until east smaller then west so a lot of *****z on top of *****z in small areas wit a lot male aggression so a murder bound to happen more often west ***** they get money ova their too they get down to do crazy **** too got a lot nice women ova dat side have known dangerous areas and projects live east Murphy homes Lexington terrace edmondson.ave Penn ave mrtyle.ave shout out r.I.p poochie pie they got stick up kids known mfers like we do big dope boys cocaine cowboys like east do drat near Da same but eastside is Da grimy est of all Baltimore *****z gully and disrespectful rear end **** cut throat mfers during Da 90's when Baltimorians had up to 275 to 300 murders a year outta s.e s.w n.e n.w and Da mid west Da heart of east aka Da middle east of bullet land bodymore.65 % of red rum was in Da heart of east charm city I have mad respect for west and kno sum gorilla type go hard mfers n herb $ *****z Dats real n cool as **** ova there did mad state time frm hagerstown.jessup.mhc.Da penitentiary to Md super max I was all them during 88 - 94 came home caught 5yrs more in 99 west *****z in joint go hard fight stab ect but eastside go harder n run **** a lot more switching come frm east cause the calibre crimes dat b committed east make them soft *****z tell they b scared as **** so do their families but they tell every where tho remember part of what they film on the wire was brody.barksdale.and Anthony Jones life two notorious gangsters two different era both made don diva kudos goes out to westside.but eastside is Da illest ran down abandonminuims.****ed up houses and projects crowded packed streets *****z on tip of *****z like sardines in a can even ours ******* grimy have respectful mouths fight and talk like a eastside dude to all kinds of *****z they fine some of em plus phat2def but eastside Da wickest. Big up to baby Afghanistan Da middle east sign b.o.b my middle eastern ne lls

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I love hearing people cry about how scary Minneapolis is. You have to be the most fragile white bread pussy in the world to be scared by Minneapolis.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bird food bathtub posted:

Basically yeah, it's working towards the return of brown shirts and making anyone not a Republican illegal.

There is no antifa headquarters to raid, there's no leadership to lock up, there's no membership to hunt down. It's composed entirely of a street movement that springs up to oppose fascism from neighborhood to neighborhood. Saying antifa is illegal is about as coherent as saying anyone who is a fan of punk rock is illegal.

It's not about antifa, it's about setting up a "threat" to "national security" from "radical leftist terrorists" so they can move towards dictatorial suppression of the opposing party. The literal definition of fascism.

I think fascism is more organized then this.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I like to laugh at my fox news uncle because he says that living in Fairfax county is MS-13 headquarters for the eastern united states and he doesn't feel safe.

He lives in Centreville.

Like uh...ok then.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
trump is now saying that other countries are going to pay back that military money the supreme court said he could have now

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

East Baltimore is worse anyway as per this post which tbh I'm really just looking for an excuse to share

I'm sure you can find an almost identical, opposing post from someone in west baltimore stating they're harder than east baltimore.

That said, Orleans street is definitely not a place people go unless they either live there or are looking for trouble.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

BigDave posted:

I think fascism is more organized then this.

From my many years of studying totalitarian regimes as a hobby, because as a black dude they terrify me, I don't think so. Fascism is always really badly organised. Really good at the violence though.

And good luck trying to "take out" Antifa, I don't know anyone involved in the US but I'm mates with a shitload in the UK. The police don't touch them most of the time because it's too much hassle.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Godholio posted:

^I can't even tell if that's "irony" or not anymore.

?

Kid is an American citizen. Was locked up for a month for being an illegal immigrant, his evidence was ignored, he was told he had no rights, his lawyer was stonewalled. CBP head testifies that the kid never told them he was American, which makes no sense.

Point is you don't have to be American for the system to treat you as if you are until they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you're not. You shouldn't have to be American to have all those rights afforded to you period. They're human rights.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Meanwhile the KKK gets to run around murdering people for 150 years because "Free Speech!!!"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

orange juche posted:

While he's not wrong that west Baltimore sucks pretty hard, lots of people live there, and he's a hosed up person for mocking the people who live there.

Cummings district also includes a whole lot more than just West Baltimore.

e:

Conveniently ignoring that his district also contains one of the wealthiest areas in the country. Not that that even matters and I'm sure Trump doesn't know it anyway. For the sake of this argument let us forget Marylands hilarious gerrymandering.

It's weird that the gerrymander was made to include that part of Howard County. Everything east of 32 votes reliably blue anyway, and Columbia itself is majority minority. I guess it was done to dilute the Greenspring Valley area of Baltimore County?

psydude fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 27, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

psydude posted:

Cummings district also includes a whole lot more than just West Baltimore.

efb

Yeah I know, it goes out to the county/suburbs where there's much more money/boomers and a more conservative bent.

Trump doesn't know that because he's an idiot who regurgitates fox news talking points.

Also amusing, one Jared Kushner is a very major real estate investor (slumlord) in the poorer areas of West Baltimore. A large reason that West Baltimore is so hosed up and has such run down houses and apartments, is because of the Trump family.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 27, 2019

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Frankly, I think it’s a good thing that the government is cracking down on Antifa. They meet the definition of a street gang, ranging from their initiation process of being beaten while naming breakfast cereals (getting “jumped in”) to their tiered membership structure. Their leaders have tried to distance themselves from the group in name but still retain an element of command and control, and let’s not forget that another group associated with these Antifa terrorists also set up a sniper’s best overlooking a rally so they could provide cover for the terrorists who planned on beating peaceful patriots who just love their country.

Edit: silly me, I confused Antifa with the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer again! Clearly I’m having a :decorum: moment.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Frankly, I think it’s a good thing that the government is cracking down on Antifa. They meet the definition of a street gang, ranging from their initiation process of being beaten while naming breakfast cereals (getting “jumped in”) to their tiered membership structure. Their leaders have tried to distance themselves from the group in name but still retain an element of command and control, and let’s not forget that another group associated with these Antifa terrorists also set up a sniper’s best overlooking a rally so they could provide cover for the terrorists who planned on beating peaceful patriots who just love their country.

Lol. What's the source?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can you get any more obvious about your identity than expressing how deeply threatened you are by the concept of anti-fascism

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fallom posted:

Can you get any more obvious about your identity than expressing how deeply threatened you are by the concept of anti-fascism

Arguing against age of consent laws maybe?

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

BadOptics posted:

Lol. What's the source?

He's explaining the Proud Boys

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

BaconAndBullets posted:

He's explaining the Proud Boys

Which are anti-masturbation, not antifa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Fallom posted:

Someone who didn't understand why antifa are important and how much they help people like me is someone I couldn't sit down at a table with. I wouldn't have anything to say - there's no possible logical conversation.