Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
The deal they cut for him is beyond belief for the reasons Matt points out. don't actually go to jail and immunity for your other crimes / co conspirators, even though we don't know who or what they are?

That's a deal a bad script writer would come up with, not one a prosecutor agrees to in a case of chronic repeated sexual abuse of minors. Believing that there's more to the story isn't a conspiracy, it's the only loving rational inference available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

just living it up in the world run by a global pedo cabal that’s destroying the planet

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The latest ep was so fuckin good but is there something wrong with my setup or did PPG have worse audio than when he was literally calling in on a tin can and string from Syria?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

second episode of Trueanon out. And they still aren't on iTunes. Was Tim Apple in the flight logs?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Are the premium eps in any way different from the free ones? I.E. is the content different? I know Matt does Inebriated History every so often, for example

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

big boi posted:

Are the premium eps in any way different from the free ones? I.E. is the content different? I know Matt does Inebriated History every so often, for example

Every now and then you'll get something like Inebriated History of the Role Playing Games episodes, but they're usually just like the free episodes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crane Fist posted:

The latest ep was so fuckin good but is there something wrong with my setup or did PPG have worse audio than when he was literally calling in on a tin can and string from Syria?

He kept cutting out, I'm guessing from whatever program he was recording with.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Every now and then you'll get something like Inebriated History of the Role Playing Games episodes, but they're usually just like the free episodes

Cool, thanks

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah I thought maybe my internet was making GBS threads out until I realised it was just him sounding weird

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Whatever happened with brace's union effort? He was on street fight a while back talking about trying to form one affiliated with a longshoremen union for some brewery he's working at.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Goofballs posted:

Whatever happened with brace's union effort? He was on street fight a while back talking about trying to form one affiliated with a longshoremen union for some brewery he's working at.

they formed the union but I haven't heard much about it since.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

terrorist ambulance posted:

The deal they cut for him is beyond belief for the reasons Matt points out. don't actually go to jail and immunity for your other crimes / co conspirators, even though we don't know who or what they are?

That's a deal a bad script writer would come up with, not one a prosecutor agrees to in a case of chronic repeated sexual abuse of minors. Believing that there's more to the story isn't a conspiracy, it's the only loving rational inference available

The plea deal also violated the Crime Victims' Rights Act by not making the victims/their lawyers aware of the deal until after it had been signed. I watched this video of a lawyer breaking down how hosed up and unusual it is.

https://youtu.be/VXtI-8dq7B0

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

they formed the union but I haven't heard much about it since.

Good for them

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

speaking from experience I think he was using a slow push-to-talk and wasn't waiting for the mic to record before talking lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
listen to the second trueanon ep, the opening is very good.

edit: expert new order song placement.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 29, 2019

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yesterday I announced that, as president, I’ll establish a student loan debt forgiveness program for Pell Grant recipients who start a business that operates for three years in disadvantaged communities.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

Yesterday I announced that, as president, I’ll establish a student loan debt forgiveness program for Pell Grant recipients who start a business that operates for three years in disadvantaged communities.

Democrats are so great at bold policies that people can really believe in

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
The icing on the cake is that they really think policies like that will get a wave of soft Republicans to cross the aisle and thank them for being so pragmatic. If you scroll through the comments, it's just a mix of people dunking on Kamala's team and the usual pundits yelling "but how will we pay for that!" With the added bonus of some yelling about anti-white racism.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Reacting to the latest mass shooting

https://twitter.com/scottadamssays/status/1155679797223182337?s=21

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

His inability to understand what's so ghoulish about this in the replies is really kind of upsetting.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Apoplexy posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/747901376139792384?s=19

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
When i'm an old man, I'll still scan semirandom figures like the # of comments to see if there's any funny numbers

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1155622172955746305?s=21

^this is Biden’s plan

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pattymo was on the latest bonus episode of YKS. It was good.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

terrorist ambulance posted:

Until the Epstein case I didn't know this was even possible under American law. How do preemptively grant immunity to people you haven't identified? For child sex trafficking?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Until the Epstein case I didn't know this was even possible under American law. How do preemptively grant immunity to people you haven't identified? For child sex trafficking?

It isn't, is the thing. it's not legal or binding.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/opinion_joe/status/1155783159390384133

:cawg:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

joedevola posted:

His inability to understand what's so ghoulish about this in the replies is really kind of upsetting.

if you've had the privilege of interacting with mr. dilbert on twitter (as i have on multiple occasions) he seems completely unaware of how he comes across or how bad his arguments are. i mostly shat on him for his stupid defense of trump's "fine people comment that he kept humping everywhere. and despite me being a twitter nobody he'd reply to my quote tweets every time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean he seems like a perfectly well-adjusted person to me

Has he even explained why he supports Trump? It just seems like one day he was suddenly cool with the Orange One

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

if you've had the privilege of interacting with mr. dilbert on twitter (as i have on multiple occasions) he seems completely unaware of how he comes across or how bad his arguments are. i mostly shat on him for his stupid defense of trump's "fine people comment that he kept humping everywhere. and despite me being a twitter nobody he'd reply to my quote tweets every time.

Did he post shirtless pics at you?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Brace has absolutely lost his mind on the Epstein podcast and I worry, too, for my brain

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Did he post shirtless pics at you?

no but his big dunk on me was "did a cat walk across your keyboard".

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Has he even explained why he supports Trump? It just seems like one day he was suddenly cool with the Orange One

never trumpers were against trump during the primaries due to optics reasons but when it comes down to it, ghouls like dersh are content with anyone that doesn't challenge their status as 1%er sex criminals. none of them will ever explain why they came around on him because it would mean a: admitting to once holding an incorrect opinion and b: explicitly spelling out how horrific their beliefs are

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 29, 2019

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

little munchkin posted:

never trumpers were against trump during the primaries due to optics reasons but when it comes down to it, ghouls like dersh are content with anyone that don't challenge their status as 1%er sex criminals. none of them will ever explain why they came around on him because it would mean a: admitting to once holding an incorrect opinion and b: explicitly spelling out how horrific their beliefs are
I do wonder how much their shared Epstein connection has to do with it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

FlamingLiberal posted:

Let's look at that New Yorker article and see if we can find any clues as to why Dershowitz would be a fan of Donald Trump

In April, 1991, Mary Joe Frug, a professor at New England Law, was murdered by a knife-wielding assailant near her house, in Cambridge. The following March, the Harvard Law Review published an article that she had been working on when she was killed, “A Postmodern Feminist Legal Manifesto,” which examined how law perpetuated the subjugation of women.

On the anniversary of Frug’s murder, the Harvard Revue, a spoof overseen by editors of the Review, published a parody, “He-Manifesto of Post-Mortem Legal Feminism.” The author, “Mary Doe,” was described as the “Rigor-Mortis Professor of Law.” The commentary, written in the first person, “was pieced together from scraps dictated to Eve XX, a telekinetic feminist, from beyond the grave.” The Review held its gala banquet that night, and left copies of the Revue on guests’ plates.

Liberal professors at the law school were outraged. Laurence Tribe likened the students who had written the spoof to Klansmen. He and David Kennedy signed a letter, along with a dozen other professors, decrying the law school’s atmosphere of “sexism and misogyny.” The students apologized, but the furor did not die down. In a column for the Los Angeles Times, titled “Harvard Witch Hunt Burns the Incorrect at the Stake,” Dershowitz acknowledged that the parody was “somewhat” offensive, but argued that the response indicated a systemic problem. “The overreaction to the spoof is a reflection of the power of women and blacks to define the content of what is politically correct and incorrect on college and law school campuses,” he wrote. “Radical feminists can accuse all men of being rapists, and radical African-Americans can accuse all whites of being racists, without fear of discipline or rebuke.”

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

Dershowitz describes his early life as an ideal preparation for conflict. He grew up in an Orthodox Jewish household in Borough Park, Brooklyn, and has written that he often got into fights with Italian kids in the neighborhood, “though I don’t recall getting anything worse than a few deep cuts, several broken teeth, and one concussion.” (His mother, Claire Dershowitz, disputed this account, telling the Washington Post, “The only time his tooth was knocked out was when he played tennis.”)

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 29, 2019

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

i am the bird posted:

Brace has absolutely lost his mind on the Epstein podcast and I worry, too, for my brain

If anyone can make it to the island, it's him...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Metal Gear Solid is for normies. Real thinkers study the Illuminatus Trilogy.

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BALD SPOT!! that's just where my cat was eating my dandruff

Breadallelogram posted:

If anyone can make it to the island, it's him...

I will cancel all my other patreons and divert it to TrueAnon if Brace goes to the island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dersh called the cops because someone was mean to him lmao:

quote:

On campus, Dershowitz was controversial for his increasingly hawkish views on Israel. At times, Epstein lent support against political enemies. In January, 2007, the evolutionary biologist Robert Trivers learned that he was to receive the prestigious Crafoord Prize in Biosciences, and Martin Nowak invited him to celebrate the occasion with a talk at the center that Epstein had funded, followed by a reception. That April, Trivers sent Dershowitz a letter criticizing his “rationalization of Israeli attacks on Lebanese civilians” the summer before, during Israel’s conflict with Hezbollah. If Dershowitz persisted in this kind of argument, he wrote, he could “look forward to a visit from me. Nazis—and nazi-like apologists such as yourself—need to be confronted directly.” Dershowitz called the Harvard police, and, in a Wall Street Journal op-ed, complained that “radical goons” had sent him “threatening messages.”

On May 25th, the day of the party, Trivers was chatting with students when he got an urgent message from Nowak: he was cancelling the party, under orders from someone he would not identify, because Trivers had “called a Harvard professor a Nazi.” (Nowak did not respond to requests for comment.) Trivers told me, “I had invited twenty people—there was no way to contact all of them. It was the most painful thing that had happened to me in academia.” Trivers said that Epstein later acknowledged that he had made the call: “He apologized for having stopped my talk. So that actually formed a bond between Jeffrey and me.”