Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That is a Cadillac though.

Wow this week has really kicked my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fun game, find the coolest russian version of your car!

https://www.drive2.ru/cars/?all

https://www.drive2.ru/r/lincoln/mark_iv/470827097883935141/

Based on the height of the car, this lady has got to be like 4 feet tall. I don't know how she can see over the dash.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

So Walmart now carries OEM Toyota oil filters. Like, in the Toyota box.

Also they had a person roving around behind the registers that was a mobile checkout, if you were paying by card and didn't want cash back. Perfect for a jug of Mobil 1 and filter. Hopefully this will make my two-or-three times a year pilgrimage to get cheap oil slightly easier.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Maybe Russia isn’t that bad after all.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Maybe Russia isn’t that bad after all.

Hmm. She does look a little bit like Ivanka, doesn’t she...

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

Done. Next!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tremek posted:

Hmm. She does look a little bit like Ivanka, doesn’t she...

Except for being like 12. Dude....seriously.

E: no, I've give it 15.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Motronic posted:

Except for being like 12. Dude....seriously.

E: no, I've give it 15.

Forest for the trees pal.

Here, is this better?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tremek posted:

Here, is this better?

Being an actual adult? Yes, that is better.

It's still a creepy as gently caress age gap, just not as bad as one being a teenager.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yes the age gap is the creepiest part

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
The only time I totalled a car, I had an agreed value policy. They gave me that, which was over market, and even acknowledged that.
God, I miss fireman's fund, I wonder why they stopped doing auto lines. . . ?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

angryrobots posted:

Lol

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I sold my old bike via Facebook marketplace for full asking price without any haggling to the first dude I set up a meeting with. Too late to buy a lottery ticket today?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

angryrobots posted:

should....should we tell him?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

meatpimp posted:

dealer bullshit

God absolutely gently caress dealers. As I've been complaining about in Slack, I've had some pretty incredible experiences with dealers during my new-to-me car search, including:

-A dealer that was advertising a car as "gently used" and "in no major accidents, a real keeper!" when in reality it had new pistons and rings installed (forgot to mention that one in the Slack lmao), had been in an accident and had been declared a total loss following a theft;

-A dealer trying to convince me that a $13,169 collision claim was "just a front bumper";

-A dealer telling me the car is in fantastic shape when it had been owned by a rig pig who basically didn't do any maintenance on it - when he actually had a license between his DUIs, that is - and was covered in awful cosmetic issues, like a big rusty, bubbled-up paint chip on the roof;

-Finding an actually decent car at a dealership, only to find out that the dealer dropped fifty large into a PAC to get the most regressive government in the history of Canada elected into office.

And of course you get the usual poo poo of overly expensive cars, pressure to act now and all that fun garbage. All I want is a nice clean 86 :(

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Suburban Dad posted:

I sold my old bike via Facebook marketplace for full asking price without any haggling to the first dude I set up a meeting with. Too late to buy a lottery ticket today?

Don't bother. You already used up all your luck.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Suburban Dad posted:

You must have asked too little. Like if you list an e30 m3 for $5k, you'll have a painless transaction too.

MrChips posted:

-A dealer trying to convince me that a $13,169 collision claim was "just a front bumper";

You lotus shopping?

nm fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 27, 2019

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
So... is the ASAP-Rocky thing as big of a story in the US as some media outlets want to portray it, or do most people not care?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrOnBicycle posted:

So... is the ASAP-Rocky thing as big of a story in the US as some media outlets want to portray it, or do most people not care?

Most people don't care, Trump's camp is using it as a distraction.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Rhyno posted:

Most people don't care, Trump's camp is using it as a distraction.

Thought so. I found it pretty embarrassing that he actually called our Prime Minister to attempt (and fail hard) to pressure him into releasing ASAP.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

MrOnBicycle posted:

...who?

Powershift posted:

https://www.drive2.ru/cars/?all

https://www.drive2.ru/r/lincoln/mark_iv/470827097883935141/

Based on the height of the car, this lady has got to be like 4 feet tall. I don't know how she can see over the dash.

...I like this game.
https://www.drive2.ru/l/536455847434259048/

:swoon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrOnBicycle posted:

Thought so. I found it pretty embarrassing that he actually called our Prime Minister to attempt (and fail hard) to pressure him into releasing ASAP.

He's made a dozen tweets about it now and I guarantee you he had no idea who this clown was two weeks ago. I saw the former PM told Trump to gently caress off because political interference with due process is against that law.

Not to get all political but the next two years are going to be fascinating. Dem's better get their poo poo together and unify to oust Cheeto in Chief.

doogle
May 24, 2003

Does anyone happen to have an account on https://www.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=34012 ? I’m trying to download the pdf but it is restricted to members and the admins haven’t activated my account after a week. I’m guessing there aren’t very many active people on that forum anymore.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

doogle posted:

Does anyone happen to have an account on https://www.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=34012 ? I’m trying to download the pdf but it is restricted to members and the admins haven’t activated my account after a week. I’m guessing there aren’t very many active people on that forum anymore.

Looks like that's lost to time, but Bing and DuckDuckGo caught some images from it that you can just read the notes when you save the image and/or zoom in:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=%22Oil+Pan+Replacement_My_Edit-2.pdf%22&FORM=HDRSC2

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22Oil+Pa...%2Fpage0012.jpg

Edit: Doesn't look like it grabs all the images Google has, but at least there's some?

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 27, 2019

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

doogle posted:

Is the car significantly different than a Commodore? If so is it GM Parts bin?

doogle
May 24, 2003

No, it is the same as anY V8 VE commodore.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

doogle posted:

Tell me what service doc you need specifically (year, make, model, type of replacement, etc) and I can pull the official one. You have an SS iirc?

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 27, 2019

doogle
May 24, 2003

A model year 2009.5-10 Commodore SS with the automatic will work. It is for an oil pan replacement (cracked pan). Thanks for your help!

Edit: it is for a Pontiac G8 GXP, helping a friend replace his pan

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrChips posted:

God absolutely gently caress dealers. As I've been complaining about in Slack, I've had some pretty incredible experiences with dealers during my new-to-me car search, including:

-A dealer that was advertising a car as "gently used" and "in no major accidents, a real keeper!" when in reality it had new pistons and rings installed (forgot to mention that one in the Slack lmao), had been in an accident and had been declared a total loss following a theft;

-A dealer telling me the car is in fantastic shape when it had been owned by a rig pig who basically didn't do any maintenance on it - when he actually had a license between his DUIs, that is - and was covered in awful cosmetic issues, like a big rusty, bubbled-up paint chip on the roof;

-Finding an actually decent car at a dealership, only to find out that the dealer dropped fifty large into a PAC to get the most regressive government in the history of Canada elected into office.

And of course you get the usual poo poo of overly expensive cars, pressure to act now and all that fun garbage. All I want is a nice clean 86 :(

Yeah I've given up on dealers in my car search and now I'm just using them to test drive cars I'm interested in, why test drive a '16 Mazda3 being sold privately 50 miles away when the dealer down the street has some I can try :v:

If you're in no hurry I would just wait for one to be sold privately, if you can afford to be patient gently caress the dealerships.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

very very wet 24 hours of spa about to start https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtyxbToiobs

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

#4 Team Black Falcon - Full Itasha livery AMG GT. Hell yes.

Thanks for the heads up Powershift

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

#4 Team Black Falcon - Full Itasha livery AMG GT. Hell yes.

Thanks for the heads up Powershift

There are 2 anime cars, a gulf car, and a 911 with beetle bodywork to make it look like herbie

:iia:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Powershift posted:

very very wet 24 hours of spa about to start https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtyxbToiobs

Thanks, had completely forgotten about this. F1 at Hockenheim tomorrow morning as well.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Powershift posted:

Good lookin' out, thanks!

Seems like every other race at Spa in Forza it's pissing down rain. I hate that track in the rain.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

doogle posted:

As the former owner of a VE Commodore that was for some goddamn reason built as a Pontiac but in RHD that stayed in Australia - they arent. There are subtle differences through the car as I found out replacing a fuel pump. You would think it would be basically the same but no.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Hawt hawt Raptor on Raptor action:

Went and retrieved the kid’s Raptor from our field where it had sat the past month after the fire, and bought it a new charger. My kids are delighted and now terrorizing the rental cul-de-sac.

Note virtually nothing being different in the background - Mercedes is still there, although that pine tree is probably gonna die. That fire got hot.

Edit: RIP Scooty Puff Tractor Jr. :(

Tremek fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 28, 2019

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Are those things still NiMH inside?

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Are those things still NiMH inside?

It’s just a big heavy lead acid battery.

Edit: AGM sealed lead acid

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Sometimes I love Toyota, sometimes I loving hate them.

Hilux, Prado, 4 runners... when they changed engines or diff ratios, they just changed the drive wheel on the speed sensor. In the 100 series, they changed the god drat drive gear INSIDE the transfer case too...

So the automatic transfer case I’m rebuilding to drop into my manual 100 series suits 3.9:1 diffs. I have 4.3:1 diffs. So now I’ve ether gotta buy a new internal drive gear before I can rebuild my transfer, or I have to pull the transfer case out of my truck, pull it apart, extract the drive gear and THEN put the new transfer together and install it...

It’s not like it’s a really awkwardly shaped 50kg lump of metal that you’ve gotta install over your head or anything...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Dem's better get their poo poo together and unify to oust Cheeto in Chief.
Hahahahahaha. RIP America if we're counting on Decorum Grandma & the rest of the collaborators to save us from fascism. poo poo is finished, live it up while you can.