Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

Brought To You By posted:

"thank you Ayako for not being put off by my stoic demeanor and for filling my life with such joy"
Something like that I imagine.

Wild thing
You make everything
Grooooovvvyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats the real effective difference in worthiness between having the wiring to read somebody with a fairly flat demeanor and having the wiring to more directly receive their feelings tho

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Tollymain posted:

whats the real effective difference in worthiness between having the wiring to read somebody with a fairly flat demeanor and having the wiring to more directly receive their feelings tho

.I think the distinction being drawn depends on the idea that being able to read people with a flat demeanor isn't wiring -- it's a cultivated skill.

Mana can figure out what Toda thinks and feels because they've been friends forever / she cares about him, so she can read his subtle cues. Her ability to read him comes from emotional intelligence and personal investment. Nakano can figure out what Toda thinks and feels because she's got a direct line to his brain, no emotional intelligence / caring required -- she got to skip the step of growing as a person and caring about people enough to watch their facial expressions because she could know what they thought without having to put in that effort.

Which isn't to say that beating herself up about it is the correct decision. But it is an understandable one.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

nooooooooooooo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ask him for gently caress!!!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

sniper4625 posted:

nooooooooooooo
no, that just means they're gonna start getting physical

in his room

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Pull up! Pull up!!! Don't you dare pull a Tomo on us.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
If they were both telepaths, then sure words aren't needed. But since they aren't

Just talk to each other you idiots. Or start smooching I suppose.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ck-k4XSqOI&t=19s

Sugita and Suzumura's screams of agony are basically how I felt after reading this latest page.

:cripes:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 28, 2019

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
EDIT: gently caress wrong thread

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 29, 2019

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mana will be like "so what does he kiss like" and then bean nakano over the head when she finds out they didnt actually do anything

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fantastic news, everyone! Hiatus time soon!

https://twitter.com/twi_yon/status/1155720869571940352

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I should abuse my power and hit you with a 6er just for giving us such horrible news.

I won't, though. But it still hurts. :cry:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Zep...................

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That image always cracks me up because it looks like Toda can't decide whether he's going to lick her feet or plunge headfirst into that rear end.

And Nakano's like "oh now, how did this happen, my ribbon, how unfortunate"

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

oops

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Thanks Mom, needed the reminder of that looming pressure.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

FilthyImp posted:

That image always cracks me up because it looks like Toda can't decide whether he's going to lick her feet or plunge headfirst into that rear end.

And Nakano's like "oh now, how did this happen, my ribbon, how unfortunate"

Toda's fantasies have been so tame lately that I wanna say that's the most cheesecake image in the manga but I'm also pretty sure that if I got back to the earlier chapters I'll be proven wrong.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Ytlaya posted:

Toda is going to be crushed when he realizes that Nakano's telepathy means that she didn't actually just know him so well that she could tell how he's feeling, and that this is actually just a one-off thing that only occurred due to the other person having superpowers.

I mean, I don't think Toda cares that much. I wouldn't think he'd take that any different than that Nakano is the best girlfriend he could ask for.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Crasical posted:

Toda's fantasies have been so tame lately that I wanna say that's the most cheesecake image in the manga but I'm also pretty sure that if I got back to the earlier chapters I'll be proven wrong.

This is your scheduled reminder that any and all images of his fantasies are produced by the equally thirsty mind of Nakano.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Comic / Goon Title Combo. :stare:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Two good siblings

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
https://twitter.com/ACBlackJ0ck/status/738868560995491840

E: drat phone posting too late

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Oh God the Japanese version.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ahahahaha seriously?! :haw:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo! :cawg:

I think the translation/localization is funnier, but holy hell, the sister did not hold back!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

CommissarMega posted:

Ahahahaha seriously?! :haw:

Apparently, that slang had to be explained in the Japanese comment section. And Nobel streams on twitch sometimes.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

So what you're saying is the sister is Nobel's self insert.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
You mean the "GG NOOB" line wasn't a localization?! Amazing.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Savage sister :cawg:

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
Oh God I can't stop grinning like a goddamn idiot at work. This comic.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

What a strange place to start a hiatus.

edit: I might be completely wrong on this, but I thought the scanlators had three strips in the queue as of Sunday night, which would mean we're done for now.

Agronox fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 31, 2019

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Wait, was that the last issue before hiatus???

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I thought the scanslators had at buffer of at least a few days?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Zereth posted:

I thought the scanslators had at buffer of at least a few days?

They used it up at some point. Last update is this one.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

What the gently caress we don't even get to know how she did on the exams until after the hiatus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Zereth posted:

What the gently caress we don't even get to know how she did on the exams until after the hiatus?

Hiatus cliffhanger law. (I'm severely annoyed too)