Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Moola posted:

Forgeworld should be merged with a dumpster

because they're trash

Normally I'd argue but

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux: for two of the new AT knights and then
:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux: for the cards is straight up trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Come on man, you've been around long enough to know GW pricing sucks all around.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I was totally prepared for the $50 figures, but looking at the GW store the rules cards are like five pieces of cardboard...that my LGS mispriced.

:doh:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
This is why I gave people the option to buy the cards as singles. Nobody needs 5.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Didn't even know FW are doing AT kits

Plastic or resin? Because Forgeworld resin at AT scale is the HARDEST of passes for me lol

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Moola posted:

Didn't even know FW are doing AT kits

Plastic or resin? Because Forgeworld resin at AT scale is the HARDEST of passes for me lol

All AT is plastic bar a couple of resin alternate warlord weapons from FW.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Solemn Sloth posted:

What if you’re interested in warcry but not bloodbowl/AT/necromunda

There’s vastly less traffic in here - I assume, having never been in the other thread.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

This just in: AT is insanely good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Corrode posted:

This just in: AT is insanely good

:aaa:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

ineptmule posted:

There’s vastly less traffic in here - I assume, having never been in the other thread.

It feels like it never gets above 10-20 posts a day and normally much less than that tbh. It’s also got a lot more crossover with AoS than the other games here do with their universe. Can use AoS models in Warcry and Warcry models in AoS.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 27, 2019

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
You can use Shadespire models in AoS... but why?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
they're good models Bront

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It's more of a dis on AoS, really. The Warbands were good (skellies, blood blooders, other blood blooders) more often than not (tzeench, stalagtites unite). However, they're banded into stupid hero units in TT, and it's even sillier with the Warcry ones.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

JcDent posted:

However, they're banded into stupid hero units in TT, and it's even sillier with the Warcry ones.

More like blanded ammirite? :c00l:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

God, Warcry release is much better timed than Necromunda's, it's ridiculous.

Also, gently caress this bullshit. First Badlands, now some sort of Law book? And a major rules thing released as two decks (of assuredly limited) cards? This game would be near unplayable without that reddit dude compiling poo poo.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

JcDent posted:

It's more of a dis on AoS, really. The Warbands were good (skellies, blood blooders, other blood blooders) more often than not (tzeench, stalagtites unite). However, they're banded into stupid hero units in TT, and it's even sillier with the Warcry ones.

Yeah aos is trash

Still better than 40k though

I'll probably try Warcry cause it sounds cool

Moola fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 29, 2019

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Moola posted:

Yeah aos is trash

Still better than 40k though

I'll probably try Warcry cause it sounds cool

As well you should. Mordheim is super dead, and this is the replacement.

Iron Golems, so cool.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Happy 20th anniversary, Mordheim!

:toot:

:confuoot:

:(

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

JcDent posted:

God, Warcry release is much better timed than Necromunda's, it's ridiculous.

Also, gently caress this bullshit. First Badlands, now some sort of Law book? And a major rules thing released as two decks (of assuredly limited) cards? This game would be near unplayable without that reddit dude compiling poo poo.

While I agree the Necromunda release model isn't great, I'm withholding judgment at the moment. Agree that card packs are a terrible way to release rules. I do hope, though, that the underdog and intrigue cards are just a different presentation of things which exist in the book. If not, yeah, gently caress that.

As for the books themselves, I am Necromunda-mad and will probably buy the Book of Justice anyway. But I can't deny that I was slightly disappointed with the Book of Peril and unless there's tons of extra non-Enforcer stuff in this second one, it could easily have been combined. Or at least throw proper expanded rules for Genestealers and Chaos cults in there as well.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

moths posted:

:unsmith:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

moths posted:

There is no Mordheim, only Sigmar.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

moths posted:

Tuomas Pirinen gave a talk at Ropecon for the 20th anniversary, wherein he revealed that the Sisters of Sigmar were correct all along, the comet brought an avatar of Sigmar who opposed the Shadowlord.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
It would be really cool if GW did a made to order of the warbands. Hell with the free cities book coming they could bring back the militia box and not even acknowledge Mordheim and still do some good.

Chances of seeing a new edition are slim to none, but man it remains my favourite setting.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Hedningen posted:

...wherein he revealed that the Sisters of Sigmar were correct all along, the comet brought an avatar of Sigmar who opposed the Shadowlord.

That would have been cooler than Be'Lakor but it doesn't gel with Mordheim being "historical," and the Avatar of Sigmar never making it to WHFB.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
so is Warcry actually good? I see alot of positive initial reviews

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Nebalebadingdong posted:

so is Warcry actually good? I see alot of positive initial reviews

Games not out til the third, so most you'd get is impressions of people who've played 1 or 2 test games using the starter warbands. I've been hearing that the game is fast and fun to play but the campaign is very bare bones - and there are some combinations of terrain + victory cards which are basically auto win for one team.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Oh, I was under the mistaken impression it came out last weekend. That explains why no one is talking about it beyond the reviews!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I just wish they'd release the card terrain. I almost went in on the Battlezone fantasy stuff, but the shipping was too rich for my blood.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Guerrilla Games gave it a fairly negative review: https://youtu.be/UhW-EcuW3Bs

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Rhaegar posted:

Guerrilla Games gave it a fairly negative review: https://youtu.be/UhW-EcuW3Bs

Thank you for sharing this. The main dude kind of grinds on me but the “cooler” guy seems to be pretty level headed

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
IMO, early reviews for a lot of GW are absolutely useless for a couple reasons:

1- Most GW nowdays are super streamlined, at least when played non-competitively. Meaning that if you open the starter product and want to play a game with a friend, you can get going pretty quick and get to the fun part almost immediately. A lot of people interpret this to mean the game must be really good, because they never went through a boring process of having to learn the rules.

2- Most GW games don't really have that many mid-game choices that are difficult and drastically change the outcome. It is usually pretty easy to identify the biggest threat, and usually everything can attack it. There aren't that many special rules or special interactions between models. This makes everything seem super fun to start with, but that quickly can change to the game becoming uninteresting really quickly.

My metric is that if you see people playing the game at the store 3 months after it came out, and they are playing during the time window between new releases for that game, then it is probably good. If people only play when a product was released within the past few weeks, it doesn't mean anything.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Mugaaz posted:

IMO, early reviews for a lot of GW are absolutely useless for a couple reasons:

1- Most GW nowdays are super streamlined, at least when played non-competitively. Meaning that if you open the starter product and want to play a game with a friend, you can get going pretty quick and get to the fun part almost immediately. A lot of people interpret this to mean the game must be really good, because they never went through a boring process of having to learn the rules.

2- Most GW games don't really have that many mid-game choices that are difficult and drastically change the outcome. It is usually pretty easy to identify the biggest threat, and usually everything can attack it. There aren't that many special rules or special interactions between models. This makes everything seem super fun to start with, but that quickly can change to the game becoming uninteresting really quickly.

My metric is that if you see people playing the game at the store 3 months after it came out, and they are playing during the time window between new releases for that game, then it is probably good. If people only play when a product was released within the past few weeks, it doesn't mean anything.

Further support that AT is GW's best game, since no-one played it for months after release and now it's alive and kicking.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Thank you for sharing this. The main dude kind of grinds on me but the “cooler” guy seems to be pretty level headed

Interesting side note, I watch that channel's Infinity battle reports and I have the opposite reaction. They're both pretty sloppy players, at least in that setting, the smaller guy (whose channel is 'gaming with the cooler') does seem to have a better grasp of rules, but he's so god drat glum about everything! Seems to take no joy in the game at all.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Yeah, GMG seemed really negative that it wasn't what they thought it should be.

It's a slick modern ruleset with 15 factions available the week after release.

Plays very smooth. Campaign complexity can be added later.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Thundercloud posted:

Campaign complexity can be added later.

IMO, The rest might be true, but this part is definitely not.

Genghis Cohen posted:

Interesting side note, I watch that channel's Infinity battle reports and I have the opposite reaction. They're both pretty sloppy players, at least in that setting, the smaller guy (whose channel is 'gaming with the cooler') does seem to have a better grasp of rules, but he's so god drat glum about everything! Seems to take no joy in the game at all.

They're playing a full game and editing it down into a watchable battle report every single day with each day being a different game and ruleset. This is probably as good as anyone can play under those conditions.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
My favorite thing about the Warcry release is all the nerds on GW’s Facebook posts about it getting mad about having to buy all the war bands at once GOSH HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PAINT ALL THIS AT ONCE

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Thundercloud posted:

Yeah, GMG seemed really negative that it wasn't what they thought it should be.

It's a slick modern ruleset with 15 factions available the week after release.

Plays very smooth. Campaign complexity can be added later.

I feel like their main complaint was with the core game engine. The mechanics just aren’t that interesting and theres a universal optimal tactic. You don’t really make interesting decisions.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Reynold posted:

My favorite thing about the Warcry release is all the nerds on GW’s Facebook posts about it getting mad about having to buy all the war bands at once GOSH HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PAINT ALL THIS AT ONCE

Well, before we knew the three warbands were releasing in one week the thing people were most mad about was that the fact that the game was releasing with only one non starter warband.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Nerdrage. Nerdrage never changes. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely nerdy ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Reynold posted:

Yeah, this stuff is getting insanely dumb.

Game releases and doesn't get many expansions == Why aren't you guys supporting this game?
Game releases and has a steady stream of expansions == Why are you guys adopting the "DLC model" for this game?
Game has multiple expansions that greatly improve the game == How do you expect us to afford / paint all this stuff?

People will bitch about literally everything.