Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Captain Splendid posted:

What does that mean?

It means she's crazy.

goons dropped the ball on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Backweb posted:

It means she's crazy.

goons dropped the ball on this one

No, that means she's faking it!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Who What Now posted:

Yare yare daze

Lol

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

csammis posted:

No, that means she's faking it!

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Captain Splendid posted:

What does that mean?

Improbable Lobster posted:

You're a nut, crazy in the coconut

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/07/27/the-simpsons-might-retire-martin-character-after-actress-russi-taylor-death/

Russi Taylor died

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

That sucks, I'll need to wear my Wang computers t-shirt to feel better.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Yeah, that sucks. That had me looking up how old the rest of the cast is, and while I don't think we're likely to lose any of the prominent voice actors in the next five years, it is a thing they'd better be thinking about.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they need to cancel it before any of the main cast dies because otherwise they're going to be stuck trying to draw that line between writing the character out/recasting the voice/cancelling the show and it's just going to be excruciating

like who is more important to the show's "legacy" or whatever? julie kavner, who is a main cast member but only does a couple of voices, or harry shearer, who does half the show but none of the simpson family?

just kill it. kill it kill it kill it

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Spitballing a new meme: it's that X-Men comic cover where future Wolverine is standing in front of the wall of "wanted" posters with X's on them, except Wolverine is Homer and the dead characters are Martin, Lionel Hutz, Apu, Maude, Troy McClure, Lunchlady Doris, and Mrs. Krabappel.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Sagebrush posted:

like who is more important to the show's "legacy" or whatever? julie kavner, who is a main cast member but only does a couple of voices, or harry shearer, who does half the show but none of the simpson family?

They might be able to replace some of Harry Shearer's characters, but certainly not all of them. And he's 75, so time is not long to figure this out.

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.

ultrafilter posted:

They might be able to replace some of Harry Shearer's characters, but certainly not all of them. And he's 75, so time is not long to figure this out.

Cut out his voice box and implant it in a Galapagos Turtle. Those things live for thousands of years.

[your signature is being processed. check the notification bar for updates]

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

insert_funny posted:

Cut out his voice box and implant it in a Galapagos Turtle. Those things live for thousands of years.

And give it some dentures so it can enunciate.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Harry Shearer after being replaced:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I think when a VA dies, they should use an existing VA as the replacement. No new VAs allowed until finally its down to one person doing the whole show.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Maestro posted:

I think when a VA dies, they should use an existing VA as the replacement. No new VAs allowed until finally its down to one person doing the whole show.

I can definitely get behind The Simpsons season 63 being just Yeardley Smith as every voice.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I can definitely get behind The Simpsons season 63 being just Yeardley Smith as every voice.

the way the show's been going it'll be julie kavner and the show will just sound like a horde of zombies with bronchitis

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The Maestro posted:

we’ll just end up with nancy cartwright making bootleg scientology promos for every single existing simpsons character

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
You're all forgetting a very important solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58IdBjMeS4

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
They should just splice voice clips together. Like Chef in South Park.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
They should just recast because yall know they aren't gonna cancel it so just loving get it over with.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Disney will probably reboot it at some point.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Okay where the gently caress is the "Each episode of game of Thrones Season 8 as represented by The Simpsons" video and why will no search term allow me to find it on any form of social media because it's so loving polluted with ThE SiMpSoNS PreDiCtEd SeaSon 8!!!! bullshit copy and paste articles AGHHASHHGHHHH PUT ME OUT OF MY, MISERYYYYY

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Glumslinger posted:

You're all forgetting a very important solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58IdBjMeS4

This is literally how theyve done Slinky Dog and Mr Potato Head in Toy Story.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

creamed hams

https://twitter.com/thatbilloakley/status/1155369676702007296

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Refusing to disclose a dubious source of information. Definitely something pioneered by The Simpsons.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ancient Philly secret

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

super sweet best pal posted:

Ancient Philly secret

The secret is that it's Philadelphia, New York.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Who What Now posted:

Mr. Potato Head's voice was chop-shopped for the fourth movie, but Slinky was just completely recast after Jim Varney died.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Who What Now posted:

And that's with a handful of films. The 30 seasons of Simpsons so far could be used to build the most complex, fine tuned vocal synth ever even for the side characters let alone the main cast. Vocaloid Simpsons is the future.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

The Simpsons will be the first show to be written, animated, and voiced entirely by software algorithms.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ultraklystron posted:

And that's with a handful of films. The 30 seasons of Simpsons so far could be used to build the most complex, fine tuned vocal synth ever even for the side characters let alone the main cast. Vocaloid Simpsons is the future.

YouTube poops have been doing this for years!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX6iZKWO0Ug

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Mr. Potato Head's voice was chop-shopped for the fourth movie, but Slinky was just completely recast after Jim Varney died.

That's pretty ghoulish. I'm surprised SAG is ok with this.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

say some billionaire is stealin your candy...

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Spitballing a new meme: it's that X-Men comic cover where future Wolverine is standing in front of the wall of "wanted" posters with X's on them, except Wolverine is Homer and the dead characters are Martin, Lionel Hutz, Apu, Maude, Troy McClure, Lunchlady Doris, and Mrs. Krabappel.

Why is Mrs krabappel and martin gone :(?