Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Daycares in Europe nowadays still don't have TVs because they have to make at least a token attempt at proper education

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

have u considered children are stupid as hell

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
and adults as well

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
A lot of daycares in smaller towns are run out of someone's house.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Daycare has a wide definition around me. My kid's daycare costs more than my mortgage, but for that we get a facility that has more than one old woman working there, isn't a residence from the 60s, and they don't consider strapping kids into car seats and putting three or four of them in every room quality care. One horror story I heard from a co-worker who had just gone through the process of finding a daycare said he walked into one place and they had a kid on a cot underneath a stove that was boiling a pot of water. So TV use isn't like problem number 1 with that system

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ha ha ha. i guess?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

As a grognard who loved loved loved greenhammer and thought AoS was the worst thing since the Holocaust, lol.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue jays aren't corvids, should be a scrub jay and the kid is wearing a tank top, wayfarers, and smoking a blunt the size of hoagie.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tony Snark posted:

Blue jays aren't corvids, should be a scrub jay and the kid is wearing a tank top, wayfarers, and smoking a blunt the size of hoagie.

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Aves
Order: Passeriformes
Family: Corvidae
Genus: Cyanocitta
Species: C. cristata

:confused:

Scrub Jays are also not any more related to crows than Blue Jays are

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Wait, so they've been around for ages?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Amphigory posted:

No.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Amphigory posted:

Just the one so far

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OK so anyone mind telling those of us not on the spectrum what the gently caress is supposed to be funny about the spirit catcher head doll?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jerry Cotton posted:

OK so anyone mind telling those of us not on the spectrum what the gently caress is supposed to be funny about the spirit catcher head doll?

Nothing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

What a piece of poo poo thing to say

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Regy Rusty posted:

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Aves
Order: Passeriformes
Family: Corvidae
Genus: Cyanocitta
Species: C. cristata

:confused:

Scrub Jays are also not any more related to crows than Blue Jays are

I'll cop to to getting my taxonomy knowledge hosed up. Point is Blue Jays are still fairly stupid birds, but Scrub Jays will scumbag their way through life like crows and ravens but do it wearing the feathered equivalent of backwards baseball cap with YOLO embroidered on it instead of being gothy.

I guess being the being the boring rear end part of the Corvidae family makes the macro accurate.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Any computer? Gonna need Mrs. Blank's email address.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's not really cool to mock people by suggesting they're autistic

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

OK so anyone mind telling those of us not who are not fuckin weird dorks what the gently caress is supposed to be funny about the spirit catcher head doll?

Fixed to be less offensive.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

MarcusSA posted:

Are you implying that people on the spectrum are fuckin' weird dorks?

I mean, I am, but sample size of one...

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

MarcusSA posted:

It's not actually funny beyond being a doofy character design.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Blue Jays are big jerks

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Tony Snark posted:

I'll cop to to getting my taxonomy knowledge hosed up. Point is Blue Jays are still fairly stupid birds, but Scrub Jays will scumbag their way through life like crows and ravens but do it wearing the feathered equivalent of backwards baseball cap with YOLO embroidered on it instead of being gothy.

I guess being the being the boring rear end part of the Corvidae family makes the macro accurate.

Scrub Jays are Faze Banks, got it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Ok thank you. I honestly wasn’t sure if there was something I was missing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Blue Footed Booby posted:

no, there's something else going on with that picture that's pretty funny

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

no, there's something else going on with that picture that's pretty funny

It's such a long, self-referential joke with decades of insideness that there couldn't be a satisfying explanation

New bad dumb thing that replaced old good dumb thing made to appear in the style of old good dumb thing

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maybe if you'd watched some Mr Rogers at daycare you wouldn't be an rear end

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

:gas:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Alright, 40 years ago a British company called Games Workshop made a tabletop miniature wargame called Warhammer. It was very popular and successful. Here is what the models looked like back then

Although it was a very influential game with many diehard fans, it's popularity waned over the years, very quickly becoming eclipsed by Games Workshop's sci-fi game, Warhammer 40,000. It eventually got to the point that Warhammer accounted for only 20% of Games Workshop's sales, despite requiring a model range as big as the one for the much more popular Warhammer 40,000

Faced with this situation, Games Workshop decided to blow up Warhammer. Literally, they destroyed the planet in a magical explosion in 2015. And shortly therafter launched a new game called Warhammer Age of Sigmar. A sequel that took place in the magical dimensions created after the explosion of the Warhammer planet. The poster boy for this new game was a brand new army called Stormcast Eternals. Their models looked like this

They were despised by many long time Warhammer fans, who saw them as a blatant attempt to capture the success of 40,000's Space Marines, and a complete repudiation of the grimy, dirty low fantasy of Warhammer. All of this was made much worse by the fact that on release Warhammer Age of Sigmar was an unplayably bad game. And the lore for this new setting was basically "The Stormcast Eternals are the best things ever, they smash bad guys, there is literally nothing else worth talking about". The Stormcast Eternal was a lightning rod for hate from Warhammer fans who felt betrayed

Now, here in 2019 Warhammer Age of Sigmar has improved considerably, with the latest edition being considered quite good, the lore having been expanded and improved considerably, and new models that are arguably some of the best models in modern tabletop miniature wargaming.

But still that old hate for Age of Sigmar and the Stormcast Eternals persists. And so some clever fellow created a custom Stormcast Eternal miniature in the style of the old Warhammer miniatures, and there you have it, that's why that picture is funny.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Guy Goodbody back to posting unfunny poo poo once again.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

DiggityDoink posted:

Guy Goodbody back to posting unfunny poo poo once again.

as opposed to this hilarious gutbuster of a post

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Here is what the models looked like back then

lmbo

Wheels within wheels

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Gripweed posted:

that picture is funny.

I guess you had to be there.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

OK, here's two pictures that in and of themself may not be funny but together and with context create what I consider to be an amusing juxtaposition

One of the most important characters in Warhammer was Nagash, an ancient and unspeakably powerful necromancer. Here is his Warhammer model, made in 1994

Here is the new model of that very same character, released 20 years later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

OK, here's two pictures that in and of themself may not be funny but together and with context create what I consider to be an amusing juxtaposition

One of the most important characters in Warhammer was Nagash, an ancient and unspeakably powerful necromancer. Here is his Warhammer model, made in 1994

Here is the new model of that very same character, released 20 years later

The new one is pretty fuckin cool.