Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I remember watching a tv in a homeless person’s shopping cart on the subway platform for like 30 minutes in this game

Yeah the famous bit is that in one scene you and your girlfriend sit down to watch the Gregory Peck To Kill a Mockingbird movie and you can actually just sit there and watch the whole movie if you want, but they have a ton of other stuff like old Flash Gordon episodes and Gabby and Popeye cartoons that play on random TVs that you could also stop and watch in their entirety if you wanted. It’s pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Darkness 2 had that Mountains of Madness puppet show on the TV. That was neat.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Dark Souls 3. Cool environments but the amount of bosses was fatiguing. Also the input queuing poo poo is a dogshit system.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i kille dthe past with the four main guys in gungeon but haven't unlocked any special characters yet. pretty fun game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i kille dthe past with the four main guys in gungeon but haven't unlocked any special characters yet. pretty fun game

What’s your fave guns.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I kind of wish the first level wasn’t always so boring but I guess all these sort of games are like that.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

What’s your fave guns.

rail gun and sling. and hexagun. oh yeah and the egg one because of the smash mouth eat the eggs plus its pretty strong for being just an egg

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Tokyo Xanadu Ex+

It was alright, I still need to play Ys VIII though.

e: i still need to do the epilogue

Baxate fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 26, 2019

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
You should play the real xanadu instead of the persona knickoff garbage

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Darkness 2. More fun than the first, and I liked the first a lot. Combat’s really fast and exciting and I liked the story and lore and everything. Super short though.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

You should play the real xanadu instead of the persona knickoff garbage

:hai:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations. My fave one so far, I enjoyed every case, they even made the tutorial one fun and interesting. And godot is the best.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

30. Horace

I didn't 100% it. It's a very classic-style euro platformer, really reminds me of Plok and Rayman. Like those games it's totally gorgeous and full of interesting ideas but also just enough of a chore to play that I kind of had to drag myself across the finish line. It's still worth checking out, it was made by just a handful of people and they clearly put everything they had into it.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 27, 2019

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

whoops

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. DQXI
1a. DQXI post game
2. Devil May Cry 2 (Dante and Lucia discs)
3. Full Metal Furies (4p Co-Op)
4. RE2 Claire A/Leon B
5. DMC 3
6. DMC 4
7. DMC 5.
8. Bloodborne+DLC all bosses.
9. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Ending A, B)
10. Grim Dawn - All Acts + Forgotten Gods expansion.
11. Borderlands
11a. Borderlands DLC (The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knox, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution).
12. Bastion
13. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Moon

Pretty sick. I'm close to 100% map completion so I might spend some time later and fill it out for the cheevo. I'm going to go on a big bike ride and think about what I'm going to play next. It's either going to be the new Fire Emblem or an old Fire Emblem on my 3ds I think. I also have Amid Evil waiting, so I might just play that.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

A Hat in Time

Pretty good 3D platformer. It's no Mario Odyssey but its not Super Lucky's Tale either.
some of the platforming wasn't so good, like trying to land on tight ropes was hit or miss, but for the most part it was satisfying.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
A shat in time

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hand of Fate 2 for the third year in a row

I don't think there's gonna be any more DLC so this is probably the last time... probably.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Baxate posted:

A Hat in Time

Pretty good 3D platformer. It's no Mario Odyssey but its not Super Lucky's Tale either.
some of the platforming wasn't so good, like trying to land on tight ropes was hit or miss, but for the most part it was satisfying.

Its no marios odyessy because the gerber baby sun from teletubbies isnt crapping its pants every 20 seconds when u find a moon under a rock

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its no marios odyessy because the gerber baby sun from teletubbies isnt crapping its pants every 20 seconds when u find a moon under a rock

Yeah, apparently its posting instead under the name mysterious lyle x

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Firewatch
2. GRIS
3. Inside
4. The Banner Saga (Hard)
5. Red Dead 2
Story and world were great but the gameplay got boring way faster than the story wrapped up. So much side stuff but it's all so shallow and once you've tried it a few times there's nothing there. Hadn't played RDR1 so the ending of the story was pretty intense.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hitman 2 story mode. Some great maps in this one, can’t decide if I like it or 2016 better. I kind of wish the story still had you facing off against Lucas Grey instead of joining him because I thought it was interesting to have you as working for the Illuminati to assassinate people threatening to expose them but I like all conspiracy thrillers so I’ll take what we got. Looking forward to expansion 2.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
every time rdr2 gets mentioned i think about My Retarded Games Physics Oaf

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think my perfect video game of all time is the open world of RDR2 and the gameplay/engine of MGSV.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

I think my perfect video game of all time is the open world of RDR2 and the gameplay/engine of MGSV.

I think my perfect video game of all time would be good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the only perfect video game is The Fool's Errand (1987)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

31. The Ninja Warriors: Once Again (Hard 1cc Kunoichi)

I couldn't wait so I bought the jp version (its got English text anyway) and it's amazing, one of the best beat em ups ever. Highly recommend

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

good game. dumb story but its also kind of cool. doing flash moves and flash guards is very satisfying. ending was incredibly unsatisfying but thats prolly cuz i didnt bother with any sidequests; maybe ill do the ng+ at some point.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
is it anything like oath/origins

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

No

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
idk ive only really played Ys I & II

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

:(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Nah it's exactly in the same format as 7 and Celceta, just a lot more polished.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looking forward to 9 in a couple months

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
12. Kings Field 1 (JP) - Cool game where it took about 10,000 seconds to turn 360 degrees. Exploration and figuring out puzzles was fun and it kind of made me miss games where you had to hand draw maps. Might try the second next

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Chill Callahan posted:

12. Kings Field 1 (JP) - Cool game where it took about 10,000 seconds to turn 360 degrees. Exploration and figuring out puzzles was fun and it kind of made me miss games where you had to hand draw maps. Might try the second next

*smiles europeanly*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

*smiles europeanly*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

From put out a Kings Field Maker called sword of moonlight in 2000 and let anybody who owned the software sell whatever games they made with the tools, and it got fan translated + open source yada yada a decade later. It's a really cool program and you can download lots of fan modules for endless loving's Field content. Worth checking out

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

3. 7/28/19 For The King - multiplayer - default campaign.

Super fun game. Highly recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. I played through 90% of this game a month ago and forgot to finish it until today. I can't believe these people made Hitman