Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Agreed, if you're not coming up with the posts yourself as the gimmick, like calibanibal, then just gently caress off, or post it and source it so we can circle jerk about how terrible it is without having to wonder.

Seconding this. Shitposting unsourced quotes that I have to waste my time thinking about doesn't improve the experience of D&D in any way. One Calibanibal is enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Chilichimp posted:

Agreed, if you're not coming up with the posts yourself as the gimmick, like calibanibal, then just gently caress off, or post it and source it so we can circle jerk about how terrible it is without having to wonder.

Agreed, if you're not coming up with the posts yourself as the gimmick, like calibanibal, then it doesn't work but at least you were able to keep it up.
I was actually considering an alternate explanation for the whole thing, but then I remembered I made an account recently (with username caliger) so I was going to use it until I get around to actually posting it. However, I got this PM from caliger, who had just noticed I've made multiple posts (to this post ). I decided, "why not just get rid of it all?" I don't think I can actually delete all of the posts, in fact, I've created another account where I can create posts, but this new account can keep posting posts. I don't think it matters where they are or if their posts are actually true, even if these posts aren't actually written down as the "real" calibanibal stuff. The only difference for me is to make some posts to get on my radar, but to make other posts so they are just like any normal, everyday posts for a regular guy like me (that I'm really, really excited to meet) so I know they're legit and I don't have to go to the trouble of actually writing them down, even if it's a longer, different reason. I hope

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im still lollin about fully embracing M4A by declaring medicare advantage to be the thing people want

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
medicare advantage, but only for those who maintain a doctor in a disadvantaged community as their primary care provider for at least three years

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I thought medicare advantage was only for libras born under a full moon in states that have authorized lemon laws?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just don't understand South Carolina at all.

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1154813006490034176?s=19

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Bernie might be losing support to Biden: https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-07-28/usc-latimes-poll-democratic-primary-voters

The Vermont senator has a solid core of supporters, many of whom grew attached to him in 2016 when he ran against Hillary Clinton. One indication of that: He did best among the roughly 1 in 4 voters who neither watched the June debate nor heard or read about it.

Outside of his core support, Sanders has been losing backers, and unlike other candidates, he has picked up relatively few new ones. Almost half the supporters he had in April have moved elsewhere.

About 1 in 10 former Sanders backers now say they’re undecided. Twice as many, however, now back Biden.

That’s a reminder of another important fact: Voters aren’t as ideological as analysts sometimes make them out to be.

Sanders has staked out the left-most position in the contest. Warren shares many of his policy views. Biden has defined himself as a centrist. But nearly three times as many former Sanders backers moved to Biden as moved to Warren.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1155881920116514816

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

A new voice from a new generation such as...uh...a 45 year old man who can't cum unless he's sending 20 year olds to die in a war based on his misunderstanding of who did 9/11

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nazgul has a talent for finding the worst posts that you can still believe a real person said

How is that good or beneficial to anyone

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

LinYutang posted:

Bernie might be losing support to Biden: https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-07-28/usc-latimes-poll-democratic-primary-voters

The Vermont senator has a solid core of supporters, many of whom grew attached to him in 2016 when he ran against Hillary Clinton. One indication of that: He did best among the roughly 1 in 4 voters who neither watched the June debate nor heard or read about it.

Outside of his core support, Sanders has been losing backers, and unlike other candidates, he has picked up relatively few new ones. Almost half the supporters he had in April have moved elsewhere.

About 1 in 10 former Sanders backers now say they’re undecided. Twice as many, however, now back Biden.

That’s a reminder of another important fact: Voters aren’t as ideological as analysts sometimes make them out to be.

Sanders has staked out the left-most position in the contest. Warren shares many of his policy views. Biden has defined himself as a centrist. But nearly three times as many former Sanders backers moved to Biden as moved to Warren.

Is LA times doing that weird tracker thing where they only poll the same people over and over again that led to Trump having like 40% support amount young blacks because that one guy was a trump fan, again?

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Hell yes he's still at it.

https://twitter.com/JohnDelaney/status/1155871066121748480?s=20

Looking forward to future generations replacing $25/hr trade workers for $13 in the national service. Maybe replace those $17/hr DoT road crews with 20 year olds clearing a fat $12.57. They're working for experience, and to serve their country.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Biden's support is durable and worrying. Remember, most voters will never know more about Biden than that he stood next to Obama who they like for 8 years.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/IanSams/status/1155789697836290050

mcmagic posted:

Biden's support is durable and worrying. Remember, most voters will never know more about Biden than that he stood next to Obama who they like for 8 years.

yeah obama really hosed us.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

when all you know is losing, you gravitate toward losers

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m really struggling to find a reason why anyone outside of his district would support Tim Ryan

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

williamson should be in jail

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Endorph posted:

Huh weird, everyone thought I was lying when I called her out on this poo poo.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Williamson IS in prison... the prison of the flesh

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1155875442622119941?s=20

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Solkanar512 posted:

Huh weird, everyone thought I was lying when I called her out on this poo poo.

I mean most of us were there with you on Williamsons huckster faith healing bullshit.

She's unqualified to be on that stage.

And then, no one in this thread would say 1 good word for her candidacy.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 29, 2019

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Well she's pursuing her own rigid ideology, it's just something no one has ever asked for disguised as the things people actually want. And it's not like we haven't seen this tried before. I wonder how it went the last time...

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Endorph posted:

she's absolutely right about antidepressants

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Endorph posted:

im the "williamson, hay and others told gay men that they could cure themselves" that links to an article only about hay

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Well here's an huge boost for Kamala.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AOC/status/1155921310096265216

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
cant wait to put some of my home's equity into climate

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m really struggling to find a reason why anyone outside of his district would support Tim Ryan

me too

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I thought Tim Ryan was Republican? Didn't he run for the Republican nomination in 2012?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sadly we don't live in the reality where the bad people go to prison work-rehabilitation camps, instead we have ~15+ candidates who should be in prison work-rehabilitation camps but instead are running for congress.

Thankfully we have at least Sanders.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Trabisnikof posted:

Sadly we don't live in the reality where the bad people go to prison work-rehabilitation camps, instead we have ~15+ candidates who should be in prison work-rehabilitation camps but instead are running for congress.

Thankfully we have at least Sanders.

the 9/11 aumf he supported murdered millions across the globe

there are no clean hands

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/dsam4a/status/1155919698250387456?s=20

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

Gripweed posted:

I thought Tim Ryan was Republican? Didn't he run for the Republican nomination in 2012?
Are you thinking of Paul Ryan?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i can find people excited about biden, marianne, beto, bootyjudge

hell, i've even found one poor bastard advocating for jay inslee purely off of height

there is nobody excited for tim ryan. nobody.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

twodot posted:

Are you thinking of Paul Ryan?

Is that a different person?

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

Endorph posted:

It seems to me like a lot of these accusations against Marianne are confusing her - either intentionally or just because it was so long ago - with Louise Hay, who definitely literally preached this poo poo and wrote books about it:

quote:

This follow-up to Hay's bestselling You Can Heal Your Life repeats and further elaborates on her philosophythat self-love can create salutary changes in physical healthby applying the theme specifically to AIDS. Hay's discussion of reincarnation and other issues, however, will comfort sufferers of all varieties of disease, especially those labeled "terminally" ill by the medical establishment. The author believes that AIDS is "a message from the body, the final attempt of one's own consciousness to communicate"; at the same time, she maintains that worldwide famine and poverty as well as the universal threat of nuclear holocaust are forms of AIDS that affect the whole planet and that will force us to "look at what we are doing on an individual and collective level." Hay's methods of safe sex, nutrition, exercise, and of dealing with parents, doctors and hospitals, living wills and the like are highlighted throughout by case histories of People with Aids (PWAs) "in the process of healing themselves," who explain what combinations of diet and spiritual exploration they employ. While some will surely object to Hay's basic premise ("From the many PWAs I have come to know, it seems clear that the lack of lovelove of themselves, love of and from othershas played a large role in their acquiring the disease"), her dual message that the mind is a powerful healer and that we must all take responsibility for our own lives and health has broad appeal.
Copyright 1988 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Where I can find no evidence that Marianne believed such things or supported those beliefs

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mcmagic posted:

Biden's support is durable and worrying.

lol

he said this earnestly in july of 2019, a day before the first debate of the second clown car primary debate, and the repeated gaffes biden has made since april that definitely won't stick to his craw in the foreseeable future, to the chagrin and exasperation of his campaign advisors who is struggling to keep his senility in check

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

lol

he said this earnestly in july of 2019, a day before the first debate of the second clown car primary debate, and the repeated gaffes biden has made since april that definitely won't stick to his craw in the foreseeable future, to the chagrin and exasperation of his campaign advisors who is struggling to keep his senility in check

biden's support is durable because he doubled up on heavy duty diaps

its the only way to haul around more than 8 pounds without leaving stains

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

redneck nazgul posted:

i can find people excited about biden, marianne, beto, bootyjudge

hell, i've even found one poor bastard advocating for jay inslee purely off of height

there is nobody excited for tim ryan. nobody.

lol

Also I’m gonna release you from your toxx, you can post the final number of people you got if you want.

No more unattributed quote posting in this thread though.

Calibanibal, near as I can tell, actually writes their own gimmick posts, which is part of why they’re funny.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

similarly:

https://twitter.com/andrewperezdc/status/1155919756005924865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

Is this a bad thing? It doesn’t seem bad. I can’t tell.

If I had to describe it in one short phrase, I'd say it's mediocre. There's very little in there that's outright bad, but the good stuff is kind of weak. It's like if the Harris campaign tried to write their own version of the Green New Deal.

Oh, speaking of which...

This is a cheap stripped-down knockoff of the Inslee proposal, which pares it down to just the core policy piece: it creates an office similar to the CBO which would evaluate any environmental legislation and issue a non-binding "environmental justice rating", and requires most government agencies to hire climate justice advisors.

No, that's literally all it does (at least according to the reports so far). It's pure lanyard wonkery at its finest.