Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

sharknado slashfic posted:

Jesus I haven't thought about Local H in like 20 years

Local H Candlebox, Stabbing Westward, Dishwalla, 7 Mary 3...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Jaguars! posted:

Oh, Canada

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/395399/air-force-joins-hunt-for-triple-murder-suspects-in-canada

This is some incel type poo poo isn't it, that guy on the right's got that look about him

They're Nazis, had a bunch of stuff on their social media.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Syrian Lannister posted:

Seven Mary Three stayed awesome.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Syrian Lannister posted:

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Stabbing Westward.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Schadenboner posted:

Wait, what did the Harry Potter guy do?

left Dyatlov to run the safety test

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Weren't there some rumors swirling recently that Trump (or one of his cronies) was looking to dissolve the DNI entirely?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I saw Local H last year. They were the main act, although I was actually there for their opener local band.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Flying_Crab posted:

I saw Local H last year. They were the main act, although I was actually there for their opener local band.

oh poo poo scooby snacks

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh poo poo scooby snacks

Fun Lovin Criminals.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh poo poo scooby snacks

No no, that’s the Fun Lovin’ Criminals.

https://youtu.be/gWOFtixfies

My first big concert was seeing Smashing Pumpkins (with Fountains of Wayne) as the opener in early 1997. It was the Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness tour. It loving owned and I’m glad I got to have some good memories of that band before Corgan got addicted to huffing his own farts and started going on Infowars.

Other notable 90s acts I’ve seen: Archers of Loaf in 2012 and Jawbreaker on their reunion tour. So cool that they’re being billed as a major act for Riot Fest.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Let’s go back to 1997-98!

https://youtu.be/zUtnwcv-quE

https://youtu.be/T8IPLgAIueo

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Casimir Radon posted:

The fact that Donnie thinks drinking is one of the worst things you can do to yourself but is happy to take the pennies from slapping his worthless name on some booze is hilarious to me.

That's bullshit Donnie invented because that's the mental gymnastics he needs to pull off so he can blame his brothers death on "The Bottle" and not how lovely he was to his family.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gently caress yeah i remember now

i just remembered asking my dad for the fun loving criminals cd for christmas

he got me fine young cannibals

i

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress yeah i remember now

i just remembered asking my dad for the fun loving criminals cd for christmas

he got me fine young cannibals

i

An goode daad.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah i laughed super hard and that was prolly more enjoyment than what i wouldve gotten from the album

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I went to a few great music festivals around 99-02. I got to see some awesome shows- Garbage was incredible, Cake was fun. "Celebrity Skin" era Hole, Live, Offspring- all the pretty popular bands at the time. I saw Rage Against the Machine at their final Baltimore show.

The worst band I have ever seen perform is Red Hot Chili Peppers. They were the hottest poo poo and touring for Californiacation. Worst loving band. Not sure if it was the heat, the heroin, or what, but they were just loving terrible.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

The Urge still put on one of the best shows out there. Steve Ewing is the man.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

smashing pumpkins was the worst live band imo

and i still love their albums. i just think of them as a studio band like boston

also i saw public enemy get booed off stage because of how poo poo they were performing

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I saw The Who for Quadrophenia when they were touring off their old albums.

They sounded like crap

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

just gonna say iron maiden are on tour in the states right now, and you really need to see them perform live because holy poo poo dudes that age should not have that much loving energy

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“Fear of the Dark” is one of the few songs where from the very first notes, I just wanted to sit and listen in respectful silence. No talking, no checking my phone, just the feeling that I was in for a ride that would leave me like :stwoon:

Loneliness of the Long Distance runner is another loving solid one. That’s in my running playlist :v:

Anyone got any other suggestions for must-have songs from them? They have 39 albums and I can’t sift through that much metal and function in normal society afterwards.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

just gonna say iron maiden are on tour in the states right now, and you really need to see them perform live because holy poo poo dudes that age should not have that much loving energy

my uncle just saw the stones for his 40-something time

he says the heart surgery did wonders for richards

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

smashing pumpkins was the worst live band imo

and i still love their albums. i just think of them as a studio band like boston

also i saw public enemy get booed off stage because of how poo poo they were performing

Billy Corgan describing himself as an apolitical "free-market libertarian capitalist" is the most self serving bullshit any person has ever said, so feel free to never give him any money ever again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvqr366Op3k

this is still my favorite forever

also graham chapmans last recorded performance before he passed

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

Billy Corgan describing himself as an apolitical "free-market libertarian capitalist" is the most self serving bullshit any person has ever said, so feel free to never give him any money ever again.

he also runs a wrestling league

i still like mellon collie. and siamese dream. and machina.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

“Fear of the Dark” is one of the few songs where from the very first notes, I just wanted to sit and listen in respectful silence. No talking, no checking my phone, just the feeling that I was in for a ride that would leave me like :stwoon:

Loneliness of the Long Distance runner is another loving solid one. That’s in my running playlist :v:

Anyone got any other suggestions for must-have songs from them? They have 39 albums and I can’t sift through that much metal and function in normal society afterwards.

Phantom of the Opera, Hallowed be thy Name, Revelations, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, the Seventh Son album in its entirety, the Brave New World and Book of Souls albums, and Wasted Years and Stranger in a Strange Land

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

A Bad Poster posted:

It's not even the worst thing he ever said--he used to be (and may still be I guess) an antivaxxer. Billy Corgan taught me that even people who make things you love can be wrong.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Phantom of the Opera, Hallowed be thy Name, Revelations, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, the Seventh Son album in its entirety, the Brave New World and Book of Souls albums, and Wasted Years and Stranger in a Strange Land

Aces High, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Alexander the Great....

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah billy is a whackjob but he pumps out songs

i give him a kanye pass

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i mean alice cooper is a raging republican but id still rock out to him any day

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Two maiden recommendation posts and neither include The Trooper?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I was reading the wikipedia article on libertarians today and it includes anarchocommunists alongside anarchocapitalists , so other than the recent tea party attempt to capture, I think the core component is dissatisfaction with the two major American parties. B.C. is probably still dumb though.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

stealie72 posted:

Two maiden recommendation posts and neither include The Trooper?

The entire Piece of Mind is a recommendation as well. That album has Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, Die With Your Boots On and The Trooper.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Empire of The Clouds

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

he also runs a wrestling league

i still like mellon collie. and siamese dream. and machina.

He also openly despises the fans.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wasn’t he responsible for his woman band mate descending into drug use? Probably just nasty rumors.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Oh poo poo. Thanks for mentioning this, I love me some classic Iron Maiden. They're all old as gently caress and I've never seen them in a show, so I suppose I probably won't get that many more opportunities. I'll have to try and hit the Chicago show.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The entire Piece of Mind is a recommendation as well. That album has Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, Die With Your Boots On and The Trooper.

This is one of the first CDs I ever got as a kid in the early to mid 90s and it's still probably one of my favorite albums.

Favorite Maiden stuff:

Hallowed Be Thy Name
(Everything on Piece of Mind)
Aces High
Run to the Hills

Tbh pretty much everything from the 80s with Bruce Dickinson is great, and their modern stuff is still good too.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 29, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i get that too

its not like i paid money for a album of his in the past 15 years

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Wasn’t he responsible for his woman band mate descending into drug use? Probably just nasty rumors.

d'arcy? idk, i thought it was their other guitar player who died from drugs after mellon collie was recorded (not james iha)

idk if im remembering that right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/KSBWChristopher...ingawful.com%2F