Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yeah that's how I got through it.

Also

starting to get these with warframe shots lmao

The public is not ready for the wonders of warframe rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

I can't spend six hours doing Hydron runs

I'M DOUBTING YOUR COMMITMENT TO WARFRAME

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wf is a generally easy f2p coop game. it's okay to play it casually. the only urgency comes from doing enough nightwave each week to get the stuff you want from it, and the rather infrequent events with unique rewards. de tends to make those unique rewards obtainable in other ways later on anyway.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

The public is not ready for the wonders of warframe rear end

also putting flesh tones on the warframe makes it trigger the filth alert way more :v:

Also I pulled out the Sonicor for the first time in forever. My teammates were screaming about being blinded. I did not know looking directly at the Sonicor explosion now blinds players for a bit.

I probably should use it more.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 28, 2019

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Valkyr's Leonessa by default gives her low rise yoga pants and a tramp stamp (edit yeah it's kinda cheating to use Mesa Noble :v:)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

edit: nevermind, my post got eaten

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Thanks for the advice, I'm really trying to improve so I can get in on some of the more group-oriented stuff like the Eidolons. The guys I play with are pretty cool, but despite having played for a while I'm coming to realize they're not really that good at the game.

They also don't seem to understand that I have a goddamn job and a life outside of the game, so no, I can't spend six hours doing Hydron runs, and yes, I would like to do some of my quests or gently caress around Orb Vallis or the Plains of Eidolon than get dragged into Sorties I'm not equipped to handle. Not really part of the thread, but it feels good to vent.

Do they at least wear corpro?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hydron isnt even good

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah if you want HUGE GAINS, sanctuary onslaught eclipses it these days

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
You don't have to be good to enjoy this game - dolons are probably the most coordination dependant thing in the game, but they're the outlier, not the rule. They're also kinda old and not particularly well designed when it comes to visual cues and clutter.
Sorties are more of a leisurely gear check, although you probably want some survivability to stand some of the damage in S3. I ran Nezha for my early ones and managed to hang reasonably well.

These days there's a lot of pacing variety in the game, from hours of chaotic ESO or Arby madness to speedrunning capture fissures, to relaxed solo spy/syndicate medallion hunts or chillout fishing/mining/conservation exploration in the open worlds, to clunkier side stuff like AW/K-drive stuff. I've seen some older players react with "not my true corridor shooter warframe!" but without that variation i would've grown tired of this game like 1000 hours ago. There's a lot of weird stuff bolted onto warframe and while i genuinely enjoy more of it than most players i don't think there's anyone who loves every single part of it, so skipping parts you don't care for and doing the others at whatever pace you're comfortable with is perfectly common.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Does ESO give good focus? I am severely lacking in my focus levels, and while it is not a necessity having more energy gains is always nice.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Go nuts and collect stuffed animals.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mesadoram posted:

Does ESO give good focus? I am severely lacking in my focus levels, and while it is not a necessity having more energy gains is always nice.

its a reasonable way of reaching your daily cap. ideally you want an eidolon lens on a killframe like volt saryn equinox etc.

i got 90%+ of my focus from grinding eidolons.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Awesome! posted:

its a reasonable way of reaching your daily cap. ideally you want an eidolon lens on a killframe like volt saryn equinox etc.

i got 90%+ of my focus from grinding eidolons.

I never did an Eidolon :smith:. I feel like if I just bite the bullet and pub it once I will understand it. Or I could just not be a pleb and loving read about it...

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
ESO is one of the 2 best ways to get focus in the game, the other being Eidolon fights.

Eidolon lenses are unrelated to Eidolons themselves, you can get a blueprint for them from T5 Cetus bounties and then craft them from other lenses you've accumulated. They're also not necessary for basic focus stuff, even a basic lens can get you enough focus to, say, max Energizing Dash.
You can either slap a lens on a killframe and murder everything, or slap it on a melee weapon, put it on a support frame like Trinity with no primary or secondary equipped and just hang out near your buddies' killframes while they murder everything. If you have the first node of the Naramon tree maxed this'll get you slightly more focus.

Actual Eidolon fighting is good and more expedient than ESO if you get really good at it (you also get focus you can use for any school and aren't tied to what lenses you have) but it's really hard to break into. Watch a guide on youtube to get a rough idea of how they work, then ask some goons to carry you through your first few fights. The whole thing gradually becomes less intimidating as you start to understand what the hell is happening and improve your equipment, but you need to get over that initial hump.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Synthbuttrange posted:

Go nuts and collect stuffed animals.
The sky's the limit!

well that and warframe complaining about your decoration limit but you know

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just waiting on Vauban Prime to bake and I'll have all the primes.

Where do you get those little truck lander decorations?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Anora posted:

Just waiting on Vauban Prime to bake and I'll have all the primes.

Where do you get those little truck lander decorations?

Ticker has em sometimes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Made my first Zaw and am pretty happy with it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I guess this would be a bad time to tell you that Rapiers are among the weapon classes that have a good forced status proc stance / combo (Vulpine Mask / Hidden Flourish) and that you can build them for pure crit without sacrificing basically any of the Condition Overload potential. :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yeah that's how I got through it.

Also

starting to get these with warframe shots lmao

Ordis, can you generate a nude Rhino

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I guess this would be a bad time to tell you that Rapiers are among the weapon classes that have a good forced status proc stance / combo (Vulpine Mask / Hidden Flourish) and that you can build them for pure crit without sacrificing basically any of the Condition Overload potential. :v:

It's a shame they feel awful to play with.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Man, I wish I could build a Gaze worth a poo poo because maining Ignis Wraith has made me so drat lazy. Catchmoon just makes me not want anything else.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Valkyr's Leonessa by default gives her low rise yoga pants and a tramp stamp (edit yeah it's kinda cheating to use Mesa Noble :v:)

The 'delusion' skin leaves her arse completely hanging out. I don't have a picture of that, only a captura shot from in front.

Comedy giant leg bonus:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Quentin Tarantino film adaptation of Warframe looking good.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/cizun9/protect_new_players/

oh my god this is so cute.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Terry van Feleday posted:

ESO is one of the 2 best ways to get focus in the game, the other being Eidolon fights.

I think using a sleep equinox to abuse stealth bonus exp is fastest, though very specialized.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

gaj70 posted:

I think using a sleep equinox to abuse stealth bonus exp is fastest, though very specialized.

It can be faster, but it's heavily dependant on spawns and buff timings, sure it is possible to get like 200k+ focus in one focus orb(Hell I even maxed my focus in one orb a few times) if you're extremely lucky, but you might also get like 3k. ESO has something that this doesn't, consistency.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

its annoying as hell

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nalesh posted:

It can be faster, but it's heavily dependant on spawns and buff timings, sure it is possible to get like 200k+ focus in one focus orb(Hell I even maxed my focus in one orb a few times) if you're extremely lucky, but you might also get like 3k. ESO has something that this doesn't, consistency.

I tried for this build and felt like I was bashing my head against the wall.
ESO nets me 15/20K per round if I'm on my game. Way less stressful.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

reddit posted:

get rad procced and shoot him

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I have learned how to fish. :science:

Now I need a bunch of Cetus Wisps. :saddowns:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

I Am Just a Box posted:

Isn't high level play about having mass slaughter weapons you don't even really have to aim in more than the vague direction of the enemy? I actually have to point the Fulmin at guys, and sometimes I run out of shots for like two or three seconds.

I get where you're coming from, but this is not the content where you particularly care about being able to shoot a guy and watch him die. Everything at that stage will accomplish this task. Fulmin's ammo restriction really sucks with that content. It's one of the top damage primaries in the game but you're shooting it at enemies that will die to a stiff breeze.

gaj70 posted:

If you're in an organized goon meta group with a crack shot Chroma then Eidolons would be fastest. If you're pubbing it, ESO is fastest if you can get groups pushing beyond wave four. If ESO sucks and you don't have goons ready to go when night hits then yeah... Equinox your heart out. I usually do ESO anyway just for that one-in-a-billion shot at a Braton Vandal bp.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Honestly, you don't need the rest of your team in eso if you're saryn, I went to wave 16 the other day due to boredom along with a rando pubbie leech that decided to tag along for the ride. As long as you start as 4 people(so it will spawn 4 peoples worth of enemies), it doesn't matter if some of em leave early.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I just tried something that has changed my life. I'd always seen that you could filter recruitment chat, but I'd never tried it, and certainly never for anything useful. I set it up so that I only see people that want to run any of the relics that I need to run. It's pretty easy to do.

Go to a site like this (there are many of them) and uncheck all the things you already have. Below that this will generate a list of relics you need to run. Then go to your relic vault and check these relics to see if you have them, remove any relics from the list that you do not own.

Now go into recruitment chat, and up at the top, click the filter button. Add each relic from your list as a separate filter: meso a2, axi g3, whatever. Once you are done, the only things you will see in recruitment chat are people running relics that you can run. No guild advertisements, no people running eidolons, nothing but what you need to run.

It's loving amazing.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Also remember to add asdadczxcvsdfdfa so when you've cleared all of them you won't be spammed with rando recruit poo poo.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Honestly, you don't need the rest of your team in eso if you're saryn, I went to wave 16 the other day due to boredom along with a rando pubbie leech that decided to tag along for the ride. As long as you start as 4 people(so it will spawn 4 peoples worth of enemies), it doesn't matter if some of em leave early.

Can you post your build? I feel like I'm constantly dying with my Saryn

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Warframe.market's moving weighted average for sold items (but their API data will often differ slightly from what their site lists for reasons I don't understand and haven't really researched yet)

Where would I go to get access to the Warframe.market API?

edit: Discord is the place to go, it seems.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 29, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Xun posted:

Can you post your build? I feel like I'm constantly dying with my Saryn

My only defensive things are Umbral Vitality (dual with Intensify) and Regenerative Molt. Max range, Hunter Adrenaline... that's pretty much it. I could build her to be hyper tanky but it's really not needed for ESO as long as you never stop moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

To quote the prophets: "Keep rollin', rollin', rollin'."