Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he gave him the hardest chair shot of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also smashed his head through a popcorn machine that almost certainly wasn't gimmicked

But you know, WWE has always cared about worker safety

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

yea ok posted:

he gave him the hardest chair shot of all time

Harder than his hit on Kanyon? gently caress.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
@ 1:20, it's even worse than I remember it being https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8diwh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

@ 1:20, it's even worse than I remember it being https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8diwh
jesus christ

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Motherfucker that’s a stiff chair shot

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't think bradshaw hit either of the public enemy guys with a chairshot that stiff, good god

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats the theme jcp-early wcw used to make transitions? its an famous instrumental piece for the life of me i cant remember the name

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Balls Mahoney being like man lay off a bit Taker.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For me the worst is that segment where Shamrock dared Rock to hit him, and Rock loving swung for the fences. Directly in the face.

It was like a Three Stooges bit, except I didn't laugh

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 29, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

actually you're thinking of ryan shamrock, not The Rock.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Benne posted:

I usually just lurk on this thread but I recall watching in the moment with a couple of friends and wondering aloud if there would be work/shoot retaliation for Undertaker accidentally overselling an elimination.

*crash*

Yeah, that's it :cry:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

balancedbias posted:

I usually just lurk on this thread but I recall watching in the moment with a couple of friends and wondering aloud if there would be work/shoot retaliation for Undertaker accidentally overselling an elimination.

*crash*

Yeah, that's it :cry:

Hello!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Rare instance of a hosed up way-too-hard chairshot to the head being good: Stevie Richards hitting one on JBL as a receipt for the poo poo he pulled at ONS 05

Any chance to inflict pain on JBL is an opportunity worth taking imo.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
This is one of the nastiest I remember (Austin vs. Ref, Backlash 2000)

Kennel fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 29, 2019

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Benne posted:

My God, you can see the skull indentation in the steel.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWNprByHwrc&t=70s the song at the start of this clip. whats the name?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Timby posted:

My God, you can see the skull indentation in the steel.

It also looks like the chair partially connects with the legs instead of the flat part, which makes it worse.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I can't imagine there's been anything worse than Rock hitting a handcuffed Mankind 11 times at Royal Rumble 99.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

TriffTshngo posted:

Rare instance of a hosed up way-too-hard chairshot to the head being good: Stevie Richards hitting one on JBL as a receipt for the poo poo he pulled at ONS 05

Any chance to inflict pain on JBL is an opportunity worth taking imo.

Stevie actually hits him with the backrest and not the seat :gonk:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I can't imagine there's been anything worse than Rock hitting a handcuffed Mankind 11 times at Royal Rumble 99.

Yeah, especially since Foley said he was already out cold after the first or second shot and held a legitimate grudge against The Rock for years for not coming to check on him after the match, despite there being video footage of Rock actually visiting with him to make sure that he was okay. Foley was just so completely discombobulated that, much like the Cell match with Undertaker, he has no actual memory of it.

Foley should never have stepped into a ring to wrestle ever again after that bloodbath.

And then he and Flair decide it's a great idea to spill a gallon of blood between each other in a throwaway match on a TNA Impact.

Timby fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 29, 2019

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

as it turns out Taker throwing Maven into the popcorn machine was LESS horrible than we remembered since it had no glass on the side he threw him into.

But Maven probably has no memory of the spot.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Being that we're talking about this again, I had this question years ago and I don't think anyone was able to answer it:

Did anything ever come of the whole Dave Taylor incident when it comes to the Benoit murders? Apparently the neighbor reported seeing Taylor and his wife arriving with food platters after she discovered the bodies and before the cops arrived. WWE swore he was in Texas at the PPV, but other wrestlers have denied this, and Taylor has said he doesn't recall. And authorities apparently never followed up on it. If it is true, I was under the impression that they were sent by the WWE to check out what was going on before the press got there and it turned into a PR nightmare. Which is what happened anyway.
A few years back, seemingly out of nowhere, Regal tweeted out of the blue—IIRC in a way where if you didn't know the story you wouldn't readily know what he was talking about—that there was a story about Dave Taylor being at a certain place on a certain day, and that it wasn't true because he was with Taylor. Because it was SO out of nowhere, I asked him why he was tweeting about it, and he said it was because Taylor was getting knee surgery, and as you get older, you start to inventory things if any of your friends get put under for surgery in case anything goes wrong.

Regal is a pretty drat straight-up guy, and I don't want to make it sound like I'm impugning him. But there are plenty of reasons not to believe him. Taylor's story wasn't just that he was there as a standby, it was that he had flown himself to Texas for the weekend and said this was a common practice to collect a draw and/or get work as a replacement. IIRC, I asked someone on the roster and he said that it didn't sound right at all. There's also nothing about Taylor in Finlay's agent report for the Beaumont house show where Benoit called in advance about being unable to make it. Plus there doesn't appear to be any reason for the neighbor to make it up.

It's likely just WWE being overly touchy: If the Taylors were bringing food etc. it's likely because they genuinely thought the Benoits were recovering from the illness that Chris had reported, even if the food in question didn't make sense for people they were fresh off vomiting blood. But it's definitely one of the weirder aspects of the whole thing and something that's gone unexplained.

Also, BTW, as far as the Daivari thing discussed upthread: The posts about Daivari joining in the workout voluntary are correct. The confusion comes in because it was often conflated over the years with other Benoit/hack squat stories.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Cameo posted:

Stevie actually hits him with the backrest and not the seat :gonk:

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
I know I see it referenced every now and then, how adept a particular wrestler is at really selling the late 2 count, so...what are some of the best 2.99999 counts? I imagine the context of a given match/moment enhances this sort of thing a lot.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

FakePoet posted:

I know I see it referenced every now and then, how adept a particular wrestler is at really selling the late 2 count, so...what are some of the best 2.99999 counts? I imagine the context of a given match/moment enhances this sort of thing a lot.

I'd have to be at home to tell you which matches (or someone here can beat me to it) but Okada is some kind of timing genius when it comes to 2.9999999s.

Someone help a brother out.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

FakePoet posted:

Comedy option: Jeff Jarrett

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

God speaking of Jarrett's poo poo kickouts, forums favorite Taichi did one that gave me flashbacks to him the other day.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Puckish Rogue posted:

I'd have to be at home to tell you which matches (or someone here can beat me to it) but Okada is some kind of timing genius when it comes to 2.9999999s.

Someone help a brother out.

Not a kickout but him getting the ropes at 2.99999 against Kenny after taking the One Winged Angel was amazing

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I just searched on Youtube after the Jarrett mentions above, and I ended up watching the latter part of Jarrett vs Monty Brown.

Jesus tapdancing Christ, you guys weren't kidding.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

anakha posted:

I just searched on Youtube after the Jarrett mentions above, and I ended up watching the latter part of Jarrett vs Monty Brown.

Jesus tapdancing Christ, you guys weren't kidding.

I skipped forward randomly to see him kick out of a powebomb by sticking both hands up straight into the air. His shoulders didnt even move.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

FakePoet posted:

Morishima kicking out of Claudio/Cesaro's Ricola Bomb from ROH Death Before Dishonor V Night 1. People swore he kicked out after 3. Incredible match and that one spot, him getting the giant dude up for the power bomb and so many people thinking he won was an amazing moment.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

FakePoet posted:

David Starr and Walter had an amazing match recently where there was a ref bump because Walter John Woo'd the gently caress out of him, so he's collapsed. Then Starr smashes Walter with the belt, and hops on top of Walter for the pin. The crowd chants ONE.... TWO.....TH- And Walter gets the shoulder up in the nick of time. Even when it would have been a phantom pin, Starr couldn't do it. It was the best thing in the world.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Morishima kicking out of Claudio/Cesaro's Ricola Bomb from ROH Death Before Dishonor V Night 1. People swore he kicked out after 3. Incredible match and that one spot, him getting the giant dude up for the power bomb and so many people thinking he won was an amazing moment.

Of the people who never held the ROH title, Claudio really stands out as maybe someone who should have. Him, Hero and Alex Shelley, IMO.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Alex Shelley might still, he's got a title shot in a couple weeks.

On the other hand maybe they'll feed one of the best wrestlers in ROH's history to I'm Matt Taven.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Alex Shelley should've beaten Austin Aries at Manhattan Mayhem II

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
question:

why are there matt taven fans

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's all they got and they don't wanna be alone

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Alex Shelley should've beaten Austin Aries at Manhattan Mayhem II

That would've been really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Draxion posted:

Alex Shelley might still, he's got a title shot in a couple weeks.

On the other hand maybe they'll feed one of the best wrestlers in ROH's history to I'm Matt Taven.

MATT TAVEN will send back Alex Melvin to his Melvin Productions crap!