Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
a man ahead of the times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

did kyoon ever have a directed shtick or was it all pretty random. it's been forever

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

deckgibson posted:

pisspiggranddad proposed this on the latest chapo actually

I support Operation Bay of Piss Pigs

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

i say swears online posted:

did kyoon ever have a directed shtick or was it all pretty random. it's been forever
his only constant that i ever picked up on was that bald people are evil and evil people are, perhaps secretly, bald

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

broken clock

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
kyoon knew

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1155614472855281664

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

everyone knows papa doc killed kennedy by making offerings to baron samedi, who was well pleased by the offerings and struck that perverted mick down by possessing an innocent young marxist and making him pull the trigger. the voodoo deep state is real.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm one of the most prominent lawyers in the world, who doesn't have a computer.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

I'm one of the most prominent lawyers in the world, who doesn't have a computer.

It’s almost the same defence as Jimmy Saville used on the program he did with Louis Theroux - “if I don’t have a computer they can’t find nothing on me, see?”

That’s not the greatest statement for a lawyer to be making really.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

JFK sucked and would have achieved nothing except escalatibg the Vietnam war just as much as LBJ so whatever conspiracy murdered him did us a favor as we at least got civil rights and war on poverty out of it

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Report: Jeffrey Epstein Saved by Ex-Cop Cellmate Charged with Quadruple Murder

so now the official story is that his cellmate SAVED jeffery!!! folks we are being gaslit!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
my brain is bouncing off the walls with this poo poo!! this loving guy will never be allowed to testify he will never be allowed to reveal who is a pedo!!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quidditch it and quit it posted:

It’s almost the same defence as Jimmy Saville used on the program he did with Louis Theroux - “if I don’t have a computer they can’t find nothing on me, see?”

That’s not the greatest statement for a lawyer to be making really.

Im sad this rear end in a top hat didnt get caught while he was still alive

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Im sad this rear end in a top hat didnt get caught while he was still alive

there's a reason why he didnt get caught while he was alive

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

HerraS posted:

gently caress reading about the CIA from a western perspective, dig up some eastern bloc sources that show how the entire agency is a bunch of dumb fucks that the KGB played like a fiddle

homering for various intelligence agencies. smh

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

HerraS posted:

gently caress reading about the CIA from a western perspective, dig up some eastern bloc sources that show how the entire agency is a bunch of dumb fucks that the KGB played like a fiddle

It's been years since I read it about I'm pretty sure the big takeaway I got from Legacy of Ashes was that the KGB just danced circles around US intelligence.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Danger posted:

It's been years since I read it about I'm pretty sure the big takeaway I got from Legacy of Ashes was that the KGB just danced circles around US intelligence.

Yeah, it goes in depth on how the CIA started as a bunch of effete Harvard WASP lawyers who were totally out of their depth. The book talks a lot about how James J Angleton was either supremely incompetent or literally in league with the Cambridge Five lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blast of Confetti posted:

who did john mcafee murder so i know if hes cool or not

he is not

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol is epstein going to "suicide" in his suicide watch cell now

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

there's a reason why he didnt get caught while he was alive

he was the own-brand Epstein

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mcafee is funny in a TRUMP sort of way

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

ya but have you heard of Beria?????

I heard that he died screaming.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1155821899026448385

woww.... what a shock

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

JFK sucked and would have achieved nothing except escalatibg the Vietnam war just as much as LBJ so whatever conspiracy murdered him did us a favor as we at least got civil rights and war on poverty out of it

The Bay of Pigs was JFK's own baby. The idea that he was assassinated by a US government conspiracy just doesn't make any sense, since supposedly he was assassinated for not being enough of a cold warrior.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
No real conspiracy will ever get exposed because no one can talk about a conspiracy without bringing in every other conspiracy from the post fifty years so it all blends into the same crank poo poo to the casual observer.

like a normal guy starts reading and goes “ah I see in the news they arrested this rich pedophile and what’s this he seems to have connections to all these other rich and powerful people? hmm let me look into this oh wait they’re talking about JFK and 9/11 and poo poo never mind just more crazy stuff!”

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

the official US government line on the JFK assassination is that there was a conspiracy so...

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Report: Jeffrey Epstein Saved by Ex-Cop Cellmate Charged with Quadruple Murder

so now the official story is that his cellmate SAVED jeffery!!! folks we are being gaslit!

so he choked himself? is that the story now, that rules

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

the official US government line on the JFK assassination is that there was a conspiracy so...

doesnt a conspiracy by definition require more than one person and the official story is oswald acted entirely alone

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Shear Modulus posted:

doesnt a conspiracy by definition require more than one person and the official story is oswald acted entirely alone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Assassinations#Conclusions

he fired the shot, but there were other people involved, and they concluded it might have been mob ties but couldn't prove anything. anyways it was probably CIA/Mob working together

quote:

The committee believes, on the basis of the evidence available to it, that Kennedy was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy. The committee was unable to identify the other gunmen or the extent of the conspiracy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Bay of Pigs was JFK's own baby. The idea that he was assassinated by a US government conspiracy just doesn't make any sense, since supposedly he was assassinated for not being enough of a cold warrior.

well, what i've heard along those lines is that jfk was assassinated by a us govt conspiracy in that the cia was super mad at him for not invading cuba when the bay of pigs failed and considered it a personal vendetta

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's a pretty decent chance that it was bush sr. who carried it out, which is hilarious.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

well, what i've heard along those lines is that jfk was assassinated by a us govt conspiracy in that the cia was super mad at him for not invading cuba when the bay of pigs failed and considered it a personal vendetta

the bay of pigs was literally an invasion of Cuba. iirc it’s supposed that they were mad because JFK didn’t give them air support. I dunno, it’s a weak story because JFK did act to gently caress over Cuba and the Soviet Union as retaliation for Bay if Pigs.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's a pretty decent chance that it was bush sr. who carried it out, which is hilarious.

favorite part of the 2016 primary was Trupm accusing the wrong parent of killing JFK https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/trump-ted-cruz-father-222730

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Not really. It was a holdover from the Eisenhower administration and Kennedy was pissed off enough at how mislead he was regarding the probability for success that he shortly thereafter cleared house by removing CIA Director Allen Dulles, as well as the Deputy Director for Plans Richard Bissell and Deputy Director Charles Cabell. the broad continuity of US foreign policy before and after Kennedy's death and his status as an ardent Cold Warrior would argue against the idea that he was assassinated as part of a coup because he wasn't sufficiently anti-Communist but that doesn't mean he wasn't in conflict with members of his own government, especially after what they viewed as his failure of nerve during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

None of which is to say he was killed as part of an elaborate coup. There's more continuity than change in the Kennedy-Johnson administrations which makes the argument for a coup hard to sustain. Assuming JFK was killed as part of a conspiracy it wouldn't really have been a "government" conspiracy though individual members of the government may have either participated or simply enabled it ("whoops, the mobsters we've been using to try and assassinate Castro just murdered the President, we better make sure this never gets out!" or "oh poo poo the crazy Marxist we've been monitoring as part of mole hunt against the KGB just mail ordered a rifle and shot the President, time to memory hole everything we have on him"). The one unquestionable fact is that the Warren Commission's only goal was to convince people Oswald acted alone, with absolutely no concern for whether that was true.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the bay of pigs was literally an invasion of Cuba. iirc it’s supposed that they were mad because JFK didn’t give them air support. I dunno, it’s a weak story because JFK did act to gently caress over Cuba and the Soviet Union as retaliation for Bay if Pigs.

Dulles misrepresented the probability of the invasion succeeding on its own in the expectation that in the heat of the moment Kennedy would be concerned about the optics of a failed operation so early in his term and would therefore acquiesce to sending in the US air force. Kennedy surprised Dulles by not bending under pressure and then really surprised Dulles by not just accepting his designated fall guy and forcing Dulles himself to also resign.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

eh they reach that vague conclusion from the fact that they determined there to be a second shooter due to acoustical analysis which was later discredited.

quote:

Although the HSCA had prepared a draft report confirming the Warren Commission's single shooter theory and finding no evidence of conspiracy, at the eleventh hour, the committee was swayed by a since-disputed acoustic analysis of a dictabelt police channel recording.[1]:495 This acoustic analysis of the dictabelt recording by the firm Bolt, Beranek and Newman Inc. concluded that four shots were fired at the president, thus causing the HSCA to reverse its earlier position and report "that Kennedy was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy."[1]:9 In terms of scientific evidence, the HSCA acknowledged that the existence of a second shooter was only supported by this acoustic analysis.[1]:84

As recommended by the HSCA, the Justice Department reviewed those findings through the FBI's Technical Services Division and by contracting the National Academy of Science, which specially appointed the Committee on Ballistic Acoustics (CBA). Both the FBI and CBA analyzed the acoustic data and BBN's scientific methodology and concluded that their findings were mistaken.[14][15] Although there has been some recent back and forth between different researchers, the HSCA's acoustic analysis is widely considered to be discredited.[4][12]:377[16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25]

The most interesting thing to come out of that bungling is the revelation years later that the CIA def hid poo poo from them and imo that means the CIA probably had a hand in it because why else would you bother stymieing the investigation?

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 18:59 on Jul 29, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Epstein in the brain.
Epstein in the membrane.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

The most interesting thing to come out of that bungling is the revelation years later that the CIA def hid poo poo from them and imo that means the CIA probably had a hand in it because why else would you bother stymieing the investigation?

I'm not saying the CIA didn't kill JFK but like I can see the CIA doing that just because

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

make another thread dickholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the thing most likely the held back was them watching the assassin for years so them hiding that gently caress up is on brand,