Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I miss the good old days. :allears: :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

wesleywillis posted:

Considering the weather lately....

"how 'bout that weather lately? Its been pretty hot 'round here"

"You think we're gonna get any rain"?

"How 'bout that barometric pressure"?

You're the lowest common uhh... deniner.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I had a dream that I was doing trivia with my mom that was hosted by Jackie Martling.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

I had a dream that I was doing trivia with my mom that was hosted by Jackie Martling.

Your mom? That's Just Wrong.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You're the lowest common uhh... deniner.

He needs a traction.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

Gone ta aks TubaMike's Mom a ketchin'!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

SU-LU DANCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFzRNWf7Gi0

Guys, it's freaking 2019 and Howard is getting hours of content from OJ Simpson. It's like a weird time warp.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/RealGilbert/status/1153443120404738050

:swoon:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Did they ever discuss Shuli's camping trip with "shaun"?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Holy poo poo, that interview with Bella Thorne is possibly the worst they've ever done. She was completely high, rambling, barely coherent, all over the place. Howard had to ask the same questions three or four times to get something resembling an answer.

"It's like, come on, fuuuuuck, you know, I mean, literally, right?" *stoner laugh* :wtf:

She's the new Courtney Love except Artie isn't there to goof on her.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Haven’t heard it yet and maybe won’t but I remember the Cardi B interview being highly criticized as lazy. I actually thought that one was one of the standout interviews last year.

Cardi B was definitely sincere and appeared to have no idea who Stern even was.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Former Human posted:

Holy poo poo, that interview with Bella Thorne is possibly the worst they've ever done. She was completely high, rambling, barely coherent, all over the place. Howard had to ask the same questions three or four times to get something resembling an answer.

"It's like, come on, fuuuuuck, you know, I mean, literally, right?" *stoner laugh* :wtf:

That was painful, I skipped big pieces of it, and kept being surprised that it was still going when I jumped ahead.

She wasn't just stoned, she's Dumb As a Box Of Rocks.

swims posted:

Cardi B was definitely sincere and appeared to have no idea who Stern even was.

She was stupid, too. Not as dumb as Bella, but still hard for me to take seriously.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Former Human posted:

I'm assuming he didn't asked about her nudes that she leaked herself

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Astro7x posted:

I'm assuming he didn't asked about her nudes that she leaked herself

I didn't know who she was so I googled her and the only thing that came up was how she leaked her own nudes and her PR people alert the paparazzi in advance hoping they show up whenever she goes anywhere.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

I didn't know who she was so I googled her and the only thing that came up was how she leaked her own nudes and her PR people alert the paparazzi in advance hoping they show up whenever she goes anywhere.

Yeah I didn't know anything about her either really and found information about this, plus some :nms: rumors about what happened to her as a Disney child star.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Dumb As a Box Of Rocks.

HUH?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

She hopes to win an Oscar someday.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Squashy Nipples posted:

She was stupid, too. Not as dumb as Bella, but still hard for me to take seriously.

Maybe I’ll see if I can find it and relisten but I remember having it on during kinda a long drive and was entertained. It wasn’t like a funny interview. Basically I remember it being a “Howard plays psychiatrist” drilling the patient down and she answered everything without pause. Plus they plugged in the robin singing Makes Money Moves song which was pretty funny.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

swims posted:

Basically I remember it being a “Howard plays psychiatrist”...

So, just like every interview then?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone have the clip of Eric reading the poem he wrote for Kendra when he gave her the Stephen Singer Limited Edition Gold Dipped Rose?

" My love, like the rose, is a symbol of my love, which is a rose" or something like that?

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Does anyone have the clip of Eric reading the poem he wrote for Kendra when he gave her the Stephen Singer Limited Edition Gold Dipped Rose?

" My love, like the rose, is a symbol of my love, which is a rose" or something like that?

“This rose is symbol of the fact that it symbolizes that my heart is as pure as the gold. You are as beautiful as the rose.”

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Stephen Singer Limited Edition Gold Dipped Rose?

lol Eric must have been the kid that would by flowers for girls in the strip club. Or make someone else buy them for him.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
God, that makes me sad. RIP you evil midget.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

lol Eric must have been the kid that would by flowers for girls in the strip club. Or make someone else buy them for him.

No doubt. We know that he sent roses to Carrie Underwood thanks to the prank call they made impersonating her.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

he was also convinced there are werewolves in the midwest so eric wasn't the brightest when it comes to women or things that go bump in the night

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Percelus posted:

he was also convinced there are werewolves in the midwest so eric wasn't the brightest when it comes to women or things that go bump in the night

"I KNOW they d... on't exist, b... ut Johnny said he saw i... t on wiki.... pedia...".

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I would love to know how much money Johnny Fratto actually cleared from his partnership or w/e with Eric. There's NO way it was worth all the aggravation.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

haljordan posted:

I would love to know how much money Johnny Fratto actually cleared from his partnership or w/e with Eric. There's NO way it was worth all the aggravation.

I'm thinking he was either legitimately paid by the show per gig/appearance/Eric-related-project, or it was really for exposure.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
There is no chance he made a penny off of Eric and I don't think he had much else going that he needed exposure for. It's possible the show was giving him something to keep the content coming, but I honestly believe he didn't have much else going and it gave him something to do.

...And then Eric sent him a bill.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

They've done six shows since June 26th and are now on vacation again.

If James Brown was the hardest working man in show business then Howard Stern is the laziest.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm thinking he was either legitimately paid by the show per gig/appearance/Eric-related-project, or it was really for exposure.

I doubt he was paid by the show itself, but he definitely was working deals with sponsorships and such. The best example is that time Eric went to some strip club and kept having to call back and work in a plug with Johnny prodding him the whole time to tell Howard how awesome the strip club was. Artie called Johnny out on how blatant it was.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Sand Monster posted:

I doubt he was paid by the show itself, but he definitely was working deals with sponsorships and such. The best example is that time Eric went to some strip club and kept having to call back and work in a plug with Johnny prodding him the whole time to tell Howard how awesome the strip club was. Artie called Johnny out on how blatant it was.

Eric was too busy screaming insults at people to plug the joint

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Former Human posted:

They've done six shows since June 26th and are now on vacation again.

If James Brown was the hardest working man in show business then Howard Stern is the laziest.

Doesn't Howard have something like 50 writers crammed into a tiny office like chinamen? What the hell do they do with all this downtime?

I don't really blame Howard for half-assing it for so long. If Sirius XM is dumb enough to keep paying him to phone it in for so many contracts then more power to him.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Two Kings posted:

Doesn't Howard have something like 50 writers crammed into a tiny office like chinamen? What the hell do they do with all this downtime?

I don't really blame Howard for half-assing it for so long. If Sirius XM is dumb enough to keep paying him to phone it in for so many contracts then more power to him.

I think he knows that if he retires and starts spending the time he usually spends doing the show with Beth he'll be divorced in 2 years and die alone. I honestly think he uses the show as an excuse to get the gently caress out of his cat piss filled mansion.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
He actually mentioned during the one drat week he was back that he loved having all of the time off, but Beth was saying if he retires he would go crazy (read she would go crazy).

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Two Kings posted:

I am making a bunch of assumptions here:

Brent mentioned that they only have a few minutes to take a piss during the show and have to be back at their workstation when the show comes back from break. I assume the whole writing staff is basically huddled in that "chinamen" office setting writing jokes on the fly to feed to Howard over the computer. Since it's easier to just shout things out than the use a messenger on the computer when writing and improving lines on the fly.

All those people also probably have to write bits for the show as well. I assume that every time some back office caller calls in, it's completely scripted with their lines and Howard's lines, so all that stuff gets drafts and some sort of approval process.

It also seems that they do a lot of rehearsals for bits in the studio. Like I remember them saying they were doing blocking for the Heaviest Diaper contest "the other week" or something like that. So that's all time that needs to be done when they are not in the studio for the show. Or things like taping fake Alex Jones, making phony phone calls, musical radio, man on the street, and other produced bits.

It also sounds like there is a whole "Tapes Team" that works a normal 9-5 shift, doing what? I have no idea. I would assume that there is a team of people that produce Sternthology, which involves deciding on the run down of the day, unarchiving it, scanning it for potential edits, compiling it all, and then since it's all prerecorded someone has to listen to it all for 2+ hours to just QC the thing. They is probably a similar process for Vacation weeks and the Thursday/Friday best of show being made in the same way, deciding what goes on it and making the best of show.

I really don't know what JD does during downtime. His job only seems relevant to pulling clips to put on the air, and maybe the news, which are only relevant if they are pulled from the day prior. It's not like they do a news recap when they come back. I assume there are ongoing things that they just don't get to, hence the cleaning out the computer segments, so who knows how much stuff he works on that never sees air.

I don't know... that's just my guess on it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is also a not on air writers room .

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Astro7x posted:

It also sounds like there is a whole "Tapes Team" that works a normal 9-5 shift, doing what? I have no idea.

Editing out all of the times that Howard was "out of his mind back then".

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Howard should just spend retirement relaxing and doing a nice weekly podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s almost there

Next contract will probably be 2 shows a week. 30 weeks a year